Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Closing Spanish Bank Account

Closing Spanish Bank Account

Old Jun 25th 2014, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

caroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant future
Smile Closing Spanish Bank Account

Hi, we are wanting to close our Spanish bank account as we have had enough of the unprofessional attitude of our current bank. We have a mortgage with the bank so what happens if we close the account. I think I have read somewhere that you can just have the mortgage and they should give you a payment book to pay the mortgage each month but not sure. We would like to know where we stand before we go in and know what our options are as we are certain they will just lie to us yet again. Also any recommendations for other Spanish banks. Many thanks
Old Jun 25th 2014, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Closing Spanish Bank Account

If you have a mortgage with the bank they will refuse to let you close the account.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

caroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant future

Thanks Bri and Katee, have you had personal experience of this, is it the law. If I asked my bank I wouldn´t trust them to tell me the truth. I think we will probably call into a different bank and ask them.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

This was the answer we received from citizens advice (spain) We only wanted to close our account and move to another bank. We didn't have a mortgage through them so it was ok, if the mortgage is with them they will not let you close the account (dissapearing without paying comes to mind) Our account was only for non res tax and water/electric bills.