Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTCO COMES TO SPAIN

COSTCO COMES TO SPAIN

Old May 15th 2014, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile COSTCO COMES TO SPAIN

COSTCO COMES TO SPAIN

I have been asking on and off at the Watford UK HQ if Costco had or were intending to have a store in Spain. The answer was always no and no.

Yesterday the new ground breaking (for Spain) membership warehouse opened in Sevilla.

If my map reading skills are correct it is great for Costa Esuri just north of the A49 about 5 km north East of Makro and Ikea.

The address I have is Higueron Sur industrial park Sevilla. If it follows the model then if you are a UK MEMBER you should be a member worldwide. Not sure if that will include Spain they always seem to have an extra step to take. No immediate plans to go but in the next couple of months we will make a visit to Makro and Ikea so will add that to the list.

Old May 16th 2014, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: COSTCO COMES TO SPAIN

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
COSTCO COMES TO SPAIN

I have been asking on and off at the Watford UK HQ if Costco had or were intending to have a store in Spain. The answer was always no and no.

Yesterday the new ground breaking (for Spain) membership warehouse opened in Sevilla.

If my map reading skills are correct it is great for Costa Esuri just north of the A49 about 5 km north East of Makro and Ikea.

The address I have is Higueron Sur industrial park Sevilla. If it follows the model then if you are a UK MEMBER you should be a member worldwide. Not sure if that will include Spain they always seem to have an extra step to take. No immediate plans to go but in the next couple of months we will make a visit to Makro and Ikea so will add that to the list.

Wow that's great news John, we are Executive Members and have been for years. We have always been able to use our cards in the USA & Canada so hope it will be the same here. See you there
Old May 16th 2014, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

It's on the SE30 ring road on the way to the airport/A4 Córdoba. Very close to those enormous blocks of Soviet-style flats.
Old May 16th 2014, 8:33 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Wow that's great news John, we are Executive Members and have been for years. We have always been able to use our cards in the USA & Canada so hope it will be the same here. See you there
Yes it will work anywhere in the world. I first joined costco in the US many moons ago, and never had problems in the UK...

Also I had a friend who worked in their head office and its a Costco policy that 'one card fits all'. I forget the pricing, but will it be cheaper to renew in Spain vs England?

They will open 2 in 2014

Thanks
Jon

http://seattletimes.com/html/busines...evillexml.html

The Seville Costco information:

Calle Ganimedes n 9
Sevilla, Sevilla 41015

Monday – Friday: 10:00 am – 9:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 9:30 pm
Sunday: Closed

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 16th 2014 at 8:51 am.
Old May 16th 2014, 9:06 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/05/14/...26_880193.html

Costco Seville will carry all types of products. “You can buy a hot dog for one euro or a diamond ring for €70,000,” explains Roberto Cabreras.
A hot dog for one euro? You can get similar in Ikea or 100 Montaditos. But if it saves the weekly shop 10 or more euros, maybe worthwhile paying the membership fee?
Old May 16th 2014, 9:15 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Interesting

A hot dog for one euro? You can get similar in Ikea or 100 Montaditos. But if it saves the weekly shop 10 or more euros, maybe worthwhile paying the membership fee?
It all comes with the booming economy
Old May 16th 2014, 9:38 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Interesting

I'm a member but living out of the UK, I rarely go to Costco, my friend has the other half of it and she pays the charge as she goes more often I get a free ride.

I used to be a mega Costco shopper in the US and was really pleased that they came to the UK. However there is a sting in the tail, for me that is and many of my friends....

.... I always end up spending much more there than planned! That with the membership makes it costly! Though I end up with lot of 'stuff'

I wont be going much to Seville to shop at Costco - mainly only if were driving pas or perhaps going to the airport etc.

Jon
Old May 16th 2014, 9:46 am

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I'm a member but living out of the UK, I rarely go to Costco, my friend has the other half of it and she pays the charge as she goes more often I get a free ride.

I used to be a mega Costco shopper in the US and was really pleased that they came to the UK. However there is a sting in the tail, for me that is and many of my friends....

