Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cost of moving to Spain

Cost of moving to Spain

Old Aug 28th 2018, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Mcgreevy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cost of moving to Spain

I’m not sure yet but the news has said that if we leave the EU it could be difficult to access our pensions as they will only be paid into British bank accounts
Old Aug 28th 2018, 7:31 pm
Banned

Johncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mcgreevy1
I’m not sure yet but the news has said that if we leave the EU it could be difficult to access our pensions as they will only be paid into British bank accounts
I suppose you could be correct if you listen to all the BREXIT scaremongering. They have to print something in the newspapers to be able to sell them. Just look on the bright side, we may all get deported back to the UK, hand your house keys in at the nearest Spanish town hall, no problem with bank account and pension payments then.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 8:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people have thire pensions paid into UK banks anyway. They just transfer the money as needed.

I can't see any problems with that.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Even with the recent pension payment scaremongering if there is no ​​​​​​​deal that is in relation to annuity type pensions not state or ordinary works type pensions from what I have seen. As Fred says what is the difficulty in having any pension paid into your UK bank then transferring with whichever company you choose to your Spanish account?
Old Aug 28th 2018, 9:48 pm
Banned

Johncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond repute

Bob & Fred are both correct as usual but what confuses me is why two old timers that get spooked by all the BREXIT (the world is coming to an end) rubbish are considering leaving the UK.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 10:04 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mcgreevy1
Many of us have our pensions paid into UK account.
Get your pensions paid into Santander 123 account, receive interest on the balance and draw cash as euros with zero commission to change & a good exchange rate at any Santander ATM.

PS: This has already been asked and answered, here > Moving to Spain

Last edited by missile; Aug 28th 2018 at 10:07 pm.