COVID RULES

Old Jul 9th 2021, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID RULES

I use the back door and tend to listen to people who give advice that are smarter than me on the subject and have my best interests in mind.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
I use the back door and tend to listen to people who give advice that are smarter than me on the subject and have my best interests in mind.
I take your point .
But the Spanish government is welcoming people from abroad who have been double vaccinated . They are also smarter than you and I ,
It's really discombobulating isn't it .
Old Jul 9th 2021, 1:24 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
It's a minefield ,having to go through more hoops than Michael Jordan ,just to travel anywhere,and to get back as well . Nice relaxing holiday .not.
Plus the next pandemic will be a plague of rhinitis ,caused by millions of swabs being stuck up noses for testing.
But let's be positive. Or should that negative . I don't know anymore !!!
Made me smile ....positive/negative !!
We have not been to our home there since 2019 and although our friend pops in we need to check it ourselves and we have jobs to do. Additionally, like all our us with holiday homes there and bank accounts, we need to make an appt at the bank as that is a requirement to check and update details, It will also be a holiday but with a home there we do all pay taxes IBI and EUC, the standing charges for utilities we are not using etc.so I am so happy our govt is allowing us to go and Spain and Portugal are happy to welcome us. Booked our flights at a very reasonable price with Ryanair and we follow the rules with vaccine etc. SO, anyone who is going, been or already there HAVE FUN !!
Old Jul 9th 2021, 1:29 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Mel & John,
There is no requirement to book your days 2 & 8 tests before leaving the UK. The new information circulating is that only one test will be required after the 19th (for England), still to be confirmed.
For the PLF we put n/a in the address section and for the post code we put in zeros, using the same format as the post code. No one at Faro Airport asked to see our PLF, we showed nothing other than our passports.
We plan to use a clinic in VRSA for out departure test, haven't looked into the cost etc yet. They can be done at Faro airport but possibly cost more.
Mary.
Thanks Mary, appreciate your post. That would save a bit to only have the one test which would be the case if both Portugal and Spain turned green. Good PLF advice too !
Yes, I am looking into the VSRA clinic too, there is a web site and there is an English option
If either of us, or anyone else on the forum, gets all the info let's post it here to help each other out
Old Jul 9th 2021, 1:32 pm
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by mark donna
one thing I will add when we got to Faro passport control I had took snapshots of the QR code for NHS vaccine and presented them on my phone to the customs officer. Big problem Portuguese passport control do not have a QR code scanner so took us a while to sort 4g and get on to nhs website to prove we had been double jabbed. Officer said in future bring paper copies of everything so I would say before you go print out your vaccine certs PCR negative cert and your Portuguese locator form this will speed up the process of getting through passport control.
EXCELLENT advice !!! Thank you for this. I have the NHS on my phone but have requested paper copies foe proof of the double vaccines. I will make sure I have paper copies of all the info. Thank you
Old Jul 9th 2021, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Thanks Mary, appreciate your post. That would save a bit to only have the one test which would be the case if both Portugal and Spain turned green. Good PLF advice too !
Yes, I am looking into the VSRA clinic too, there is a web site and there is an English option
If either of us, or anyone else on the forum, gets all the info let's post it here to help each other out
No problem. Just to add - the government (English) are also talking about doing away with the amber list, so there will only be green and red, hopefully neither Spain or Portugal go on to red, Spain's cases are going up quite a bit.
We plan to go into the clinic next time we are in VRSA, so if I get any info. I shall let you know.
Mary.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 1:41 pm
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
With the ever changing rules re CV19 (remember Portugal on green list for just a few weeks). A couple of points.. as there have been some key changes in the past few days.

1. (UK rules) We saw in the UK, rules change for fully NHS vaccinated after July 19 . Even though we are both vax2'd, with UK approved vaccinations (Pfizer) , each have the EU digital covid certificates.... We cant currently travel to the UK with no quarantine after July 19, as Belgian residents. My UK passport wont help me, even though I meet exactly the same entrance criteria. The new rules are for those who have been NHS vaccinated only. (I hope that changes asap)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...tering-england

2. (EU rules) At about the same time the EU put both Spain and Portugal on the RED list.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/e...p-travel-ecdc/

Whilst things have changed post Brexit, the SCIENCE behind this should be common. Travel is a risk first, then we have to check the entry requirements for 3 countries... As well as the exit from them depending on which way you are going, including, for example, the delay post vax2 to be considered fully vaccinated. (With the exception if flying into Seville and staying in Spain..... Then looking at the then current situation at the bridge for visits to PT)

To Ken and Tina to show all this complexity excellently in practice (and cost).... Post 2

Note that there (may) be different criteria for (e.g) air travel and road travel

Whilst we have different systems UK/EU I think its handy to keep an eye on both as the source data must be similar.. its only how that data is translated that is a tad different

Sorry to be 'negative' but I believe there (just) might be a chance and we turn RED over here in ES and PT. Its now turned RED, since arriving, in our case (EU) .... staying AMBER for UK .... But things often change.

In our case we are here for a while so will wait a bit before planning our return to get the latest news, and entry/exit criteria. We are driving, so must cross the ES-FR border, then the FR-BE one, and would normally want to stay a night in France.

