Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Apartment @ €49,000??????

Costa Esuri Apartment @ €49,000??????

Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future
Default Re: Costa Esuri Apartment @ €49,000??????

[QUOTE=Fortaleza;7721495]Still nothing 100% confirmed, so it could still be a rumour. Yet it seems to be that I'm not the only one who's heard this so.

bad news (or rumour/gossip) tends to spread far faster than good news.

this thread only adds to the gossip and rumour mongering.

would be nice to have hard facts before posting on a very public forum. only adds fuel to the flames.

perhaps chat rooms need to be renamed 'gossip or rumour rooms?'
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:09 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

To put things into perspective, although I realise no one will feel any better for it, a one bedroomed flat in Moseley Birmingham that was valued at around £85 k last Summer just sold in March for £45k
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=matt begley;7722588]
Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Still nothing 100% confirmed, so it could still be a rumour. Yet it seems to be that I'm not the only one who's heard this so.

would be nice to have hard facts before posting on a very public forum. only adds fuel to the flames.

Spot on - but some sad people seem to get their kicks in spreading this type of stuff.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:23 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There are often these stories going around the coast but are usually rumours. The Banks aren't selling cheap (yet!) infact most of their reposessions are higher than individual sales.

Went with a friend to view one in Marbella. Was 1.2 million, now 500,000. Doubt if it was worth more than 600,000 during the boom. I still keep getting the story from other people.

Not saying yours is a rumour though
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt begley

Hi matt,
It's a given. People should be aware and make their own enquiries.
Same as pub gossip, news from the gym, talk of the steamy (another era!)...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:42 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Still nothing 100% confirmed, so it could still be a rumour. Yet it seems to be that I'm not the only one who's heard this so.

That is the sort of trite shullbit that I really should have expected from your lot. More fool me for not expecting it.

No, I don't know if this is true. Hence the WHOLE THEME of the thread. I am trying to find out if it is true.. Yes, I could bury my head in the sand and say nothing, but like it or not, if your neighbour has sold his supposedly valuable property for a paltry amount then this will have ramifications for all of you.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

That is the sort of trite shullbit that I really should have expected from your lot. More fool me for not expecting it.

No, I don't know if this is true. Hence the WHOLE THEME of the thread. I am trying to find out if it is true.. Yes, I could bury my head in the sand and say nothing, but like it or not, if your neighbour has sold his supposedly valuable property for a paltry amount then this will have ramifications for all of you.

yes the truth if useful. when you have facts perhaps you could state them?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:52 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

yes the truth if useful. when you have facts perhaps you could state them?
Try reading the thread
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

the expected shullbit response.............
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:56 am

the expected shullbit response.............
So your problem is ......what? exactly?

Would you not like to know if a property has been sold so under value? I have it from three sources (one of which came as a reslut of this thread), but frankly - given the absurdity of the value - I'm reluctant to take them too seriously. This thread is here for some sort of valid confirmation. If you don't like the thread's content, go back to your comfort zone of CE6
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:19 am
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future

More than likely this is a rumour, added to by this thread.

But even if it is true, what difference does it make to the vast majority of Esuri owners, very little. One unfortunate person having to sell at a ridiculously low price doesn't mean every property on Esuri is worth alot less.

Let's face it we don't know the circumstances of the sale, whether the bank sold it, the owner sold to salvage what little they could, whether this was the price on the contract and cash was exchanged, the list goes on...

But regardless of all of the above, my guestimate would be that less than 10% of owners of completed properties are currently looking to sell and these people are the only ones affected. Even they will only be affected if there is a glut of properties on the market at very low prices.

So basically one property sold at a low value doesn't matter a jot, except for the unfortunate seller.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

House across the road from me in London has just SOLD for less than 30% than what it was advertised for.

Everone on the street is up in arms. NO NO NO. House prices in that English Ghetto London can't be going down. They just can't.

The end is near. Honest.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Even if we assume it is true that an apartment was sold for 49K, it is apparantly so difficult to ascertain information about it that it could hardly have any ramifications for other apartment sales.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jamesf
House across the road from me in London has just SOLD for less than 30% than what it was advertised for.

Everone on the street is up in arms. NO NO NO. House prices in that English Ghetto London can't be going down. They just can't.

The end is near. Honest.
I was gazumped by around £60K on a house that I had offered a serious 6 figure sum on in Wales 1 month ago.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

There's a very big tongue in my cheek.......

Sorry to hear you're gazumped. That practise is horrible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.