Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Del Sol Advice please...

Costa Del Sol Advice please...

Old Jan 2nd 2020, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

AdiosAmigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Costa Del Sol Advice please...

In a previous post I mentioned we will be spending our holidays over the next few years in different areas of Spain, in a hope that we come across an area we may one day like to settle.

In a few months we will be spending a few weeks in the La Cala de Mijas area of the Costa Del Sol and whilst I am there will have time to check out some different areas.

Does anyone have any ideas of nice places to visit when we are out there ?

If I'm honest I don't think the High Rise look of the Costa Del Sol appeals to me for more than a week or two but I'm hoping someone can recommend some nice areas that I don't know of. Somewhere that has a nice beach, selection of bars and restaurants but without the bustle of Fuengirola etc.

Surely all of the Costa Del Sol isn't a concrete jungle ??

Thank you all.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 6:10 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Del Sol Advice please...

You will find lots of interesting little spots. One of my favourites is Nerja.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Mojacar Playa (Costa Almeria) which is 2 hours drive east of Málaga. It is a resort populated equally by Spaniards/expats. Except for two hotel complexes at either end of the resort and three miles apart Mojacar Plays is low rise. Mojacar Pueblo is 1.5 miles inland and is a beautiful white town perched on top of a small mountain. Despite tourism it has not lost its charms.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Be happy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdiosAmigo
In a previous post I mentioned we will be spending our holidays over the next few years in different areas of Spain, in a hope that we come across an area we may one day like to settle.

In a few months we will be spending a few weeks in the La Cala de Mijas area of the Costa Del Sol and whilst I am there will have time to check out some different areas.

Does anyone have any ideas of nice places to visit when we are out there ?

If I'm honest I don't think the High Rise look of the Costa Del Sol appeals to me for more than a week or two but I'm hoping someone can recommend some nice areas that I don't know of. Somewhere that has a nice beach, selection of bars and restaurants but without the bustle of Fuengirola etc.

Surely all of the Costa Del Sol isn't a concrete jungle ??

Thank you all.
Hi it really depends what your looking for. I like La Cala and I wouldn’t consider it high rise - it has a nice mix of Spaniards V ex pats. There is a boardwalk along the front and you can walk along the front to calahonda and to marbella I think but the beach at La Cala is really nice.
things to do ;
marbella - the old square playa de los Naranjos -
is lovely and worth seeing whether to eat churros / tapas or a wander around the cobbled streets people watching or window shopping as there are many lovely boutique shops
Puerto Banus marina is lovely just to sip a cocktail and people watch - lots of yachts berthed just now and a Xmas market. Very pretty.
Ronda - stunning village in mountains. Can’t describe how beautiful. Google for pictures.
Benahavis - lovely mountain village - lots of restaurants , gin bars and lots of outdoor sport activities on the lake
Tarifa - most famous place in Spain for wind sports. Beautiful bohemian feel.
i love the area. Lots to see 😎
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

You can still live in Costa Del Sol area and avoid high rise just avoid being right on the Costa. Inland a KM or so and you avoid high rise. It depends if you are happy in a pueblo or Campo rather than the Costa itself. As always horses for courses.