costa tropical

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

cliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond repute
Default costa tropical

Any information available on La Herradura, Almuñécar, Motril area? Not just the 3 places but around that area.

Are there many or even any brits there?

I am asking because this is the area I am looking at in October with a view to moving there.

Any information gratefully received
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:08 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: costa tropical

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, loads of Brits in the area. Great place to live, but, as I live there, I would say that wouldn't I?

Best thing is come and have a look. If you have any specific questions about the area, fire away.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

cliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fred. Do you mind me asking where you live? I understand if you dont want to say.

We are coming to have a look in October. As for asking questions??? Where do I start?? Not sure what to ask yet TBH.

Its our intention to price long term rentals first and look at house prices etc.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 5:45 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's no secret. I live in La Herradura, have done for 14 years.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

I appreciate its not a secret i didnt want you to think I was prying Fred. For obvious reasons its not safe to put too many personal details on the internet.

You obviously like it there then, do you work or are you retired? We will not be working when we come over, we are fortunate enough to be able to retire early (well,,,, we think so?) we are both 52.

I expect you will be a mine of information living there for so long!

It would be good if someone compiled a list in order or the track you need to follow to move to live there e.g.

rent a house for a year
buy a car
register for ????
register for ???
When a decision is made buy property, thats another list to follow, I think much of the house buying is common sense? Get a recommended solicitor not recommended by the estate agent seems to be the usual advise.

Then after the permanent move what to do next?
Register for tax
learn Spanish (am dreading that!!)
What else?

I would imagine all the information is on here in various threads but if a thread with a definitive list in order was done by someone it would be brilliant for people like me who have know idea what to do and are worried about not doing something correct.

Come on all you expats get typing

Thanks in anticipation Cliff & Karen
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:53 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: costa tropical

Originally Posted by cliff b
I appreciate its not a secret i didnt want you to think I was prying Fred. For obvious reasons its not safe to put too many personal details on the internet.

You obviously like it there then, do you work or are you retired? We will not be working when we come over, we are fortunate enough to be able to retire early (well,,,, we think so?) we are both 52.

It would be good if someone compiled a list in order or the track you need to follow to move to live there e.g.

rent a house for a year
buy a car
register for ????
register for ???
When a decision is made buy property, thats another list to follow, I think much of the house buying is common sense? Get a recommended solicitor not recommended by the estate agent seems to be the usual advise.

Register for tax
What else?

I would imagine all the information is on here in various threads but if a thread with a definitive list in order was done by someone it would be brilliant for people like me who have know idea what to do and are worried about not doing something correct.

We used to have a permanent thread that gave all of this information and a lot more however changes happen so frequently here and there are also differences between regions which made it difficult to maintain.

When we were moving here we bought several books on moving to Spain which helped us a lot. Many of us are very happy to answer your questions so keep on asking them. My husband was the one who did all of the research and he ended up with a very comprehensive file with loads of information in it but like all things this also became quite out of date after living here several years so he destroyed it as we had no time to update it.

Good luck with your research.

Rosemary
Old Jun 24th 2014, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rosemary. The possible changes in Spanish legislation is a good point that I had not thought of.

All journeys start with the first step! As it may well be a year or more before we make the move, like you have said a lot can change in that time.

One step at a time, we are in no rush.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

We are also Costa Tropical but east from Motril, right on the border of Granada and Almeria, been here 11 years and again loving it, much quieter this end than Almuñecar side though
Old Jun 24th 2014, 4:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

rent a house for a year
buy a car
register for ????
register for ???

Register for tax
What else?

Start learning Spanish now, take your time with the basics so that they are firmly in your heads.

I see that you are keen on making lists so here are a few things for you to write down.

Register on the Padron
Register on the foreigners list
Sort out private health cover
Sign on at the local health centre
Register for tax
Sort out gas, electricity, telephone, internet, rubbish, water, sewage, community tax, road tax, and uncle tom cobbly and all.

One thing that has changed since we came is that you now have to prove that you either have sufficient funds in the bank or sufficient income to maintain yourselves.

Rosemary
Old Jun 24th 2014, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Would we need to do these things when we first go out to rent a place when we are deciding to stay or not or would they need to be done at the point when we decide to be permanent residents?

If we are there for a period of say 9 months do we need to do anything then as I assume we would be just visitors and our E111 would cover the healthcare?

Also, when we are permanent, if we are not working or earning do we need to register for tax?
Old Jun 24th 2014, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

rent a house for a year
buy a car
register for ????
register for ???

Register for tax
What else?

Cliff b, you are correct the information is all on here, you just need to scout about and find it . If you need it on a list please post that on this thread for all those interested. You may find posts relating to health care of interest as it can be a financial consideration but perhaps not to the extent of some other countries such as the U.S.

Best regards
jonboy
Old Jun 25th 2014, 6:55 am

Would we need to do these things when we first go out to rent a place when we are deciding to stay or not or would they need to be done at the point when we decide to be permanent residents?

If we are there for a period of say 9 months do we need to do anything then as I assume we would be just visitors and our E111 would cover the healthcare?

Also, when we are permanent, if we are not working or earning do we need to register for tax?
It is not really down to you to decide when to become permanent residents it is down to time scales on each thing. 183 days is a magic figure. I am sorry but I do not know how the health care works now as this has changed somewhat since I came here.

Rosemary
Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

The EHIC which replaced the E111 will only cover you until becoming resident. In fact my understanding is if you are living in Spain over 3 months you will need to sign foreigners register. This is really being resident but not fiscal resident. To sign the register you will need to prove income and medical cover which being 52 will mean private health cover. UK used to give some cover for under 65's based on NI contributions but that is stopping. Once you reach 183 days living in Spain you will be classed as fiscal resident and need to submit Spanish tax forms and declare certain UK assets.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

So far then if renting for a 9 month period i need to find a property. Or would I be better to stay within the 183 day period then make a decision, return to the UK to delay registering for tax ETC then back to Spain to sort out buying house? Or would there be no point to doing that? Hope that makes sense

Register on the Padron. (Quote off of Rosemary, whats that???)

Sign on at the local health centre.

Get NIE Number to buy anything, car etc. Would i need that to rent a property?

Sign foreigners register after 3 months (where would that normally be done?)

Get medical insurance. Though I believe the EHIC card is valid so long as you are a resident of the UK, I assume that would give me 183 days from arrival to sort that?

After 183 days sort Tax out and sort of declare assets

Anything else guys? Oh yeh,,, ordered my Paul Noble learn Spanish CD'S yesterday, Y may well hear me and the wife arguing even in Spain LOL

Cliff & Karen
Old Jun 26th 2014, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Certificado de Empadronamiento, we Brits and I think a lot of Spanish shorten it to Padron, you can see why, just google it lots in English about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.