Costa Dorada

Old Sep 24th 2015, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Costa Dorada

Hi,

Just wanted to know about areas on the Costa Dorada that are both residential but with a holiday feel. We are looking to buy a home in Spain and like the sound of the Costa Dorada, we have done a lot of "google" homework which I know is not the same, we are having a 7 day trip in early November to have a good look around the area and will be staying in Salou (not where we want to buy) any thoughts would be great.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Dorada

Have you been before ?

I have been to Salou, La Pineda and Cambrils.

Was some years ago now but remember the costa dorada being extremely clean and tidy.

Port Aventura is great, Dragon Khan is a seriously scary roller coaster was the biggest in Europe at one point.

There is a Pacha nightclub in La Pineda aswell.

That's about all I can tell you as iv only been on holiday in that area but what I am sure of is that the costa dorada shuts up shop to all tourism after a certain time of the year and goes like a ghost coast.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, we are heading to La Pineda and Cambrils, I think the theme park closes at the end of October but my DH (if open) will drag me there lol.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Thank you, we are heading to La Pineda and Cambrils, I think the theme park closes at the end of October but my DH (if open) will drag me there lol.
I spent a week in Cambrils in July 2012. Beach holidays aren't my thing but I enjoyed it. Very little in the way of english speaking tourists. Primarily rich Spanish people from Zaragoza and Catalonia who have summer homes there.

Salou has lots of brits and english speaking people.

We were staying with people my daughter knows who are from Zaragoza.

Lots of nice restaurants, beaches and the countryside inland is nice to explore.

Hope that helps.