Reload this Page >

Chiclana Electricity

Chiclana Electricity

Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Barrosa Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chiclana Electricity

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
I would say that something fishy is going on. My last electric bill was 107 euros and I use 3 aircon/ heaters at least a couple of hours a day. Get a private sparky to check it. :scared:
Thanks everyone for your replies. Yes we have paid 9 euros for an electrician to come out and check that no one is connected to our meter. We have also had the same problem with the pump, as the original controller was defective, so that problem has been fixed. However our meter is located on the main road, adjacent to two other meters, as our house is down a small private lane. Endesa's responsibility ends at the back of the meter, and they have assured that everything to and including the meter is accurate. The electrician said as far as he could tell the cable that is underground between the meter and our home is where the problem lays and advised that we get the meter moved and have a new cable laid from the pole to the new location of the meter which should be located at our gate, and then a new cable to our breaker box. Almost makes you wish you didn't have a meter!!!
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all
Talking Re: Chiclana Electricity

Originally Posted by Barrosa Brit
Thanks everyone for your replies. Yes we have paid 9 euros for an electrician to come out and check that no one is connected to our meter. We have also had the same problem with the pump, as the original controller was defective, so that problem has been fixed. However our meter is located on the main road, adjacent to two other meters, as our house is down a small private lane. Endesa's responsibility ends at the back of the meter, and they have assured that everything to and including the meter is accurate. The electrician said as far as he could tell the cable that is underground between the meter and our home is where the problem lays and advised that we get the meter moved and have a new cable laid from the pole to the new location of the meter which should be located at our gate, and then a new cable to our breaker box. Almost makes you wish you didn't have a meter!!!

lol pass it over here then i need one
Old Feb 17th 2006, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve in pago
lol pass it over here then i need one

perhaps we could buy one on ebay
Old Feb 17th 2006, 4:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not in Chiclana, and water, not electrics, but when I had my pool filled for the first time my bill was 11 euros. Only 12 months later did I discover that the meters were connected the wrong way around with next doors, so he pays my water bills and I pay his (he visits there 4 times a year).

Sometimes a good idea to check your electric / water meters are connected to the right property!
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:02 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Not in Chiclana, and water, not electrics, but when I had my pool filled for the first time my bill was 11 euros. Only 12 months later did I discover that the meters were connected the wrong way around with next doors, so he pays my water bills and I pay his (he visits there 4 times a year).

Sometimes a good idea to check your electric / water meters are connected to the right property!
Now all we need is a post telling us how the cesspits were misconnected and they were receiving all their neighbours............can you imagine the conversations that would ensue when there was a blockage.........
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Sorry poollounger but I am not going there!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
Now all we need is a post telling us how the cesspits were misconnected and they were receiving all their neighbours............can you imagine the conversations that would ensue when there was a blockage.........
Please don't talk cr@p
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Well at last I can say that we have finally got a legal electricity meter! Sevillana fitted one yesterday and it's all working and got the official seal.

It's been a rollercoaster year and most of the credit has to go to Ben at CdlCaretaking who sorted it all out, I don't know what we would have done with out him. I think I owe him a
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:51 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dazzle
Well at last I can say that we have finally got a legal electricity meter! Sevillana fitted one yesterday and it's all working and got the official seal.

It's been a rollercoaster year and most of the credit has to go to Ben at CdlCaretaking who sorted it all out, I don't know what we would have done with out him. I think I owe him a
What wonderful news Dazzle....does this mean you are legalized as well ??? you must be feeling truly sparkley today!!!!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Congratulations!! You'll have to share the tricks of the trade. Or is was that Ben at CdlCaretaking?
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Barrosa Brit is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Dazzle, thats fantastic, what area are you in as I have friends who are hoping to get hooked up also?
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:45 am
Just Joined

scottie 50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Chiclana Electricity

Congratulations Dazzle

I also would like to know where your house is. What are the requirements now. We hear so many different stories. Is your house legal. If so. How do we go about making ours legal. We are on yellow hatched.
Thanks
Scottie 50
Old Feb 18th 2006, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

It's in a yellow zone and officially (as I understand it) Sevillana has issued a temporary meter pending the legalisation of the house, but it is a legal meter.

I don't know much about the details of actual process as I mentioned earlier it was all done on our behalf.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

What fantastic news. Dazzle, you are the first I've heard of. Once again brilliant. Have you got the email address for CDL? Did you have to pay a fine?
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Could CDL or anyone answer this question please? A plot of land has a old finca on it with a legal electric meter. The plot has been divided in three. A builder intends to construct two more houses on the plot. If anybody buys the house where the original finca is constructed and the legal electricity meter is, it will be written into the purchase contract that they are obliged to supply power to the two new houses. Is this correct?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.