Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Christmas foods

Christmas foods

Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:46 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas foods

I lost £50 on that silly prat Harrison. Another Bruno, big, black cowards who shit themselves when confronted with someone who hurts them.

I'm wrong about the colour, of course, Bugner shit himself when silly Bruno tapped him on the chin.

I love boxing, but it's a sport taken over by Wagners, wankers.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I'm normally a big fan of Spanish foodstuffs (for example jamon, morcilla, mojama etc) but I'm not so sure about their seasonal offerings. Turron, polverones, even Roscon doesn't really do it for me in the way Mince pies or Xmas pud do. Are there any seasonal delicacies you like (or miss) ?
The traditional food in Christmas, at least in Spain, are candy as the mazapán, turrón, polvorones, etc, or meats like the turkey. Are traditional candies in these days, but doesn't mean that you don't eat another thing, they usually eat after each dinner of Christmas, that depends of each family. For example, in my home, the king is usually the shellfish, but there are also some salad, meat of lamb, etc. And after, with the coffee, cider, cava, etc, the mazapanes, turrones, polvorones, peladillas, and any other candies

Last edited by Relampago; Nov 14th 2010 at 1:14 am.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:47 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
The traditional food in Christmas, at least in Spain, are candy as the mazapán, turrón, polvorones, etc, or meats like the turkey. Are traditional candies in these days, but doesn't mean that you don't eat another thing, they usually eat after each dinner of Christmas, that depends of each family. For example, in my home, the king is usually the shellfish, but there are also some salad, meat of lamb, etc. And after, with the coffee, cider, cava, etc, the mazapanes, turrones, polvorones, peladillas, and any other candies
Christmas pud with brandy and white sauce plus Christmas spice cake with marzipan and proper iceing together with a glass of ginger wine will knock that lot into a cocked hat.

Thats all after the turkey,stuffing apple sauce,yorkshire pud,veg and trimmings of course.

Oh and don't forget the brussels,..most important.

I usually kick off the day with the giblets for breakfast.
vely,vely tasty,...my favourite of all,.. yum yum.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:59 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Sprouts, Yes!!

But your breakfast is all wrong. Last night's curry leftovers with hot lime and chilli pickle!! Yum...
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:06 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Sprouts, Yes!!

But your breakfast is all wrong. Last night's curry leftovers with hot lime and chilli pickle!! Yum...

Sacrilege.
It's bad enough ruining all our traditional grub by swamping it with curry,but eating the bloody stuff on Christmas day?
Jeez,what's the World coming to?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 3:33 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Sacrilege.
It's bad enough ruining all our traditional grub by swamping it with curry,but eating the bloody stuff on Christmas day?
Jeez,what's the World coming to?
It's the World coming to us, when you think about it. I'm all for it in culinary terms, but I think I'll stick to traditional stuff at Chrimbo.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Christmas pud with brandy and white sauce plus Christmas spice cake with marzipan and proper iceing together with a glass of ginger wine will knock that lot into a cocked hat.

Thats all after the turkey,stuffing apple sauce,yorkshire pud,veg and trimmings of course.

Oh and don't forget the brussels,..most important.

I usually kick off the day with the giblets for breakfast.
vely,vely tasty,...my favourite of all,.. yum yum.
We have to choose every year. A traditional English Christimas with my family or a traditional Spanish/Astrurian one with my OH's family

There is no competition, Spanish wins every time. The food is incomparable, but I am lucky that my MIL is a great cook and Asturias has a good food tradition.

Last year we had wild Cantabrian lubina. A 7kg one that cost over 200 euros, incredible, then Arroz con bogavante the day after, and pitu calella the day after that.

The best food in the world!

We go to my English family for New Year and have a big meal with them, but we make sure WE offer to cook Nothing more depressing then Sunday Roast straight from the Iceland freezers
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:29 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Generally we have breast of duck and orange sauce.

Because it's so quick and easy to cook we have less stress in the kitchen and more time to relax.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:00 pm
On the road again.

Just for a change how about a joint of this.

http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-fr...-1225954086292

I can personally recommend it, though Santa and the kids might not be quite as keen.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Some stilton with a tipple of your choice will beat the polystyrene any day.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:38 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Some stilton with a tipple of your choice will beat the polystyrene any day.
Ahhh, a prime Stilton. To me the king of cheese.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HBG
I lost £50 on that silly prat Harrison.
And you call Harrison a silly prat!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:21 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raddickle
It's a long story, but your conclusion is the correct one.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raddickle
You're right, Harrison never lost any money, in fact earnt quite a lot! Well, I say earnt, but you know what I mean!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 4:04 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

After some mind-destroying queuing today, still pursuing my quite simple attempt to renew my residencia, I needed to escape the buzzing hive of puzzled humanity and headed for a quiet part of the calming sea. I found a parking space outside a small Russian Church and then discovered a previously unknown bar/restaurant right on the edge of the sea shore, rocky at this part but with the water lapping the edge a few yards away.

The interior was a bit scruffy and it had an odd mix of customers which reminded me of the police office I had just left, but this lot appeared happy to eat and drink and admire the sea in front of them. And no one pushed against me after I sat down.

I had an excellent and relaxing snack served by a waiter who could have come from anywhere in the world, a pleasant skinhead who smiled. I heard Spanish, German, English, Scandinavian and some Eastern European voices, and because of the ambience enquired whether they served Christmas meals.

The skinhead looked embarrassed and shook his head. I foolishly asked why and he replied that it wasn’t celebrated where he came from. His partner, the chef, had come out of the kitchen and I saw that he was an identical skinhead to the waiter, and could also have come from anywhere in the world.

I suppose they don’t celebrate Christmas everywhere in this big world of ours, something I should have known.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.