Citizens Advice Bureau Spain

Citizens Advice Bureau Spain

Old Jul 14th 2014, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Myra Swainson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizens Advice Bureau Spain

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
So it does feed a business service?
No it does not. A association registering as a 'sin animo de lucro' NPO cannot have any business activates. All funds needed to run such an association must be generated by donations. Appears that many understand the need for animal charities but not a free advice centre for people.

Please read the information on our website for an understanding of what and who we are. There will always be a handful of persons who for reasons that they only know, will try to disrupt a successful group. Too bad for those but we are here to stay. This is already appreciated by over 10.000 members.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 11:18 am
Just Joined

To add and clarify <snip>. The team are all British expect for on advisor who is Dutch, speaks three languages and has a command of English which is enviable. We must remember we are not the only expats living in Spain. We have members of many other nationalities in our group. I am a paralegal and have also been a troubleshooter for expats problems since 95. For those who are genuinely interested in the truth, please visit our site or even google me. That is all I have to say on the matter as there are those who need assistance. Thank you for reading this.

Last edited by Sue; Jul 14th 2014 at 1:10 pm. Reason: Please do not bring issues from other groups onto BE. It has nothing to do with this site. Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2014, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Lynn are you sure this is a private company. If it is like the UK CAB that is a charity staffed mainly by volunteers who with time and training become very knowledgable in a variety of fields. I suppose the big difference with FACUA would be that this organisation would be staffed by native English speakers who with training master the intricacies of Spanish bureaucracy.
Correct 'not such a grumpy old man' My experience stems from trouble shooting since 95 and then working in the field and with lawyers.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 11:44 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Myra.

You helped me and OH many years ago with various things like getting residencia and your services were well appreciated. I hope you are in good health...

I knew who you were as soon as I saw (and joined) the excellent Advice Service and even I wondered whether there was a commercial tie up between the two (and I wouldn't have minded one bit if there were by the way) so you shouldn't be surprised that others less-in-the know might think the same, nor that there might be some kind of tie up with the Citizens Advice Bureau we'll know in the UK.

I can't see anyone trying to disrupt your very helpful group - why would they?

I'm sure that now have now explained, everybody now understands the structure and aims of CABS

Please keep up the very good work.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 1:11 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Just a reminder. Please do NOT discuss issues regarding members from other sites/FB groups onto BE. It has NOTHING to do with this site.

Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Myra Swainson
No it does not. A association registering as a 'sin animo de lucro' NPO cannot have any business activates. All funds needed to run such an association must be generated by donations. Appears that many understand the need for animal charities but not a free advice centre for people.

Please read the information on our website for an understanding of what and who we are. There will always be a handful of persons who for reasons that they only know, will try to disrupt a successful group. Too bad for those but we are here to stay. This is already appreciated by over 10.000 members.
No problem at all (for me) if it does feed a commercial enterprise.I was just looking for clarity