Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Old May 27th 2006, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Welcome to the thread Gary & Julie, and sorry to hear of your disappointment. I know exactly how you feel.

Re the doors - yes we are complaining, and I am sure that Fadesa will do something. As you say if the doors in the bedroom are left as is, it will turn a twin room into a single room. Unacceptable. They need to be changed so they open outwards. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Re the lifts. My guess is you bought from the same agent as we did. He told us, and provided specs that said we would have a lift, and I will carry on complaining about that also, but not sure if the problem is with Fadesa or with the agent. Either way, in spanish consumer law, we have a case. PM me if you want more info.

When we visited and complained to Silvia about the lack of a lift, she pointed out the empty lift shaft. We heard later that the community can put a lift in if they choose. Doesn't make sense to me as why would the ground floor apartment owners choose to pay for lifts that will be of no benefit to them?

I am also concerned about the presence of the empty shaft as I have a toddler, and an empty lift shaft with a huge drop to floor level from our 3rd floor apartment is not ideal.

Sorry about the rushed post. In a mad rush today.

Take care all,

Karen

Last edited by billybassett; May 27th 2006 at 8:05 am. Reason: posted before complete...........
Old May 27th 2006, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola y buenos dias a todos,
Hi Karen,
There does seem to be a difference in the plans to each manzana.
Yes, a lift shaft to be fitted by the community might take ages to be installed... if ever.

The doors are a problem, but how can they be changed by Fadesa if people have completed and accepted their design? Would the community allow for a mixture of door designs? I know it's "early days", "teething period" for each community, but (as mentioned in an earlier post) if it was not specified in the contract (as sliding doors) then Fadesa does not need to comply. Same goes for the change in colour of paint used outside the buildings...

Perhaps a retention of the fee could be kept from Fadesa, in the hope that they will change the design? If many people ask their lawyer to do this perhaps it will create some leverage? However, at the end of the day, each owner needs to do what is best for their purchase.
Hasta luego,
Have a good weekend!
Carol
Old May 27th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by widgey77
Confirmation from London Office of the changes to be made:
...Garden Taps: The Technical department will work out the cost for installation, working from each individual property and doing a test. Depending on the result, they will study its feasibility
Hi again,
Not sure what this is about? Does this relate only to ground floor apartment on the pueblo andaluz? Or, is it to include an outside tap for each terrace?
Thanks,
Carol
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi again,
Not sure what this is about? Does this relate only to ground floor apartment on the pueblo andaluz? Or, is it to include an outside tap for each terrace?
Thanks,
Carol
Hi

Is aanybody out there? No posts for some time does this mean the problems are now resolved. Does anyone have a current status on the actions proposed by Fadesa?

JohnandCarol
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JohnandCarol
Hi

Is aanybody out there? No posts for some time does this mean the problems are now resolved. Does anyone have a current status on the actions proposed by Fadesa?

JohnandCarol
Hi,

we are still battling on this one! Karen has been dealing with it, but is in hospital at the moment. We were due to get out to Ayamonte on the 12th July on holiday for 3 weeks but had to cancel a couple of days before we were due to fly out. Hopefully, we'll get out there soonish.

The problem currently is that we had a call from our solicitor in May to say that Fadesa had agreed to reinstate the terrace, remove the offending air-conditioning units, and make good the area which we purchased in good faith. We were told that we would get confirmation of this in writing within a few days.

We have not heard a thing since, despite numerous calls, e-mails and letters to Fadesa (London & Ayamonte). We have simply asked them to confirm in writing the scope of their work, which they are currently refusing to do. We have been told that absolutely no work has been done so far and we are at the end of our tether with it, especially with Karen being so unwell.

Good old Fadesa.

Anybody else heard anything?

Simon
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:22 pm
Mark and Christine

Catcatita is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by billybassett
Hi,

Good old Fadesa. .....

Anybody else heard anything?

Simon

Hi

No new news from us. We are still awaiting a response to a letter of "complaint" sent via email, post to both London & Spain. Had a bit of a row with Fadesa when we were over in June. They couldn't understand why we weren't prepared to complete on our duplex! ....filthy lobbies, no street lights, padlocked pool area, unfinished communal area, nothing done on snagging, no confirmation re water supply, no official communication rethe aircon problem...shall I continue? Different sales agents give different responses one says fadesa will hand over communal areas in a finished standard for the community to then maintain, whilst another says fadesa are doing no more & its for the community to sort out the pool & communal areas and get them finished!! AAArghhhhhhh.......

Christine
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi All,

Just back after spending nearly 2 weeks in the Islantilla area - lovely beach at La Antilla.

