Citrus Red

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citrus Red

Anyone had this happen to them

Originally our landline was with Telfonica.

Then we were contacted by BT in Spain and transfered to them (cheaper calls). The bills then started to come from BT Spain. All was okay.

After about 12months we were contacted by Citrus Red who told us that they had taken over from BT Spain and we didn't have to do anything, just continue as usual. The bills then came from them. Still all was okay.

After about 12-18 months (can't be exact) Telifonica took money from our account. We contacted them and explain that our calls were through Citrus Red and they gave us the money back. The same thing happened the next month. Then on the third month (last October) Citrus Red stopped taking money and our calls seemed to revert back to Telifonica. Not a problem at least we were only pay once for the calls.

Then last month April low and behold Citrus Red took money from our account as well as Telifonica. When we called Citrus Red they apologised and said we were no longer with them. They gave us a refund and told us to stop the Direct Debit which we did. She also asked if we wanted to return to them which we declined as it would involve using a prefix number (funny because we never used one before)

Yesterday we recieved a bill from Citrus Red for May. On speaking to their customer service rep she insisted that we must have used their services and must have dialled the prefix (don't even know what the flippin' number is). I have left this with her to investigate.

Anyone have any ideas what might be happening
Old Jun 4th 2010, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice
Default Re: Citrus Red

Yes, they are incompetent.

I left Citrus Red last November as a result of their refusal to offer me better terms, 4 weeks after I've transferred elsewhere they make an offer. 5 months after leaving them they take money from my account which I am now having to sort out.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Yes well I am having a problem with Citrus Red since May of last year they have been taking out double the amount of money they should have ie the calls are listed twice on the list of calls, but not just that I have been timing my calls because they have had my calls listed as talking for two hours etc and all of the calls that I timed were doubled on their list plus double in time and the people you speak to on the phone are so rude there is not even an apology from them If you are with Citrus Red which has now become 900 something or other check your bills
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:15 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I learnt early on living in Spain, anything you take out be it phone line or insurance, they always ask you for your bank details, they usually say it's so they can refund any payments or pay out insurance claims to that account.

Well FWIW my advice would be, when you open any new accounts like this always write to your bank and cancel any direct debits with this company even if you didn't set one up as you will find they can take your money any time they like, things like this happen frequently in Spain and when you try to get it paid back the company will swear that under Spanish law they don't have to refund it. Obviously if you need to pay for the service like this only do it when you cancel the service and make sure when you do cancel that you get confirmation in writing.

After many phone calls and emails in which they told me to go see my lawyers, I was fortunate my bank paid me back €500 three months after a payment was taken like this and I checked later (as they said I could have something else that I didn't want, free) and found that the company never did get paid so it's a funny system that seems to be very slow.

Last edited by anonimouse; Feb 5th 2011 at 7:27 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Is that Citrus red you are talking about!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Seems to me that everyones reasons leaving Telephonica circumvent returning to Telephonica in the last inst. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
P.S: "Citrus Red" .:. The failure is noted in the Company title to begin with... ROLF.

DSB.