Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Child Maintainence problem

Child Maintainence problem

Old Sep 8th 2011, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

mariajose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Maintainence problem

I am having a problem getting child mainainence from my childs father in the Uk. He was paying but then suddenly stopped and will not reply to my emails
. I spoke to the CSA in the UK and it seems that there is a recipricol arrangment with spain so I can take action from here to enforce payments. I have not got any details on how to go about it or where.
A long shot, but has anyone used the REMO scemen to get payments enforced?
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Maintainence problem

Originally Posted by mariajose
I am having a problem getting child mainainence from my childs father in the Uk. He was paying but then suddenly stopped and will not reply to my emails
. I spoke to the CSA in the UK and it seems that there is a recipricol arrangment with spain so I can take action from here to enforce payments. I have not got any details on how to go about it or where.
A long shot, but has anyone used the REMO scemen to get payments enforced?

I hope someone with more knowledge comes along, or maybe you'll actually need to get legal advice, but a brief look at the REMO website seems to suggest the agreement is for UK residents having problems enforcing payments from those in other countries. The name would suggest it works both ways, but if you take a look at the website there is a 'contact us' link which would probably be a source of advice/info. Good luck
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

mariajose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child Maintainence problem

Yes, I have seen the website and spoken to them too. They have given me some info but I am keen to hear if anyone has actually done this themselves