Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Christmas foods

Christmas foods

Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:09 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas foods

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Oh dear,this is not looking so good.
First no goose,then no dick for Christmas.
Ah well, goose is too fatty and I'll most likely be too well oiled to worry about a bit of the other anyway.
Happy bloody xmas you mean and miserable sods.
In the same spirit, here's a festive number

Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

ITS THE BLOODY 17TH OF BLOODY NOVEMBER FFS!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:23 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

One year in the UK we stripped the tree, but for some reason, we just left it in the window. It was finally removed in March, when we discovered the kids on the school bus were making bets as to how long it would remain there.

On another xmas note, after seeing South Park's xmas special, I always used to have the figure of Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo at the top of the tree instead of an angel or a star. I made it specially.

Word got out, as one day I was in the room, and in marched my daughter followed by a crocodile of schoolfriends. She led them into the room where she pointed up to Mr Hanky and announced, "There you are. I told you so!"

There was a hush, and then then one child just went "Wow........"
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:00 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Some years ago, in a foreign country, I bought a Christmas tree with roots. It was quite big and after the festive season I didn’t know how to dispose of it; the country had silly laws about rubbish disposal that I never understood and I didn’t want any more fisticuffs with a rude rubbish collector.

I planted the tree in the garden and sold the house not long afterwards, leaving the new owner to dispose of the troublesome Christmas tree with roots which was still standing but at an unusual angle.

Years later I made a visit to the foreign town to finally close an old bank account, and decided to take a nostalgic walk down my former street to see my old house. I stopped outside and took a photograph of a Christmas tree, which had grown at an angle but was taller than the house itself. The upper branches were waving to me.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 5:19 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Now thinking of drinks to get in for the festive period. Port, sherry, Baileys... Not going to bother with Advocaat though
Old Dec 6th 2010, 6:29 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Now thinking of drinks to get in for the festive period. Port, sherry, Baileys... Not going to bother with Advocaat though
I always used to think it was made from Dutch lawyers.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 4:06 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Try a drop of brandy in the glass, pour in Advocaat then lemonade and stir
Old Dec 11th 2010, 8:16 am
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by Lionda
Try a drop of brandy in the glass, pour in Advocaat then lemonade and stir
Well, since I won't be getting the Advocaat bottle, I won't need that tip! Thanks all the same.