Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Del Sol winter weather

Costa Del Sol winter weather

Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Del Sol winter weather

Originally Posted by wiffle?
It is one thing to be cold outside, but another to be cold in your own house!

Is it possible to find houses that are well insulated and with heating?

Many thanks for any info
there was a thread on this a while back - about it being colder inside than out !!!!! have a search

a lot of the new houses that are beign built near us have vented heating and maybe insulation but you wont get that with the old town houses
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:50 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I think you have to be in UK on a date in September after you are 60. ;-)

I'll be 60 after a date in September as my birthday is in September (but not for a while yet ) unfortunately I will be in Spain - do you think if I don't 'officially' leave (giving my daughters address ) then I could apply

P.s. What do I mean unfortunately I should have said happily

Last edited by Lionda; Apr 7th 2007 at 9:51 pm. Reason: added P.s.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I'll be 60 after a date in September as my birthday is in September (but not for a while yet ) unfortunately I will be in Spain - do you think if I don't 'officially' leave (giving my daughters address ) then I could apply

P.s. What do I mean unfortunately I should have said happily
Info HERE

Last edited by jdr; Apr 7th 2007 at 10:22 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:29 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Yup as a kid i remember the hot spanish summer holidays, the minute you stepped off the plane.. whack wow thats hot!
Then didnt go to spain for years, became an adult and went to Mijas Costa one april, my parents were out there on a timeshare exchange thingy so thought ah ill get a cheap flight why not and headed off out there for a few days. Stepped off plane, wow this is hot fantastic, got to the resort, layed on sunlounger, wow im boiling, im going for a swim. I jumped in the pool... and nearly died instantly. it was FREEEEEEEZING!! Little did i know this was the first day it had warmed up and the last few months had been rather cold and as such the pool was still rather unusable... I thought it was quiet. Then consecutive days werent massively warm, they were good but not hot hot hot.

I also remember going to Madrid in March and freezing to death with ice cold rain lashing down. Its like. "THIS IS NOT SPAIN!!!!"

Then in January i went to Torremolinos, and this happened:
http://www.malaga-weather.com/article.626.html

And i had to take a flight out right into it as well.

And for those that keep reminding me that the weather is better in the UK at the moment, well i dont really care. For a start im not in Spain yet so im enjoying the nice weathter in the UK and its not often the weather is better in the UK than it is in Spain. Im really going to be laughing when im sat in bright warm sunshine in November and the UK is dark damp and miserable.

I read on one sight that in August temperatures can reach 40C in Málaga and with a sea mist it can feel like a sauna.... BRING IT ON!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:33 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Yup as a kid i remember the hot spanish summer holidays, the minute you stepped off the plane.. whack wow thats hot!
Then didnt go to spain for years, became an adult and went to Mijas Costa one april, my parents were out there on a timeshare exchange thingy so thought ah ill get a cheap flight why not and headed off out there for a few days. Stepped off plane, wow this is hot fantastic, got to the resort, layed on sunlounger, wow im boiling, im going for a swim. I jumped in the pool... and nearly died instantly. it was FREEEEEEEZING!! Little did i know this was the first day it had warmed up and the last few months had been rather cold and as such the pool was still rather unusable... I thought it was quiet. Then consecutive days werent massively warm, they were good but not hot hot hot.

I also remember going to Madrid in March and freezing to death with ice cold rain lashing down. Its like. "THIS IS NOT SPAIN!!!!"

Then in January i went to Torremolinos, and this happened:
http://www.malaga-weather.com/article.626.html

And i had to take a flight out right into it as well.

And for those that keep reminding me that the weather is better in the UK at the moment, well i dont really care. For a start im not in Spain yet so im enjoying the nice weathter in the UK and its not often the weather is better in the UK than it is in Spain. Im really going to be laughing when im sat in bright warm sunshine in November and the UK is dark damp and miserable.

I read on one sight that in August temperatures can reach 40C in Málaga and with a sea mist it can feel like a sauna.... BRING IT ON!!!!!

Thatta boy
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=onlineamiga I read on one sight that in August temperatures can reach 40C in Málaga and with a sea mist it can feel like a sauna.... BRING IT ON!!!!! [/QUOTE]

During last July & August in Seville the temp dropped to a cool 42c some nights if we were lucky. We did however have a "cold" spell for about a week in August when the day temp only got up to about 30c, and everyone dug their cardigans out

The winters can be very cold, and on sunny winter days it is a good 10c lower indoors than outside.

I'm now back in the Uk for a couple of months and went to the local supermarket today dressed in my jeans and warm fleece, allthough everyone else seemed to be in shorts and T shirts. It must be summer
Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
I think you have to be in UK on a date in September after you are 60. ;-)
Yes, thats correct...
Old Apr 8th 2007, 6:25 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
Yes, thats correct...
The qualifying week this year is the 17 to 23 September 2007. lol
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
If you`re over 60 apply for the heating allowence in UK then you can transfer it here.
I thought that you got it in Spain ONLY if you had received it at least once while in the UK. We get it as my wife got it once in the UK.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I thought that you got it in Spain ONLY if you had received it at least once while in the UK. We get it as my wife got it once in the UK.
Yes you do, and wiffle? is there, that is why I suggested do it now. ;-)
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by big wheels
During last July & August in Seville the temp dropped to a cool 42c some nights if we were lucky. We did however have a "cold" spell for about a week in August when the day temp only got up to about 30c, and everyone dug their cardigans out
I'm sorry to contradict your post, but according to the official forecast for Seville, in July 2006 the maximum daytime temperature was 41° and in August 40°. The highest overnight temperatures were in July 28° and August 25°.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 10:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derek500
I'm sorry to contradict your post, but according to the official forecast for Seville, in July 2006 the maximum daytime temperature was 41° and in August 40°. The highest overnight temperatures were in July 28° and August 25°.
That's the 'official' statistics, but they are only in one spot, and others can have thir own microclimate and be considerably different to the 'official' statistics. If you are in the middle of an urbanuisation and out of a cooling breeze, the temps can be considerably higher, and often are. We are only 1km from the beach, but our temp can be several degrees higher than at the beach due to the lack of the sea breeze.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Del Sol winter weather

Hi derek500,

The "real" temperatures often seem at odds with the perceived temperatures since they are taken in such a defined way to be consistent with a large ventilated box north facing thermometer and set times for reading. If you are in the middle of Seville with a south facing outlook and you think my god it is hot today, have a quick look at the thermometer on your balcony and it reads 46 thats what the temperature feels like in the sun.

I like the way UK weather .com quote temperatures with an added quote of "feels like".

Regards,

John.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Apr 8th 2007 at 10:58 am.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Mikelincs and John & Kath I agree with both your posts.

However, for someone to post that for two whole months the lowest overnight temperature was 42°c (107.6°f) is just unbelievable.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Mikelincs and John & Kath I agree with both your posts.

However, for someone to post that for two whole months the lowest overnight temperature was 42°c (107.6°f) is just unbelievable.
We had overnight temps of mid 30`s here last year and mid 40`s during the day.
It was also breezy and felt like someone was drying you off with a hair dryer. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.