.... I always end up spending much more there than planned! That with the membership makes it costly! Though I end up with lot of 'stuff'

I wont be going much to Seville to shop at Costco - mainly only if were driving pas or perhaps going to the airport etc.

Jon
While I have not been to Costco in many years I do recall that with selective shopping many$$ were saved.

My ex smoked at least two cartons per week, Costco prices were 4 or 5 $ cheaper per carton. It didn't take long to cover the $35 annual fee.
Old May 16th 2014, 10:07 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
While I have not been to Costco in many years I do recall that with selective shopping many$$ were saved.

My ex smoked at least two cartons per week, Costco prices were 4 or 5 $ cheaper per carton. It didn't take long to cover the $35 annual fee.
I agree fantastic deals there..... but I am not good at 'selective shopping'.. I came back once with a set of 'gorrila bars'... basically a set of Jemmy's. Not being a burgular - my ex-wife asked why I had bought them. 'They were a great price' was the answer. Ive never used them! She's the one that keeps the membership going - its in my name with her as a co-member... and she just pays at the till for the membership (same price for 2) I haven't been to Costco in at least 2-3 years.... but will stop by when passing in the UK, when I visit.

Costco is a fantastic shop, but I am not disciplined enough. For us in CE its a fair old trek to go there as well, so I will only pop in when passing.... hey maybe they've got gorilla bars mark 2 when I am there

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 16th 2014 at 10:09 am.
Old May 16th 2014, 10:11 am

I agree fantastic deals there..... but I am not good at 'selective shopping'.. I came back once with a set of 'gorrila bars'... basically a set of Jemmy's. Not being a burgular - my ex-wife asked why I had bought them. 'They were a great price' was the answer. Ive never used them! She's the one that keeps the membership going - its in my name with her as a co-member... and she just pays at the till for the membership (same price for 2) I haven't been to Costco in at least 2-3 years.... but will stop by when passing in the UK, when I visit.

Costco is a fantastic shop, but I am not disciplined enough. For us in CE its a fair old trek to go there as well, so I will only pop in when passing.... hey maybe they've got gorilla bars mark 2 when I am there

Jon
Oh yeah, the five gallon jar of mayonnaise.
Old May 16th 2014, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

B.....r, went to Costco yesterday to get all the things we need to bring with us, you know: Marmite; English Marmalade; pork pies; Cornish pasties; baked beans; English mustard; tea bags etc etc

Old May 16th 2014, 10:38 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Oh yeah, the five gallon jar of mayonnaise.
Fantastic tubs of Kirkland cashews! Hmmmmm. Mega packs of Flake. Huge bottles of shampoo..... it goes on.

But since then Ive discovered cashews in Aldi/Lidl, in individual cans so always fresh when you open them. No big price difference. And ebay is pretty good too. I buy all my batteries on ebay.

In the US you can do funeral plans, horse riding courses and buy 4x4 cars along with a host of other stuff. Also, as you know, they have rotating stock, for 'special stuff' if you dont buy it today - no g'tee its there tomorrow. Another temptation to lose discipline.

Jon

BTW I bought hearing aid batteries, top quality for a relative on ebay. I got 60 for the price of 9 that he was paying. Same story for other batteries. Check it out if you know of someone with a hearing aid.

My first ports of call for shopping are ebay and amazon.... but sadly Amazon have stopped free delivery to Belgium .. Costco fades more into the background for me personally, due to location and competition.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 16th 2014 at 10:54 am.
Old May 16th 2014, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Jon
When we are in the UK 5/6 times a year we always go to Costco. Mike gets Golf Gloves (£13 for 3) we always buy the 600grm tubs of Marmite and who can resist the Bagels and blueberry Muffins.

Found this article in the Seattle Times, especially interesting re the fact that they had 148.000 applications for the 250 jobs http://seattletimes.com/html/busines...evillexml.html
Old May 16th 2014, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Address and Map https://www.costco.es/localizanos regards, Bryony
Old May 16th 2014, 9:05 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to think that buying in bulk is sometimes a false economy especially for a small family and a temptation to overindulge or be wasteful.

Apart from that I have nowhere left to store all the damned stuff when my lad lands back from Costco with a whole van-load.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.