Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Old May 18th 2006, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Costa Esuri Duplex problem

HOT OFF THE PRESS...............................

Result................

It looks as though............

We're all getting our terraces back. All the air-con units must be placed on each owners own terrace. The hatches will be concreted over. All electrical boxes are to be removed. The terracing will be completely reinstated as per the original designs.

Not had this in writing yet, but from our solicitor who has spoken to someone at Fadesa this morning. Letters of confirmation will be sent to all affected asap.

Yippppppeeeeeeeee!

Some good news at last. What a relief.

Karen
Old May 18th 2006, 12:23 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Karen

GREAT NEWS.....so relieved for all you Duplexers out there. Well done, you can relax a little now and look forward to being out there enjoying your terrace.

all the best

Mel
Old May 18th 2006, 2:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billybassett

Result................

We're all getting our terraces back. All the air-con units must be placed on each owners own terrace. The hatches will be concreted over. All electrical boxes are to be removed. The terracing will be completely reinstated as per the original designs.

Not had this in writing yet, but from our solicitor who has spoken to someone at Fadesa this morning. Letters of confirmation will be sent to all affected asap.

Yippppppeeeeeeeee!

Karen
Nice one
Old May 18th 2006, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Result................

Yippppppeeeeeeeee!

Karen
Thats what I call a result. That would be soooooo wonderful. We look forward to hearing from our solicitor soon. Great news.
Kim
Old May 18th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray!
It's "Love is in the Air" time again with our duplexes!
Old May 19th 2006, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

widgey77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Confirmation from London Office of the changes to be made:

Following the meeting between Fadesa’s Executive and Technical teams in Costa Esuri, please find below conclusions in order to try and sort out the problems related to the Air Conditioning units placed in the duplex terraces.

1. Air Conditioning: It has been agreed that the Air Conditioning units on the exterior of the properties can now be transferred from the terraces to the main building under the stairs, where they have access for future maintenance and repairs.

This will apply to the properties situated on the ground and first floor. For the duplex apartments on the 2nd floor the units will be placed on their terraces. A trial will be carried out of how the Air Conditioning units will look in one of the unsold properties.

Telecommunications and satellite equipment that are currently on the terraces will all be removed and transferred to an area on the staircase where they will be hidden and will also have better access for repairs.

2. Garden Taps: The Technical department will work out the cost for installation, working from each individual property and doing a test. Depending on the result, they will study its feasibility
Old May 20th 2006, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Result................

Karen
Well done Karen - power of the people to change things if you are persistent and do not. allow yourself to be bullied. Best wishes Carol and Pete
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:49 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Well done Karen - power of the people to change things if you are persistent and do not. allow yourself to be bullied. Best wishes Carol and Pete
Karen if this is true, then we all owe you a good meal.... get ready to at a lot!!

Thanks for all you have done to make this happen

Jon
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:50 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Karen if this is true, then we all owe you a good meal.... get ready to at a lot!!

Thanks for all you have done to make this happen

Jon
oops typo.. get ready to have a lot of free lunches.. yes they do exist!!
Jon
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
oops typo.. get ready to have a lot of free lunches.. yes they do exist!!
Jon
Hi Jon,

we should all definitely get together for a meal with lots of celebratory cava. The good result is down to us all though. We all stood up for ourselves, which they may not have expected as us english have a certain reputation out there for not standing up for oursleves.

Well done to us all, and can't wait till we're all out there in one of the lovely spanish tapas bars that will be housed in the fantastic commercial centre, just a 2 minute stroll to each of our apartments, - the ones with the lovely peaceful terraces.

Karen
Old May 26th 2006, 12:50 pm
East Yorkshire

Gary & Julie Selkirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi this is the first time we have subscribed to this thread it is excellent news for us all regarding the aircon units we too have written to Fadesa and have put pressure on via our solicitor to get this problem resolved. It just shows what can happen if we all sing from the same hymn sheet. I would like to suggest we continue to pressurise them regarding the lifts which we have now been informed we are not getting yet I understand they are in the Rago apartments and more importantly I have told my solicitor we will not complete with the new style doors that open inward reducing a double bedroom to a single room and that we require doors as per the show apartments. They do have the right to change certain specifications should they have a problem with supply but the changes have to be of the same or better quality and of a similar type. I believe these changes are purely cost based so perhaps if we could all write and get our solicitors to do so on the above two subjects we may end up with what we all thought we had originally purchased.