In some ways it would have been easier to be onsite at CE; however, we were told one inspection/snagging visit is allowed by Fadesa (reasons being Health & Safety, security, volume of people requesting appointments to view, etc.) It might be a good idea for anyone not sure of the snagging system to get an "expert" in to do it. I felt that what I would call an unacceptable finish on a piece of work/joinery was brushed aside as purely cosmetic (Yeah, like I'm the one to fix it when good money has been paid for it to be done at a decent standard? Please, no. ) or the result of man's (lack of) foresight. For instance, lounge shutters afix to the floor by way of a bolt through the floor tiles. The hole for the bolt has been drilled in a crude fashion, but not finished with a flush receiving plate (don't know the technical term for these bits & pieces). Why not? Because then the doors won't shut? Don't believe it. This is a minor example, not life threatening, and goodness knows can be lived with, but why should one have to if there is a solution?

Another example is the design of the kitchen door (I'm guessing that the RMA kitchen layout & doors are the same.) The door opens into the kitchen from the hall smack up against the fridge door. Of course, the original plan had the fridge against the far wall. Likewise, the utility room door opens into the kitchen, against the wall with the window. So, no space for a (small) table. Ugh! Well, again, not life threatening... Solution? Sliding, concertina, or saloon door? Why am I having to think this through? Why do I need to ask Fadesa to fix it? Will they fix it? Remains to be seen. It's on the list of things to snag.

You might think that I'm displeased, but actually I'm really taken by CE! I hope any issues with the water/electricity/gas connections, the communal areas, and the legal paperwork are all in order by the time of completion.

Re: duplex terrace A/C slave units and Communications Box.
I've seen on manzana4 that they are taking out the slave unit electrical connections of the two apartments below, and placing these electrical connections outside each floor's communal staircase (except the duplexes). New holes have been cut into the ceilings on each landing to accommodate the wiring. The communications box, I've been told, will be removed and resited on the ground floor landing (I had seen a box marked "comunicaciones" on the ground floor elsewhere in the complex). I was told by Fadesa rep that the duplex terrace will be reinstated as per plan. But, now I am wondering where will be the access for maintenance of the slave unit for the duplex? There is the hatch, which still means someone gaining access to the bedroom terrace. "Oh, pants!" to quote a friend.

Oh yes, before I forget, the issue about the second bedroom terrace door opening into the end of the bed space. On our duplex, the door swings into the room up against the left wall, leaving plenty of space at the foot end of the bed (there is a fixed glass panel). John measured the wall/window space (measurements not to hand at this moment in time).

Enough already, I hope you all have a good weekend !
Regards,
Carol
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Hola! Buenos dias!
I thought I'd resurrect this thread about the duplexes once more, and copy & paste this post:

Hola to all you marineros esurianos,
I had my binoculars fixed to the Guadiana last week as the rain continued to pour from the heavens. One of the friendly Fadesa chaps we met said it was unheard of for him to NOT be able to ride his scooter for 5 days in a row! And counting... So, for those of you who remained at home, you missed a thorough drenching.
In between showers, I wandered the streets of Marina Esuri, being nosey, as is my want...
I discovered (others may know this already) that the telecommunications box - which had originally been sited on the top terraces of the end duplexes within each bloque - had been lowered to the top of the stairwell. It is recessed into the dead space of the stairwell, and will be enclosed with the same render as the walls. The red electrical tubing is hidden, too. I saw this at manzana 1 (one of the last to complete, strangely enough). Of course, I am one of the duplex owners who has this lovely box on view from my utility window. However, it's a toss up: view of stairwell or plastic box? I'm not tearing my hairout over this one. Perhaps one day the comunidad will allow me to paint this box with a Picasso like display, or use that sticky stuff people use to camouflage their wheelie bins!!!LOL
The top terrace at our place (manzana 4) is still awaiting the fitting of the terrace floor tiles (lozos?). With the weather being as it has been, a tarpaulin had to be put in place when a leak sprung from our kitchen ceiling. Fadesa came out within 5 minutes - well done! Ah, the joys of a new place!
I had a look around the gardens and must say I do think the place has a lovely feel to it. Imagine it when the sun is shining! Our pool looked beautifully clean and inviting, but, with the wind and rain, no chance. Even "macho" umbrella took some beating!
Mossies were out and about. SSS worked for me, but not for John. Heyho...
I noticed that in the car park between man. 6 & 7 there was a supply of what I believe will be aircon box covers. I saw in man. 1 &2 some covers (like louvres). I don't know if this will be same for all over the marina esuri.
That's enough for now, sorry to go on for so long...
Carol
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Hola! Buenos dias!
I thought I'd resurrect this thread about the duplexes once more, and copy & paste this post:

