Reload this Page >

Cost of Golf in Spain

Cost of Golf in Spain

Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

gazzauk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of Golf in Spain

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anybody out there, living in Spain, knows of any cheap golf courses on the Costa Blanca or the Costa Del Sol ? I have seen a number of web sites and it seems to me that, on the whole, it is much more expensive than here.

The last site I visited (medgolf.gi) indicated that almost all courses were in excess of 50 Euros per round. If that's the case how do people on the comparitively low levels of incomes in Spain afford to play ? Perhaps they can't and don't.

Could it be that the courses I have seen advertised are directed towards holiday makers from overseas. Can anybody confirm or otherwise ?

Thanks

Gazza
Old Feb 27th 2004, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Boris10001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cost of Golf in Spain

Hi Gazza,

I am living down in Malaga and I am afraid that EUR50+ is true and this is the cheap time of year. Most of the people that you hear having really cheap rounds either own a house on the course or knows someone that does. They then get reduced fees.

One of the cheapest is:
www.alhauringolf.com
which is west of Malaga near Coin and not the best quality. But is only EUR30 from May.

Next cheapest is over my side in Rincon De la Victoria:
www.anoretagolf.es which is about EUR50 but does not get packed due to being the non-tourist side. Also worth checking out courses around Nerja and Alumunecar.

Good Luck
Gerard
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I am afraid its the old saying " if you ask how much,,,you cant really afford it "
There are so many courses, but so many want to play, so they charge what they like cos they know someone will pay it...
Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:38 am
Very Old Member!

ScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud of
Default Costa del Golf

Hi Gazza,

You are quite correct, the cost of golf keeps rising and rising here. A typical 'off the street' cost for 18 holes is unlikely to be less than 55€.

However there are a lot of off season deals available i.e. round for two + buggie for around 100€.

For typical non-discount prices try this link: http://urb.albayalde.info/golfcharges.htm

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ScotinSpain; Mar 8th 2004 at 4:48 pm.