Best Wishes

Gary & Julie

PS We are in RMA1 - M2 our date for July completion has been put back to September by Fadesa London yet the shed inform me July is still on has anyone else in our block had any similar info?

Hi Jon,

we should all definitely get together for a meal with lots of celebratory cava. The good result is down to us all though. We all stood up for ourselves, which they may not have expected as us english have a certain reputation out there for not standing up for oursleves.

Well done to us all, and can't wait till we're all out there in one of the lovely spanish tapas bars that will be housed in the fantastic commercial centre, just a 2 minute stroll to each of our apartments, - the ones with the lovely peaceful terraces.

Karen
Old May 26th 2006, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gary & Julie Selkirk
Hi this is the first time we have subscribed to this thread it is excellent news for us all regarding the aircon units we too have written to Fadesa and have put pressure on via our solicitor to get this problem resolved. It just shows what can happen if we all sing from the same hymn sheet. I would like to suggest we continue to pressurise them regarding the lifts which we have now been informed we are not getting yet I understand they are in the Rago apartments and more importantly I have told my solicitor we will not complete with the new style doors that open inward reducing a double bedroom to a single room and that we require doors as per the show apartments. They do have the right to change certain specifications should they have a problem with supply but the changes have to be of the same or better quality and of a similar type. I believe these changes are purely cost based so perhaps if we could all write and get our solicitors to do so on the above two subjects we may end up with what we all thought we had originally purchased.

Best Wishes

Gary & Julie

PS We are in RMA1 - M2 our date for July completion has been put back to September by Fadesa London yet the shed inform me July is still on has anyone else in our block had any similar info?
Hi Gary & Julie,

Good to hear from another purchaser of RMA-1 M2. The last guess I had from the shed was July for the snagging but I have had nothing official. I would not be surprised at September or too concerned due to the issues of Habitation certificates and the formal supply of water, gas and electricity. By September I would hope all these issues will be resolved.

We were also dissapointed with the lack of sliding doors but I undersatnd they were not detailed as such in the original specifications and therefore difficult to enforce any change.

Regards

JohnandCarol
Old May 26th 2006, 2:27 pm
East Yorkshire

Gary & Julie Selkirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnandCarol
Hi Gary & Julie,

Good to hear from another purchaser of RMA-1 M2. The last guess I had from the shed was July for the snagging but I have had nothing official. I would not be surprised at September or too concerned due to the issues of Habitation certificates and the formal supply of water, gas and electricity. By September I would hope all these issues will be resolved.

We were also dissapointed with the lack of sliding doors but I undersatnd they were not detailed as such in the original specifications and therefore difficult to enforce any change.

Regards

JohnandCarol
I am led to believe from our solicitor that the just cannot change anything without giving notice and a note on the showhouse in spanish in not acceptable,that`s why I think all should write re this and the lifts after all it can do no harm but look what it did for us all with regard to the air con units.

Regards
Gary & Julie.
Old May 26th 2006, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gary & Julie Selkirk
I am led to believe from our solicitor that the just cannot change anything without giving notice and a note on the showhouse in spanish in not acceptable,that`s why I think all should write re this and the lifts after all it can do no harm but look what it did for us all with regard to the air con units.

Regards
Gary & Julie.
Hi I accept what you say regarding the doors. I am however confused regarding the lifts! As I understood there were no lifts planned for Pueblo Andaluz.

JohnandCarol
Old May 26th 2006, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,
I'm now sitting back and waiting for the next step of the journey to Costa Esuri. The road seems to have made a bumpy ride recently!

Re: lifts. I had thought at the beginning that there would be no lifts at the pueblo andaluz, only at the Rago apartments. Rago have central "portals" - I'm guessing these are the lift shafts. Where would the same be in the pueblo andaluz design? Perhaps there is a difference in design between some manzanas? We are at manzana 4, and from our plans, there appears to be no lift shaft. Is the plan different for manzana 2?

Re: sliding doors. I understand what you say about the reduction in space. It is a pain, but can it be overcome? Does it greatly reduce the size of the master bedroom floor space? I ask this only because I have not been able to see my property as yet. And, I do not think one person can change their door design after completion without the permission of their comunidad. For Fadesa to change all doors, well...

Regards,
Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.