Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cognitive Dissonance

Cognitive Dissonance

Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cognitive Dissonance

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Sounds like hard work to me Matt, all those mega late nights and then up bright an early to re stock and do paper work before opening again by noon...No I don't thinks so.........well not unless I have someone to do all the pink and blue jobs for me
Hell I dont want it one tiny bit!!

She works in that industry now and manages a very busy place, 70-80 covers average every lunch time.

But me? No way never!!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:51 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - this is a very difficult thread to follow - is it coz i aint been to uni - sorry sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
Im going now coz my head hurts
Sam
Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:57 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hell I dont want it one tiny bit!!

She works in that industry now and manages a very busy place, 70-80 covers average every lunch time.

But me? No way never!!

I know two couple that have opened up bars/restaurants since Christmas and
and they are finding it very hard going. One couple seem to have there heads screwed on and know that they have to be and look top noch 24/7 and are really putting their backs into it and spending money in the right area's but the other couple I do worry about as they are really finding it hard going and do not have the funds to take additional staff on and I think it is beginning to tell health wise.

To start any business here you need funds and plenty of it, one of the biggest pit falls is people never factor for the unfore seen.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 1:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I know two couple that have opened up bars/restaurants since Christmas and
and they are finding it very hard going. One couple seem to have there heads screwed on and know that they have to be and look top noch 24/7 and are really putting their backs into it and spending money in the right area's but the other couple I do worry about as they are really finding it hard going and do not have the funds to take additional staff on and I think it is beginning to tell health wise.

To start any business here you need funds and plenty of it, one of the biggest pit falls is people never factor for the unfore seen.
I wouldn't want to do it to be honest, I have seen too many fail, and to "make like a budgie" you need something really special.

The problem is that the Spain trip is for her, and I have to be as encouraging as is possible!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I wouldn't want to do it to be honest, I have seen too many fail, and to "make like a budgie" you need something really special.

The problem is that the Spain trip is for her, and I have to be as encouraging as is possible!

Maybe when she gets here she will realise that bars are 2apenny and as you say special they must be.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 1:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I read the profile and I thought he was a bloke, does he not have a blue sticky out thing above his name, I'll have to check
he's a he called graham

he signed some of his earlier posts
Old Jul 7th 2007, 1:52 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like hard work to me Matt, all those mega late nights and then up bright an early to re stock and do paper work before opening again by noon...No I don't thinks so.........well not unless I have someone to do all the pink and blue jobs for me
I've been there, done that in the UK, got loads of t'shirts to prove it....can think of nothing worse to do over here
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that for the first time I am glad that my internet line has been off today until recently ..... I may have made some comments I might have regretted
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:06 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I have to say that for the first time I am glad that my internet line has been off today until recently ..... I may have made some comments I might have regretted
never regret what you say......only what you wish you had
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
never regret what you say......only what you wish you had

Trust me ..... I would have regretted it
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:08 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Trust me ..... I would have regretted it
ooh ooh wanna know wanna know!!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:11 pm
Senior Moment

ooh ooh wanna know wanna know!!
cant you imagine? I just luuuuuv being talked down to!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:19 pm

cant you imagine? I just luuuuuv being talked down to!
Then stand up you daft bugger
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Grazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the rough

generally we ignore typo's, until someone else starts getting pedantic about language

you keep banging on about education..
Hi lynnxa,

We are talking about “The Crisis of Modern Language” Here (Not Education) and very specifically how one person’s understanding of language may be interpreted with a very differently meaning by another person, according to the difference in the individuals ability to conceptualize, the deeper meaning behind the words.

I have noticed that some very interesting threads, with some really bright writers on board can degenerate into something that just isn’t interesting and at this point, I would simply drop out of the thread.Perhaps more people should say "Ironing is a lot more interesting than reading this fo0rum"

You are obviously a very bright person and I am sure that you will realize that I am only opening a door to an exciting discussion. I am only interested in progress both for myself and the other forum members.

Love and a long and happy life to all.

Grazy
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:53 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I once attended a course where being a non-graduate placed you in the minority. I was in the minority. A graduate head-hunter in her early twenties once said during a coffee break that she found it soooo difficult to work or socalise with non-grads because basically - they were too thick to enter into a debate or contribute a reasoned point of view on anything. Another girl once ended a relationship she was in because her boyfriend put a bottle of red wine in the fridge.

I have worked with very well qualified people - mainly in the medical professions - who are, to put it bluntly, as thick as pig shit. What they have in qualifications, they lack in something far more important. And that is Emotional Intelligence or Emotional Quotient (EQ).

There are many famous people who have done very well for themsleves without the need for educational qualifications. Richard Branson, Winston Churchill and Anita Roddick to name but a few. All were reported to have performed at low to average levels during their schooling and yet all have been extreamly successful in their chosen professions possibly due to their high levels of EQ.

Daniel Goleman (a prolific writer in the subject of EQ) reports that those with high levels of EQ perform significantly better in business than those with lowered levels of EQ.

Its not necessarily how smart you are - but, how you are smart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.