Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cost of having trees chopped down?

Cost of having trees chopped down?

Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice
Default Cost of having trees chopped down?

I need to have some pine trees chopped down, anyone any idea of the cost of this, I dont need them removing after as I will chop them up for fire wood..
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:19 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of having trees chopped down?

Check that they aren't protected as a friend was fined for chopping down just 2!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Check that they aren't protected as a friend was fined for chopping down just 2!
Hiya Jaclytoo, yes ive checked, and its ok, where I live now you can be fined 1000 per tree, (how much did your friend get fined?) as its National park

but where im moving to, is just outside national Park, I have been told I can take trees down, but I am meeting the Forestry people next week to ask how many I can take down, 23 have got to go, as I need to put up Solar Panels on a tracker......

then ideally another 27 need moving as they are to close to the house/ leaning or just in the way...
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:27 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Hiya Jaclytoo, yes ive checked, and its ok, where I live now you can be fined 1000 per tree, (how much did your friend get fined?) as its National park

but where im moving to, is just outside national Park, I have been told I can take trees down, but I am meeting the Forestry people next week to ask how many I can take down, 23 have got to go, as I need to put up Solar Panels on a tracker......

then ideally another 27 need moving as they are to close to the house/ leaning or just in the way...
Watch out for the processional caterpillar nests. Disturbing them is very dangerous as they are active right now.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lionda
Watch out for the processional caterpillar nests. Disturbing them is very dangerous as they are active right now.
Hi, I wont be having them taking down for another month or so, so should be ok by then, though you dont see many of their nests round here, ive only ever seen 3 nests on my trees in 5 years now, and there are a lot of pine trees here,

though there are lot more at the new place, over 100! and in a small space,
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:36 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I wont be having them taking down for another month or so, so should be ok by then, though you dont see many of their nests round here, ive only ever seen 3 nests on my trees in 5 years now, and there are a lot of pine trees here,

though there are lot more at the new place, over 100! and in a small space,
Scary when you have pets....pictures are very good by the way
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:19 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I need to have some pine trees chopped down, anyone any idea of the cost of this, I dont need them removing after as I will chop them up for fire wood..
Hi nice to portraits, you are very talented. I loved the very shiney horse picture, what a beauty.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lionda
Scary when you have pets....pictures are very good by the way
Originally Posted by JLFS
Hi nice to portraits, you are very talented. I loved the very shiney horse picture, what a beauty.
Yes they are scary, I do worry about the dogs, cats and horses with them..

and thank you for the comments on my painting..
Old Mar 7th 2010, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

a few years back had some done and was charged 100€ per tree.....that was just to trim them down, that didnt include the skip .....dont forget the license from the town hall too

Old Mar 7th 2010, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spain
a few years back had some done and was charged 100€ per tree.....that was just to trim them down, that didnt include the skip .....dont forget the license from the town hall too
hi thanks..

what was the license for? taking them down or the skip?..
Old Mar 7th 2010, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

both as far as I remember

hi thanks..

what was the license for? taking them down or the skip?..
Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:49 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I had a couple of large pines loaded with nests very high up overhanging my property,and having 2 dogs and 2 cats at the time,they were something of a worry.
However they strangely seemed to go very sick and now stand there completely devoid of any foliage and more importantly clear of caterpillar nests.
I think the fact I drilled a small hole into the core of each before inserting a few drops of a certain liquid before plugging them up, leaving no visible signs,could possibly have had something to do with it.
Fortunately I have good Spanish neighbours, who probably having made an educated guess about their demise, often point at them and have a chuckle when passing.
I think the trees in question are just about ready for chopping for firewood by now.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I think the fact I drilled a small hole into the core of each before inserting a few drops of a certain liquid before plugging them up, leaving no visible signs,could possibly have had something to do with it.
I think the trees in question are just about ready for chopping for firewood by now.
I hear copper nails do the trick too..... and I have thought about doing the above also... ive got some of that 'liquid'

meeting the forestry chap on thursday... so it will be interesting to see what he says, I will keep you all posted...
Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:35 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I hear copper nails do the trick too..... and I have thought about doing the above also... ive got some of that 'liquid'

meeting the forestry chap on thursday... so it will be interesting to see what he says, I will keep you all posted...
Beware of the copper nails when chopping or sawing for firewood,especially with power tools or the old tree may just have its revenge.