Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Correos letter pick up.

Correos letter pick up.

Old Jun 3rd 2021, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Correos letter pick up.

I used to have a box at my local Correos for mail to be delivered to because of my house being out in the sticks. It was the most practical solution to receiving letters.
I don't have a box any more but I'm wondering if I can still just get a letter delivered to a Correos and walk in and pick it up - like the old Post Restante system when travelling.
Would they accept a letter nowadays addressed to me at their place, hold it for a day or two and give it to me (with appropriate ID obviously) when I call in?
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Correos letter pick up.

ask at the post office or check their website. I have used a mailboxes etc in Valencia for just 1 letter arriving - no charge.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 4:33 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

It's called Apartado Postal, the price is "from €21.55" but it doesn't say how often.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks but that's what I used to have before, my own box in the post office. Now I don't. I'd just need the delivery of one letter to a Correos near me and to pick it up, not a long term contract again.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Mail can be received at the Spanish Post Offices and Poste Restante letters should be addressed Lista de Correos, followed by the post code, town and province. When collecting registered or certified mail you are required to show some form of identification such as a passport.

A google search found this but I guess your search would have brought up the same.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I didn't have the "Lista de Correos" name to use. Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

My situation was the reverse of yours.

We lived in a house outside of town with no delivery. All mail addressed to us, by parcela,
was held in the local Correos in a filing cabinet together with others. We went in once every couple of weeks to check whether there was anything for us.
There were occasions when we knew that things had been sent to us but it took weeks for them to find it, borne out by the date stamp of receipt. We then rented a box
Friends who live nearby still collect their mail from an orange crate behind the counter.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think I've seen the same orange crate at my local one as well.
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
Thanks but that's what I used to have before, my own box in the post office. Now I don't. I'd just need the delivery of one letter to a Correos near me and to pick it up, not a long term contract again.
If the sender pays for a "carta certificado" they will try to deliver it to you in person at your address, and if they can't they can't get hold of you to sign it off they will leave a note and hold it at the local post office for you to pick up. Would that work for you?
Old Jun 4th 2021, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Good plan, thanks. I'll see if that can be done.