COVID RULES

Old Jul 8th 2021, 12:11 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default COVID RULES

Hiya all,

I would appreciate confirmation, or correction, with regard to the considerations for travel from England to Faro and then on to Ayamonte. This is from the viewpoint of people who have been double vaccinated.
My understanding, at the time of writing and whilst both Portugal and Spain are Amber countries, is that we have to:-

Prior to leaving the UK book a clinic to send us kits for Day 2 and Day 8 testing which we undertake on our return (have looked on the gov.uk site but would appreciate recommendations with regard to best cost and reliability please) Self Swab at home are around £85 plus
Prior to leaving the UK complete the on line Passenger Locator Form to be able to fly into Faro which is on the www.portugalcleanand safe.pt. As we go into Spain I have read that people put in their Spanish address but a Villa Real Post code, could we put the Costa Esuri code?

Whilst on holiday we need to book a clinic to take covid tests which you have to have to be allowed to board your flight home.
These must be taken 3 days before you fly and must be either **PCR/LAMP/LATERAL FLOW. So, if flying early Sunday morning, you need to have the test from Thursday onwards .
*REQUIREMENTS This document must match the name on your passport and show your DOB. Show the test result and the address and contact details for the clinic. It must also show the type of test carried out and the device used.
I have read on this forum and on FB that the San Roque Medical Centre in Ayamonte carry out these tests and they are approx €30. I cannot see anything on their web site
Can anybody confirm what type of **test they do ? Do you have to book in for your test a few days before? How soon do you receive the result? Does their certificate cover the *REQUIREMENTS?
Presume pre-flight tests in Spain will be acceptable to board a flight in Portugal OR should we find a clinic in Portugal?

Prior to leaving to return to the UK we have to complete a Passenger Locator Form which is on the gov.uk site.

No self isolation on return from Amber or Green countries as from 19/07/21 If Spain and Portugal go Green then I think (????) that only a DAY 2 test is needed.

I am sure there are other potential travellers hoping to get to their CE homes that need confirmation of what to do to meet the regulations so any tips. information and advice would be appreciated.

With my thanks

Mel

Old Jul 8th 2021, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future
Default Re: COVID RULES

We returned from Costa Esuri, via Faro, just over a week ago, at that time, here's what we had to do before going, during our trip, and on our return -

-Firstly, we purchased all of our PCR tests via a company recommended by Easyjet, called RANDOX, who are based in Northern Ireland, found their service very prompt and first class, each PCR test cost £60. I have no affiliation with RANDOX, they were a recommended test facility by Easyjet.
-3 days prior to flying, LGW-FAR, completed a PCR test (at home), found my nearest UK RANDOX drop-off location, dropped off the sample, packaged as requested. Received confirmation from RANDOX early the following morning that they had received my sample, and it was in their lab, awaiting testing. By early afternoon that day, had an email from RANDOX advising of a negative result, complete with result certificate.
-2 days prior to flying, LGW-FAR, completed a passenger location form on the UK Government website, advising my address as just "Ayamonte - 21400".
-On arrival at LGW, nothing other than the usual required, until arriving at the gate, when I had to show proof of my negative test result, on my certificate.
-3 days prior to returning home, FAR-LGW, completed a PCR test (at my apartment), found my nearest RANDOX drop-off location, (Olhao, Portugal), dropped off sample, packaged as requested. Received confirmation from RANDOX early the following morning that they had received my sample, and it was in their lab, awaiting testing. By early afternoon that day, had an email from RANDOX advising of a negative result, complete with result certificate.
-2 days prior to flying home, FAR-LGW, completed a passenger location form on the UK Government website, advising of my home quarantine address.
-On arrival at FAR, nothing other than the usual required, until arriving at the gate, when I had to show proof of my negative test result, on my certificate, my passenger location form, and boarding pass.
-On arriving into LGW, this is the bit which I found very frustrating.........walked straight through the airport, sailed through the electronic passport check, straight to the car park, and drove home. NOBODY at LGW spoke to me, asked me nothing, didn't ask to see a single test result of any kind, zip, nothing !!!!!.
-4 times in the first 2 days of being home, received phone calls asking if I was still quarantining, then no phone calls after that.
-2 days after returning home, completed a "Day-2" PCR test (at home), found my nearest UK RANDOX drop-off location, dropped off the sample, packaged as requested. Received confirmation from RANDOX early the following morning that they had received my sample, and it was in their lab, awaiting testing. By late afternoon that day, had an email from RANDOX advising of a negative result, complete with result certificate.
-5 days after returning home, completed a "Day-5, test to release" PCR test (at home), found my nearest UK RANDOX drop-off location, dropped off the sample, packaged as requested. Received confirmation from RANDOX early the following mid-morning that they had received my sample, and it was in their lab, awaiting testing. By early evening that day, had an email from RANDOX advising of a negative result, complete with result certificate.