Carol
Hi Carol.
I have been off line forever due to computer problems. We got back from our 3rd trip to Esuri since completion last weekend. There is movement, but very slow. The communications box (which is also outside of our utility) is now boxed in. The patio has been in progress for months. Last week the new low wall had been rendered, but not painted the floor tiles were down, but not grouted. There was a bag of cement in our bedroom & we discovered a leak from our roof in 2 places. One in the corner of the bedroom the other above the wash hand basins. Reported to the shed, so will have to see on our next visit in Jan. Overall we are happy with the apartment.
Regards Kim
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Kim,
Glad to hear from you.
John will be out at CE in a few days time and, hopefully, he'll not encounter anymore leaks in the roof.
Regards,
Carol
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Hola marineros esurianos!
A Happy New Year, with (fingers crossed) less headaches...
How is everyone?

John's trip in December showed progress on the terrace front:
new floor tiles in situ, but not the grouting.
Dividing wall rebuilt, but still to be painted.
Kitchen ceiling has a hole in it, but no rainwater dripping through it.
Aircon slave units on the exterior are encased in a louvred fitment. Communications box plastered into stairwell, but surrounding wall/ceiling area still to be painted.
Gardens coming along nicely.

Big communal pool area for the private villas on the perimeter (near manzana 5) in progress. Will there be built here a type of clubhouse, or is this another private villa?

Regards,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Jan 4th 2007 at 9:21 am.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Hola marineros esurianos!
A Happy New Year, with (fingers crossed) less headaches...
How is everyone?

John's trip in December showed progress on the terrace front:
new floor tiles in situ, but not the grouting.
Dividing wall rebuilt, but still to be painted.
Kitchen ceiling has a hole in it, but no rainwater dripping through it.
Aircon slave units on the exterior are encased in a louvred fitment. Communications box plastered into stairwell, but surrounding wall/ceiling area still to be painted.
Gardens coming along nicely.

Big communal pool area for the private villas on the perimeter (near manzana 5) in progress. Will there be built here a type of clubhouse, or is this another private villa?

Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol. As I posted we saw exactly the same when we were over beg. Dec. We are going again end of Jan so it will be interesting to see if things have moved on. Onour last visit we reported a small amount of water ingress to our bedroom causing mould on the wall & bubbling to the ceiling paint. There were no holes. I'm not sure I understand how you can have a hole in your kitchen ceiling, how has this occurred?
Kim
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Hi Carol. As I posted we saw exactly the same when we were over beg. Dec. We are going again end of Jan so it will be interesting to see if things have moved on. Onour last visit we reported a small amount of water ingress to our bedroom causing mould on the wall & bubbling to the ceiling paint. There were no holes. I'm not sure I understand how you can have a hole in your kitchen ceiling, how has this occurred?
Kim
Hi Kim,
It seems John was out the week after you returned; "ships crossing paths"...!
When we were out last October, during the heavy rains, I noticed a dark patch on the kitchen ceiling. John went to wipe it with a cloth, and his finger went through the wet patch! Out poured some of the water that had ingressed via the top terrace (where most of the tiles had been uplifted). Unlucky!
Regards,
Carol
Old Jan 6th 2007, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi Kim,
It seems John was out the week after you returned; "ships crossing paths"...!
When we were out last October, during the heavy rains, I noticed a dark patch on the kitchen ceiling. John went to wipe it with a cloth, and his finger went through the wet patch! Out poured some of the water that had ingressed via the top terrace (where most of the tiles had been uplifted). Unlucky!
Regards,
Carol
Carol
If this was last October, have Fadesa dealt with it for you?. We reported ours to Sylvia who tried to get hold of the repair man immediately, saying they don't like to leave leaks for long as the damage can become quite extensive. I do feel a little apprehensive about what to expect when we go again.
Kim
Old Jan 6th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Carol
If this was last October, have Fadesa dealt with it for you?. We reported ours to Sylvia who tried to get hold of the repair man immediately, saying they don't like to leave leaks for long as the damage can become quite extensive. I do feel a little apprehensive about what to expect when we go again.
Kim
Hi again,
If you scroll up a few posts, I've written an account of what happened in Oct. Fadesa dealt with this leak quickly to their credit.
Last month, John noted that several small snagging problems had been corrected by Fadesa. I guess the hole in the kitchen ceiling will be repaired once the grouting has been replaced to the terrace tiles, AND, ALL IS MADE WIND & WATER TIGHT! (fingers crossed)

Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Jan 6th 2007 at 9:45 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.