Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Courier services

Courier services

Old Dec 10th 2016, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Courier services

Several times people have gotten a courier service to pick up a parcel from me. The courier has paid me for the item and then taken it to the person paying for the service etc.
Does anyone know who provides this service in Mainland Spain?
Old Dec 10th 2016, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Courier services

The only experience I have had with couriers is after ordering with Amazon. They use "Seur" who are nothing but cowboys. They pretend they have called when they have not, and never leave any notification . They have a premium rate phone service, which costs a fortune after hanging on and the recorded messages. Stay clear of them.
Pete
Old Dec 11th 2016, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, during the last month I have received 2 items bought in the UK on Ebay. Both used the Ebay international postal service cost around 10 Euros but very fast. Both times the final delivery was by SEUR. I received a mail from Ebay saying the goods were due to arrive the following day. I also received a mail from SEUR which at first glance appeared to say that they had tried to deliver the item, but on reading further this was a just in case message and that the item would be delivered on the quoted day.
Needless to say for me at about 17.00 each time, the bell rang and there was the SEUR guy with my goods.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok I contacted the guy that bought something from me last August and he sent me the details of the transport Co.

ENVIALIA.

Excellent service, the guy buying my radio contacted them. I packed the radio and the following afternoon they came to pick it up in a village outside of El Vendrell(TA). They paid me in full and left me a receipt which I didn't hang on to! The following afternoon the guy mailed me to say he had received the radio in Seville.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
The only experience I have had with couriers is after ordering with Amazon. They use "Seur" who are nothing but cowboys. They pretend they have called when they have not, and never leave any notification . They have a premium rate phone service, which costs a fortune after hanging on and the recorded messages. Stay clear of them.
Pete
Odd, the different experiences. Always found them efficient, on-time and communicate via emails and phone the time of delivery. Can only speak as I find. Excellent IMO.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 3:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree, here SEUR are very good indeed - never had a single problem.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Another thumbs up for SEUR from me. Very good tracking service in particular.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 12:01 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have had loads of parcels delivered by Seur and only had an issue once and that was because they outsourced the delivery.

I like the fact that they send you an e-mail informing you that it will be delivered the following day and that this gives you the opportunity to change the delivery day. Also they send an update with a time of delivery and often the one who delivers to me will ring to say that he is ahead of time and can he come earlier.

Rosemary