The PCR test I took to return home, I ordered from RANDOX, and took with me to Costa Esuri. My Day-2 test I ordered prior to flying out to CE. My Day-5 Test to release, I ordered when I returned home. The test kit arrived usually 24 hrs after ordering them from RANDOX.
The biggest pain, is finding a UK/Algarve RANDOX drop-off location, there looks to be quite a few, and these are slowly increasing, you may be lucky, and have one more local to you.
Also, with a total of 4 x PCR tests, for my wife and I, total cost £480.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ken and Tina
We returned from Costa Esuri, via Faro, just over a week ago, at that time, here's what we had to do before going, during our trip, and on our return -

-Firstly, we purchased all of our PCR tests via a company recommended by Easyjet, called RANDOX, who are based in Northern Ireland, found their service very prompt and first class, each PCR test cost £60. I have no affiliation with RANDOX, they were a recommended test facility by Easyjet.
-3 days prior to flying, LGW-FAR, completed a PCR test (at home), found my nearest UK RANDOX drop-off location, dropped off the sample, packaged as requested. Received confirmation from RANDOX early the following morning that they had received my sample, and it was in their lab, awaiting testing. By early afternoon that day, had an email from RANDOX advising of a negative result, complete with result certificate.
-2 days prior to flying, LGW-FAR, completed a passenger location form on the UK Government website, advising my address as just "Ayamonte - 21400".
-On arrival at LGW, nothing other than the usual required, until arriving at the gate, when I had to show proof of my negative test result, on my certificate.
-3 days prior to returning home, FAR-LGW, completed a PCR test (at my apartment), found my nearest RANDOX drop-off location, (Olhao, Portugal), dropped off sample, packaged as requested. Received confirmation from RANDOX early the following morning that they had received my sample, and it was in their lab, awaiting testing. By early afternoon that day, had an email from RANDOX advising of a negative result, complete with result certificate.
-2 days prior to flying home, FAR-LGW, completed a passenger location form on the UK Government website, advising of my home quarantine address.
-On arrival at FAR, nothing other than the usual required, until arriving at the gate, when I had to show proof of my negative test result, on my certificate, my passenger location form, and boarding pass.
-On arriving into LGW, this is the bit which I found very frustrating.........walked straight through the airport, sailed through the electronic passport check, straight to the car park, and drove home. NOBODY at LGW spoke to me, asked me nothing, didn't ask to see a single test result of any kind, zip, nothing !!!!!.
-4 times in the first 2 days of being home, received phone calls asking if I was still quarantining, then no phone calls after that.
-2 days after returning home, completed a "Day-2" PCR test (at home), found my nearest UK RANDOX drop-off location, dropped off the sample, packaged as requested. Received confirmation from RANDOX early the following morning that they had received my sample, and it was in their lab, awaiting testing. By late afternoon that day, had an email from RANDOX advising of a negative result, complete with result certificate.
-5 days after returning home, completed a "Day-5, test to release" PCR test (at home), found my nearest UK RANDOX drop-off location, dropped off the sample, packaged as requested. Received confirmation from RANDOX early the following mid-morning that they had received my sample, and it was in their lab, awaiting testing. By early evening that day, had an email from RANDOX advising of a negative result, complete with result certificate.

