COVID RULES

Old Aug 2nd 2021, 6:03 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID RULES

This traffic light system is a sick joke. Hopefully it will be abandoned soon.
Boris Johnson has pledged to create a "simple and user-friendly" system for overseas travel.
It would have to be very simple for than simpleton to understand.

Last edited by missile; Aug 2nd 2021 at 6:05 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
This traffic light system is a sick joke. Hopefully it will be abandoned soon.
It would have to be very simple for than simpleton to understand.
BBC report just out that any changes to current traffic light system have been abandoned according to uk government source
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 10:20 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
BBC report just out that any changes to current traffic light system have been abandoned according to uk government source
No prospect of amber travel watchlist being introduced this week (msn.com)
It is chaos. No one knows what BoJo will utter next, he does not know himself.

Last edited by missile; Aug 2nd 2021 at 11:17 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by missile
No prospect of amber travel watchlist being introduced this week (msn.com)
It is chaos. No one knows what BoJo will utter next, he does not know himself.
One thing for certain - whatever BoJo says, we know he will later retract it.

Mary
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 6:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So what's to stop anyone from holidaying in Spain , but flying back from Portugal or any other non red country thereby dodging the quarantine requirements.
Is it me ,or does this traffic light system have more holes than a colander.
​​​​
As above, no ‘amber plus’ list now. But FWIW, the form you fill in when arriving in the UK asks for details of where you’ve been in the previous 14 days, plus a declaration that you have to sign, and it’s a criminal offence not to fill it in correctly. So yes, somebody could lie on it and risk the £10k fine and 10 years in prison, but most sensible people wouldn’t.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MKABZ
One thing for certain - whatever BoJo says, we know he will later retract it.

Mary
For many many years , governments of all colours have floated a policy idea by giving it out beforehand to a few trusted news sources , to see whether it gets lift , or gets shot out of the sky by public opinon. It's nothing new, and and has happened a lot in the last 18 months. Expect to see more in the future. Especially around election time. Scruples and politicians don't usually appear in the same sentence, unless "a lack of " is inserted somewhere along the line.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 8:56 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
ive been reading about pre-tests before coming to England on the FCO site.

Heres what it says, below.

It doesn't specify which test, so I reckon the quickest and cheapest is acceptable.

Is that nust wishful thinking please?

Thanks
Jon

Take a coronavirus test before you travel to England

You must have proof of a negative coronavirus (COVID-19) test to travel to England.

You must take a test even if:You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you can take the test on or after Tuesday and will need to have the negative result available before boarding on Friday.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...ing-to-england
Old Aug 6th 2021, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi

It doesn't specify which test, so I reckon the quickest and cheapest is acceptable.

Thanks
Jon

You must have proof of a negative coronavirus (COVID-19) test to travel to England.

You must take a test even if:You must take the test in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you can take the test on or after Tuesday and will need to have the negative result available before boarding on Friday.
They are recommending the PCR test (expensive) but lateral flow is ok.

We flew to Faro yesterday and passport control
looked at negative Covid test cert, proof of double vax cert and Portuguese locator form.
( Inside leg measurement was optional )
Don’t know whether this is the new norm or he was having a bad day
Flight by the way was probably maximum 1/4 full.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks
Jon

An antigen (lat flow) test will suffice, you will be doing a PCR test on or before day 2 of arrival in the UK. These are available in VRSA and other areas for about 25 euros.

Mary.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Small bit of advice for anyone requiring a covid test prior to flying to UK. Be that PCR or Antigen test.

When you book/reserve your test, clarify if there is a further cost if the result comes back as 'inconclusive'.

My daughter who is a uni student and therefore not earning, had to have a PCR test in June to fly back to UK, as was required then. As it was 100 euros in the International Health Centre in Vila Real de San Antonio, compared with 120 euros in Ayamonte, and we were in the area anyway, she had her test there.
That evening the test came back as 'inconclusive'. I telephoned them the next day, and was told by the admin staff there at reception that if the test comes back as 'Inconclusive', she should attend the centre again as soon as possible for another test for which there would be no charge.
We went straight over as she was due to fly the day after. She filled out all the paperwork again and confirmed there would be no charge, and was told to wait in the corridor to be called by the nurse for the test.
After about 30 minutes of waiting the receptionist came up to her and told her she would have to pay the 100 euros again, as she'd spoken to the laboratory who did the first test and they had said the sample taken on the first test was sufficient, and their testing machines were working correctly. As my daughter was flying so soon [next day] we had no choice, but I complained bitterly to the staff who seemed unconcerned and suggested I put a complaint in.
I emailed the laboratory [part of the same group] no answer. I emailed the medical centre staff numerous times, no answer. I visited the centre 3 x times to complain, to be told they 'were looking into it'. The last occasion I was asked for my bank account number so they could put the refund into my account. Nothing. I emailed the head office approx a month ago, and today received a reply saying they would not refund me. I have now asked them why their staff say to come over for free further test, then charge the full amount for it, knowing we had to have the test quickly.
So if you're arranging a test, do clarify the testing station's policy on inconclusive results, so you will know beforehand. And beware of the International Health Centre in Vila Real and their lack of response to a complaint.
Old Aug 7th 2021, 5:56 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

They are recommending the PCR test (expensive) but lateral flow is ok.

We flew to Faro yesterday and passport control
looked at negative Covid test cert, proof of double vax cert and Portuguese locator form.
( Inside leg measurement was optional )
Don’t know whether this is the new norm or he was having a bad day
Flight by the way was probably maximum 1/4 full.

Welcome back to CE !!

Jon
Old Aug 7th 2021, 5:59 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MKABZ
An antigen (lat flow) test will suffice, you will be doing a PCR test on or before day 2 of arrival in the UK. These are available in VRSA and other areas for about 25 euros.

Mary.
Thanks Mary, I know you've researched this really well.

These days one has to triple check everything, and then stay current as things can change daily!!

Jon
Old Aug 7th 2021, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Welcome back to CE !!

Jon
Thanks , it's so good to be back . Don't know if anyone else finds this, but as soon as we stepped out of the car, I caught a waft of that beautiful spicey smell that must come off the bushes over here.in the heat. And as I did the last 18 months slipped out of focus into the background for a moment. Wonderful !
Old Aug 7th 2021, 8:20 am
Just Joined

vincentayre is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew into Seville on Wednesday and they did the same.
Old Aug 7th 2021, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

We had to return to the uk at short notice got our test in Isla Christina, think we were about 55 euros each, result in ten minutes, coffee bars all around to wait for results. First class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.