Reload this Page >

Ciudad Real Central Airport

Ciudad Real Central Airport

Old Jul 1st 2010, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ciudad Real Central Airport

Hello everyone.

Has anyone used or been to this airport?

My family normally fly into and out of Granada but the budget airlines have now pulled out not resuming, in the case of Ryanair, until the end of November.

Ryanair now fly into Ciudad Real and my first visitors are due in early September. I put my routing instructions from Jaen to CR Central into the RAC, AA and ViaMichelin sites and got three different routes taking three different times, very confusing. The airport seems to be somewhat out of the way viz a viz major road access. So, has anyone been there? Is it easy to get to? Is it well signposted?

Thanks very much.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Casita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ciudad Real Central Airport

My friend was looking at this new route as an alternative to Malaga but it is too far as her holiday house is only 20mins S.W. of Granada.

I'm interested in your comment about Ryanair resuming flights to Granada in November, is this true or another of the various rumours flying about?
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:31 am
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm interested in your comment about Ryanair resuming flights to Granada in November, is this true or another of the various rumours flying about?

My sister had a bad experience with them this year and actually managed to speak to someone at Ryanair about it. As she likes to come here quite often she asked the question about Granada and was told that flights would resume on November 28th. until May 2011. Having said that O'Dreary changes his mind on a whim so unless he actually arranges for his booking site to allow you to book from November 28th., he hasn't so far, then I would not hold my breath. Here's hoping!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Casita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura about

Yep, I'll believe it when I see it, their contract runs out with Granada in October. Can't imagine then renewing it, so hope someone else will step in.

Malga airport is the pits