The PCR test I took to return home, I ordered from RANDOX, and took with me to Costa Esuri. My Day-2 test I ordered prior to flying out to CE. My Day-5 Test to release, I ordered when I returned home. The test kit arrived usually 24 hrs after ordering them from RANDOX.
The biggest pain, is finding a UK/Algarve RANDOX drop-off location, there looks to be quite a few, and these are slowly increasing, you may be lucky, and have one more local to you.
Also, with a total of 4 x PCR tests, for my wife and I, total cost £480.
Thanks for ken and Tina
can I ask how did you order the test for going out of the UK
I looked on randox site and am struggling to see where you can have a test delivered to your home . It seems to say you have to visit one of their test centres
Old Jul 8th 2021, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Thanks for ken and Tina
can I ask how did you order the test for going out of the UK
I looked on randox site and am struggling to see where you can have a test delivered to your home . It seems to say you have to visit one of their test centres
if you go on Randox website you can pick the pre departure from U.K. when you book type in FLYRYANAIR and you will get up to £10 discount depending on what package you book. They do not ask for booking details with Ryanair We came home yesterday when there we booked our antigen test with Germano Da Sousa COVID testing in Tavira they also have clinics in VRSA and Monte Gordo but we just turned up and we’re fully booked so go on website phone and book couple of days in advance cost is 25 Euros for antigen and results in 24 hours sent in PDF to your email, everything else is as already been said
Old Jul 8th 2021, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark donna
if you go on Randox website you can pick the pre departure from U.K. when you book type in FLYRYANAIR and you will get up to £10 discount depending on what package you book. They do not ask for booking details with Ryanair We came home yesterday when there we booked our antigen test with Germano Da Sousa COVID testing in Tavira they also have clinics in VRSA and Monte Gordo but we just turned up and we’re fully booked so go on website phone and book couple of days in advance cost is 25 Euros for antigen and results in 24 hours sent in PDF to your email, everything else is as already been said
Thanks very much for the info, much appreciated . Especially the Germano info .Will look into that.

Old Jul 8th 2021, 9:14 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Ken, Tina and Mark, thank you very much for all this info
I am sure I will be posting again soon as I still have a few niggles to sort 🤔
Old Jul 9th 2021, 6:05 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

With the ever changing rules re CV19 (remember Portugal on green list for just a few weeks). A couple of points.. as there have been some key changes in the past few days.

1. (UK rules) We saw in the UK, rules change for fully NHS vaccinated after July 19 . Even though we are both vax2'd, with UK approved vaccinations (Pfizer) , each have the EU digital covid certificates.... We cant currently travel to the UK with no quarantine after July 19, as Belgian residents. My UK passport wont help me, even though I meet exactly the same entrance criteria. The new rules are for those who have been NHS vaccinated only. (I hope that changes asap)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...tering-england

2. (EU rules) At about the same time the EU put both Spain and Portugal on the RED list.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/eu-affairs/176795/tbtb-portugal-and-most-of-spain-colour-red-on-european-coronavirus-map-travel-ecdc/

Whilst things have changed post Brexit, the SCIENCE behind this should be common. Travel is a risk first, then we have to check the entry requirements for 3 countries... As well as the exit from them depending on which way you are going, including, for example, the delay post vax2 to be considered fully vaccinated. (With the exception if flying into Seville and staying in Spain..... Then looking at the then current situation at the bridge for visits to PT)

To Ken and Tina to show all this complexity excellently in practice (and cost).... Post 2

Note that there (may) be different criteria for (e.g) air travel and road travel

Whilst we have different systems UK/EU I think its handy to keep an eye on both as the source data must be similar.. its only how that data is translated that is a tad different

Sorry to be 'negative' but I believe there (just) might be a chance and we turn RED over here in ES and PT. Its now turned RED, since arriving, in our case (EU) .... staying AMBER for UK .... But things often change.

In our case we are here for a while so will wait a bit before planning our return to get the latest news, and entry/exit criteria. We are driving, so must cross the ES-FR border, then the FR-BE one, and would normally want to stay a night in France.

Jon
PS Grant Schapps just said he 'hopes' that residents of non UK countries, with good certification of having had 2 WHO-approved vaccines, will in "short order" be allowed in quarantine-free, when pressed he suggested a 2 week timeframe to decision. I'm looking forward to getting back to visit my country after SO long away!

