Reload this Page >

Construction of borehole / well

Construction of borehole / well

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Albox1933 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Construction of borehole / well

Hello

We have been granted outline permission for a borehole / well on our land near Partoloa. Does anyone know of a company in Spain who provides drilling and installation of a borehole and can provide us with a quote for the work?

I am also looking for a cheaper alternative of a water tank, has anyone had any experience of installing and maintaining one? What are the pros and cons?

Many Thanks

Last edited by Albox1933; Jun 22nd 2012 at 10:19 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future
Default Re: Construction of borehole / well

Don't know any company in your area but, to give you an idea, my neighbour paid a company in Alicante 5000 euros for the drilling. Had they not found useable water there would have been no charge.

In the event they found abundant water and they reinforced the bore hole to prevent it collapsing. The drilling took less than 4 hours but the rig and generator were massive so you could see where the price came from.

That was about a year ago and it is still capable of enough water for the 20 or so houses in our valley (if they were allowed to sell it)

Water tanks can be surface or buried. Both methods have costs (either digging or concrete platform). The cost of delivered water will vary but has gone up as fuel has risen to about 90 euros for 10000 litres which can last 2 to 4 weeks depending on use.
The tank would vary from around 1500 euros to 4000 euros.

On this basis a successful bore hole becomes cost effective in around 3 years (I think)