COVID RULES

Old Jul 13th 2021, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID RULES

San Roque in Ayamonte are doing tests for 30euros.
As with all the test centres it is vital you book your test for your returning asap as they you will struggle to get one at short notice. They do not test at weekends so if you are flying on a Monday you will struggle
Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:00 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: COVID RULES

Originally Posted by guesswork
San Roque in Ayamonte are doing tests for 30euros.
As with all the test centres it is vital you book your test for your returning asap as they you will struggle to get one at short notice. They do not test at weekends so if you are flying on a Monday you will struggle
Thanks Guesswork, do you know if they take the swab there, test and then provide a certificate that meets all the criteria required to board a plane and enter back into England ? Is it the rapid antigen test ?

Sorry to quiz you

Thanks Mel
Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

They do the test and results there. Its the basic test. I know people who were flying to the UK and it was acceptable
Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:15 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
They do the test and results there. Its the basic test. I know people who were flying to the UK and it was acceptable
Thanks very much
Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Thanks very much
There is a company in the UK doing the test to fly out and giving a test to take with you .
With all the details on what to do.
they have got good reviews on trust pilot
All in £99
I will PM you with details
Old Jul 13th 2021, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Mel & John,
The clinic in VRSA can do your antigen test for 25 euros, results take 24 hours.. They are just opposite the "COFFEE" coffee shop on the main road.
Are you aware that your day 2 & 8 tests need to be booked through a specific website which you can find the link for on the official Government website?
Mary.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 1:39 pm
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
There is a company in the UK doing the test to fly out and giving a test to take with you .
With all the details on what to do.
they have got good reviews on trust pilot
All in £99
I will PM you with details
Brilliant ...thanks
Old Jul 13th 2021, 1:45 pm
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Mel & John,
The clinic in VRSA can do your antigen test for 25 euros, results take 24 hours.. They are just opposite the "COFFEE" coffee shop on the main road.
Are you aware that your day 2 & 8 tests need to be booked through a specific website which you can find the link for on the official Government website?
Mary.
Thanks for the VSRA info.
Yikes, for the PCR 2 and 8 I thought I could book with any company on the gov.uk list but did not know the actual booking have to be channelled via that website. Thanks Mary, I better get checking again.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 1:53 pm
MEL & JOHN

Yikes, for the PCR 2 and 8 I thought I could book with any company on the gov.uk list but did not know the actual booking have to be channelled via that website. Thanks Mary, I better get checking again.

Just looked on Gov.uk for advice when returning from an Amber country into England and the system takes you to the list of providers. I put "self swab at home" for our choice and C19 Testing appear and a click on their name takes you to their website.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

From 29 July you only need a day 2 test on returning from Amber list countries
(Portugal) as long as you have had both jabs
Old Jul 13th 2021, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

From 19 July you only need a day 2 test on returning from Amber list countries
Old Jul 13th 2021, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

Good Morning all, have been looking into the testing and checked out Randox but, for us it is the time, travel, journey etc to their drop box - miles away from us. Will be a pain when in Spain too and would be concerned about their receipt of the test and the response time

Following my first post I had made a mistake as I missed out the fact that you need a test to enter Portugal so need to do that before catching a flight from England.

Try www.c19testing.co.uk (Cerulean Healthcare) I have emailed them twice and they have replied quickly. They are on the gov.uk list. The rapid antigen tests 3 days before leaving England and before leaving Portugal/Spain are £29 each. Do the test yourself and upload it to their site with passport details and they respond with your certificate (if negative of course) which you can print off.

The day 2 PCR test on return is £99, Day 2 and day 8 are £180 As Mary said above, no rush to book the tests as we may only need the Day2 BUT, of course, anything and everything could change hopefully for the better but it may not.

SO per person from England to Portugal 2 Rapid Antigens @ £29 each and (hopefully) 1 x day 2 PCR = £99 TOTAL £157 IF Day2 and Day8 PCR on return then the total is £238
The PCR tests can be returned to C19 Testing by Royal Mail

Anyway, if like us you are thinking of travelling it may be worth a look and please do post comments on here - good or bad so we can make the correct choices/

Take Care all

Mel
We used the Cerulean Healthcare website quoted above. Bought two antigen tests each. All done at home, outward one while in UK and return one with us here to do in ES next week. No need to leave home for either test @ £29 each.

Booking our day 2 PCR tests with Randox via the EasyJet website link @ £43 each. Will be on doormat when we arrive home in UK on 20th July. DPD collect samples, so no need to leave home to complete the test.

Total cost per person £101 for all tests required for our return trip to ES via PT. Have researched well and reckon this is the best solution.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 2:39 pm
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
From 19 July you only need a day 2 test on returning from Amber list countries
That's good ....hope it stays that way OR if it changes let's hope it's GREEN, GREEEN for GO !!
Old Jul 13th 2021, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by del.Almendro
We used the Cerulean Healthcare website quoted above. Bought two antigen tests each. All done at home, outward one while in UK and return one with us here to do in ES next week. No need to leave home for either test @ £29 each.

Booking our day 2 PCR tests with Randox via the EasyJet website link @ £43 each. Will be on doormat when we arrive home in UK on 20th July. DPD collect samples, so no need to leave home to complete the test.

Total cost per person £101 for all tests required for our return trip to ES via PT. Have researched well and reckon this is the best solution.
just so I'm clear .
You used the the rapid antigen test to fly to Faro ,with no problems
were you asked for proof at departure or arrival ?
and both tests to be done 48 hours before artival/departure?
looking on the latest UK gov info that seems acceptable and cheaper than the full
PCR test

Last edited by shirley and anthony hide; Jul 13th 2021 at 3:03 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

Yes, that's correct. We printed NHS double-jabbed certificates, PT passenger locator forms and negative antigen test results. These were presented at Bristol and Faro where they were inspected and returned to us with only cursory inspection at both airports. Bristol complimented us for having them printed out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.