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 9th 2021 at 7:12 am.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
With the ever changing rules re CV19 (remember Portugal on green list for just a few weeks). A couple of points.. as there have been some key changes in the past few days.

1. (UK rules) We saw in the UK, rules change for fully NHS vaccinated after July 19 . Even though we are both vax2'd, with UK approved vaccinations (Pfizer) , each have the EU digital covid certificates.... We cant currently travel to the UK with no quarantine after July 19, as Belgian residents. My UK passport wont help me, even though I meet exactly the same entrance criteria. The new rules are for those who have been NHS vaccinated only. (I hope that changes asap)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...tering-england

2. (EU rules) At about the same time the EU put both Spain and Portugal on the RED list.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/e...p-travel-ecdc/

Whilst things have changed post Brexit, the SCIENCE behind this should be common. Travel is a risk first, then we have to check the entry requirements for 3 countries... As well as the exit from them depending on which way you are going, including, for example, the delay post vax2 to be considered fully vaccinated. (With the exception if flying into Seville and staying in Spain..... Then looking at the then current situation at the bridge for visits to PT)

To Ken and Tina to show all this complexity excellently in practice (and cost).... Post 2

Jon
PS Grant Schapps just said he 'hopes' that residents of non UK countries, with good certification of having had 2 WHO-approved vaccines, will in "short order" be allowed in quarantine-free, when pressed he suggested a 2 week timeframe to decision. I'm looking forward to getting back to visit my country after SO long away!
It's a minefield ,having to go through more hoops than Michael Jordan ,just to travel anywhere,and to get back as well . Nice relaxing holiday .not.
Plus the next pandemic will be a plague of rhinitis ,caused by millions of swabs being stuck up noses for testing.
But let's be positive. Or should that negative . I don't know anymore !!!
Old Jul 9th 2021, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Ken, Tina and Mark, thank you very much for all this info
I am sure I will be posting again soon as I still have a few niggles to sort 🤔
one thing I will add when we got to Faro passport control I had took snapshots of the QR code for NHS vaccine and presented them on my phone to the customs officer. Big problem Portuguese passport control do not have a QR code scanner so took us a while to sort 4g and get on to nhs website to prove we had been double jabbed. Officer said in future bring paper copies of everything so I would say before you go print out your vaccine certs PCR negative cert and your Portuguese locator form this will speed up the process of getting through passport control.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Mel & John,
There is no requirement to book your days 2 & 8 tests before leaving the UK. The new information circulating is that only one test will be required after the 19th (for England), still to be confirmed.
For the PLF we put n/a in the address section and for the post code we put in zeros, using the same format as the post code. No one at Faro Airport asked to see our PLF, we showed nothing other than our passports.
We plan to use a clinic in VRSA for out departure test, haven't looked into the cost etc yet. They can be done at Faro airport but possibly cost more.
Mary.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

It's a minefield ,having to go through more hoops than Michael Jordan ,just to travel anywhere,and to get back as well . Nice relaxing holiday .not.
As an amber country why are you not following your government advice and stay away? For a holiday??
Old Jul 9th 2021, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by growinspain
As an amber country why are you not following your government advice and stay away? For a holiday??
Thanks for the advice
I have a house there that I have not been able to get to for 18 months.
So need to see if it's still standing for one thing .

Does that answer your question .??
Old Jul 9th 2021, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice

Assuming you are travelling after the 19th July, the following applies.
"The government currently advises people not to travel to amber destinations, but this will change from 19 July."
Even if travelling before that - we did -, it is "advice" not law!!!
Enjoy your holiday when it comes.
Mary.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice

It answers that you are taking an unnecessary risk and not following your government advice.

I am sure in your area there are many bonded, trustworthy key holders or businesses that will periodically check your home for you, take the post in, etc...
Old Jul 9th 2021, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by growinspain
It answers that you are taking an unnecessary risk and not following your government advice.

I am sure in your area there are many bonded, trustworthy key holders or businesses that will periodically check your home for you, take the post in, etc...
You take a risk every time you wake up in the morning and walk out your front door my friend.
As for following Government advice . It is just that ,advice, not law .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.