Jon
PS Grant Schapps just said he 'hopes' that residents of non UK countries, with good certification of having had 2 WHO-approved vaccines, will in "short order" be allowed in quarantine-free, when pressed he suggested a 2 week timeframe to decision. I'm looking forward to getting back to visit my country after SO long away!
Thanks Jon for your post and comments - always, always good info from you. Hope you and Catherine are enjoying yourselves there and can relax as you had a mad dash home last time as many did.
Yes, that's it things may change and we are unable to anticipate what will happen so just hope changes are for the better.
I have never been to Spain in Aug before - avoided the school holidays and the much dearer flights but flights are cheap and if we don't go next month it may be Oct before we could get away. Kinno is ok as retired now but I am still working to keep him in the style he has become accustomed to HA HA !! SOOO, I am restricted with leave and availability and with working I could not book flights if we had to self isolate on return.
Cannot wait to go !!
Old Jul 9th 2021, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

EXCELLENT advice !!! Thank you for this. I have the NHS on my phone but have requested paper copies foe proof of the double vaccines. I will make sure I have paper copies of all the info. Thank you

If anyone knows somewhere in Ayamonte that will print off the PCR negative test results from I phone etc as it is probably sent by email .Could be useful info
l
Would likely save some time at the airport fiddling with phone trying to find said email.

Also on the NHS hard copy it's only valid for a set number of days ,so check it didn't expire before you go

Last edited by Rosemary; Jul 9th 2021 at 3:22 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Jul 9th 2021, 6:23 pm
MEL & JOHN

If anyone knows somewhere in Ayamonte that will print off the PCR negative test results from I phone etc as it is probably sent by email .Could be useful info
l
Would likely save some time at the airport fiddling with phone trying to find said email.

Also on the NHS hard copy it's only valid for a set number of days ,so check it didn't expire before you go
Heck, so much to think about to check all is correct. Good points. There was a place in Ayamonte where you could print.I can visualise it but could not give directions
Is this the NHS letter confirming you've been double jabbed? Surely that doesn't expire .....they would just be creating extra work constantly sending out letters. Have I misunderstand?
Thanks Mel
Old Jul 9th 2021, 6:24 pm
MEL & JOHN

l

Heck, so much to think about to check all is correct. Good points. There was a place in Ayamonte where you could print.I can visualise it but could not give directions
Is this the NHS letter confirming you've been double jabbed? Surely that doesn't expire .....they would just be creating extra work constantly sending out letters. Have I misunderstood?
Thanks Mel
Old Jul 9th 2021, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is this the NHS letter confirming you've been double jabbed? Surely that doesn't expire .....they would just be creating extra work constantly sending out letters. Have I misunderstood?
Thanks Mel
The nhs app let's you download a hard copy of you r vaccine details for printing or can send you an email with the an attachment so you can print it later.
either way the hard copy has an expiration date I think 1 month from the request .
You can download the copy as many times in the future you need
I sent myself the email as my phone isn't connected to a printer , and opened the email from my laptop and printed from there.
The letter said the barcode printed on it is only valid till 31 July and I am going on August
So will wait till letter covers my departure date

Last edited by shirley and anthony hide; Jul 9th 2021 at 8:01 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 8:12 pm
MEL & JOHN

The nhs app let's you download a hard copy of you r vaccine details for printing or can send you an email with the an attachment so you can print it later.
either way the hard copy has an expiration date I think 1 month from the request .
You can download the copy as many times in the future you need
I sent myself the email as my phone isn't connected to a printer , and opened the email from my laptop and printed from there.
The letter said the barcode printed on it is only valid till 31 July and I am going on August
So will wait till letter covers my departure date
Very glad you posted this and it's exactly the info I and others need so we can get all our paperwork right to travel.
All the best Mel
Old Jul 9th 2021, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

l

The best Print shop in Ayamonte is Papilaria opposite the steps into the municipal offices just off Laguna Square. You can email what you want printed the call in and they will print off to your requirement while you wait about 3 or 4 mins.
email address is:-

[email protected]
Old Jul 10th 2021, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
The best Print shop in Ayamonte is Papilaria opposite the steps into the municipal offices just off Laguna Square. You can email what you want printed the call in and they will print off to your requirement while you wait about 3 or 4 mins.
email address is:-

[email protected]
Thanks for that John , much appreciated .
Old Jul 10th 2021, 6:35 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I have a laser printer. I bought the smallest/cheapest one, several years ago. Inkjet cartridges dry out, whereas lasers don't. They last years. ​​​​​Sometimes a gentle shake helps if it hasn't been used for months. With our sort of usage, its the only home-printing situation.

My computer blew up recently, but I bought an app for my smartphone (android) called Printershare for 7-8Eur. I plug a small OTG adapter in the phone's USB port, the other end is a female USB that I plug the printers lead to. First time it installs the driver for the printer then off you go.

I printed our 'Covid passports' recently....

I would always recommend having a hard copy of any important document e.g boarding passes, vax-certificates etc, even if they are on the phone. The docs are just too important to have e.g a flat battery or fault kibosh your plans.

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.