Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chiclana Electricity

Chiclana Electricity

Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chiclana Electricity

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Could CDL or anyone answer this question please? A plot of land has a old finca on it with a legal electric meter. The plot has been divided in three. A builder intends to construct two more houses on the plot. If anybody buys the house where the original finca is constructed and the legal electricity meter is, it will be written into the purchase contract that they are obliged to supply power to the two new houses. Is this correct?
Ask Sevillana.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Could CDL or anyone answer this question please? A plot of land has a old finca on it with a legal electric meter. The plot has been divided in three. A builder intends to construct two more houses on the plot. If anybody buys the house where the original finca is constructed and the legal electricity meter is, it will be written into the purchase contract that they are obliged to supply power to the two new houses. Is this correct?
Usually there will be such a contract made privately between the neighbours, however Endesa are now targeting shared meters as they are still effectively illegal and causing complications for the partys named on the contract. The person with the meter on their plot will always be favourite to 'own' the meter but will probably not make many friends if they refuse to share their meter, but you have no obligation to do so. A builder may also refuse to sell if the contract is not signed as he knows he will have many problems in the future and there will always be someone foolish enough to concur to the request. If you find yourself in this position and want to take the risk then go ahead, but hold back some of the purchase price (20-30K) to be paid when you get your own meter. I know of instances where buyers have held back money, the builder has never supplied a meter so they have effectively got the same house cheaper, and paid someone else far less to get the meter for them. If the builder ever asks for his money, the answer is simply 'you didn't fulfill your contract by getting me a meter, so I don't have to pay you.'
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by glynis
What fantastic news. Dazzle, you are the first I've heard of. Once again brilliant. Have you got the email address for CDL? Did you have to pay a fine?
Sorry Dazzle, beat you to the reply. Anyone who gets a meter via Sevillana for their property which has been previously connnected illegally (shared, direct connection or otherwise) will be subject to a fine of about 1300€ which is paid directly from the owners bank account and has to be paid before the meter is actually fitted as part of the contract agreement.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
Usually there will be such a contract made privately between the neighbours, however Endesa are now targeting shared meters as they are still effectively illegal and causing complications for the partys named on the contract. The person with the meter on their plot will always be favourite to 'own' the meter but will probably not make many friends if they refuse to share their meter, but you have no obligation to do so. A builder may also refuse to sell if the contract is not signed as he knows he will have many problems in the future and there will always be someone foolish enough to concur to the request. If you find yourself in this position and want to take the risk then go ahead, but hold back some of the purchase price (20-30K) to be paid when you get your own meter. I know of instances where buyers have held back money, the builder has never supplied a meter so they have effectively got the same house cheaper, and paid someone else far less to get the meter for them. If the builder ever asks for his money, the answer is simply 'you didn't fulfill your contract by getting me a meter, so I don't have to pay you.'

Thanks very much Cdl. When you say targeting what exactly do you mean? A very sound piece of advice about holding back money and one I will follow to the letter should the need arise.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Sorry Dazzle, beat you to the reply. Anyone who gets a meter via Sevillana for their property which has been previously connnected illegally (shared, direct connection or otherwise) will be subject to a fine of about 1300€ which is paid directly from the owners bank account and has to be paid before the meter is actually fitted as part of the contract agreement.

So if you are on a shared meter you just pay the 1300 fine and you can get a legal meter in your name?
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

We are on a shared meter as advised by Sevillana when they last cut us off! Builder pays the bill for all three houses. He insists he has put in for legal meters but this was 18 months ago, could this be true?
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

We first applied 12 months ago and Sevillana wouldn't accept the application we tried again around October/November time so it's been no where near 18 months. It seems a long time to have been waiting for a response but then anything seems possible in Chiclana.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

El TEl is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that is a new one on me !!!!
Meters should never be placed inside a property for any reason as the readings cannot be taken by Endesa staff and they have no access to their property. I would suspect this is a 'clouding of the truth' as once the property is yours, it is your problem. Please be very very careful, check, check and check again before you make any decision.
i've just been told by my spanish neighbours if i pay 5000e by 24 feb i can have a legal connection as work in my area starts on 1 march. i'm a bit unsure as i live in the uk and wonder if this is yet more hype!!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by El TEl
i've just been told by my spanish neighbours if i pay 5000e by 24 feb i can have a legal connection as work in my area starts on 1 march. i'm a bit unsure as i live in the uk and wonder if this is yet more hype!!

Have not heard about anybody paying 5000 euros to get a meter. I sounds like yet another Chiclana rumour.

When you say work is to start do you mean urbanisation?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by El TEl
If you are in an area soon to be urbanised then the fee is likely to be closer to 6K or more which is the standard fee paid by all property owners as a contribution towards the urbanistation fees and is based on the size of your land holding. I have heard that LAS VEGUETAS is the next area to be done so let us know where you live. Being as that deadline is on Friday it all seems a bit quick to me as usually fees are collected 12-18 months in advance of any work being started but check with your solicitor or the town hall whether your area is indeed scheduled to be started. If it is not my advice would be to ignore the information and treat it as rumour.
Your community may well be upgrading the network themselves and this cost (the 5K you mention) would be your contribution to this. Whether you contribute or not is up to you although non participation in schemes like this can cause untold problems. If this is the case this will not guearantee you a meter, merely enhance your chances.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:17 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Hi, could anybody tell me how much a thousand units of electricity ,domestic ,costs in the chicalana area.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Hi, could anybody tell me how much a thousand units of electricity ,domestic ,costs in the chicalana area.

Hi This is it what was on my last bill November to January

881kWh x 0,084188 eur = 74,17 euros

so a 1000kWh is by my calculation 84,18 euros

Hope this helps
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:23 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Hi This is it what was on my last bill November to January

881kWh x 0,084188 eur = 74,17 euros

so a 1000kWh is by my calculation 84,18 euros

Hope this helps
Thanks for your reply ,hope you are right ,somebody else told me that one unit of electricity cost8.6 cents ,was expecting a huge bill as i have a counter meter,have asked my spainish neighbour for a bill ,but that was last summer,see him quite allot but still dont have an account.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Thanks for your reply ,hope you are right ,somebody else told me that one unit of electricity cost8.6 cents ,was expecting a huge bill as i have a counter meter,have asked my spainish neighbour for a bill ,but that was last summer,see him quite allot but still dont have an account.

Well guess it is because that is what I have paid to them through the bank! So dont worry.