Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Chiclana Electricity

Chiclana Electricity

Old Feb 15th 2006, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chiclana Electricity

Just thought all of you in Chiclana would be interested in the following.
My friend is legal with a legal electricity meter. Her first bill was for 400 euros which she thought was rather high but her latest was 600 euros! She got an electrician in and he found a cable going into her supply. She believes that the brother of the man who built her house is building two other houses and she is supplying the electricity!!!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all
Default Re: Chiclana Electricity

Originally Posted by glynis
My friend is legal with a legal electricity meter. Her first bill was for 400 euros which she thought was rather high but her latest was 600 euros! She got an electrician in and he found a cable going into her supply. She believes that the brother of the man who built her house is building two other houses and she is supplying the electricity!!!

lol only in Chiclana is this possible
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:52 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Couldn't she carry on supplying but provide them with an illegal shared meter and add a little premium on top ?? Nice little earner I would have thought!!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 6:19 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poollounger
Couldn't she carry on supplying but provide them with an illegal shared meter and add a little premium on top ?? Nice little earner I would have thought!!
What you really need is a pay as you go meter using 50 pence pieces, then sell the coins to the builder for 1 euros each. Nice work if you can get it
Kevray
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Rather high !! two other houses ? she must be paying for the whole street ! or were the bills for her first year then her second year !
Old Feb 16th 2006, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Barrosa Brit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Rather high !! two other houses ? she must be paying for the whole street ! or were the bills for her first year then her second year !
We have a small house and our bill for Nov/Dec was 245 euros. We have had Endesa out twice to check the meter, once it was 350 euros. As we are only one of a few that have a meter in our area, it makes me think that we are paying for someone else, but Endesa says no. It is driving me crazy, but do not know what we can do. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Old Feb 16th 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barrosa Brit
We have a small house and our bill for Nov/Dec was 245 euros. We have had Endesa out twice to check the meter, once it was 350 euros. As we are only one of a few that have a meter in our area, it makes me think that we are paying for someone else, but Endesa says no. It is driving me crazy, but do not know what we can do. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Do what a lot of people do (especially when new builds suddenly start in your area)....switch everything off in the house and shut off the mains. Go down and check your meter. The revolving wheel should not be moving!! If it is, something's up!

Keep an eye on your consumption via the meter. Of course, anything that heats up (the water in washing machine, an iron, an oven, electric kettle, toaster and of course, electric fires) are expensive to run.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Do what she did. Get an independent electrician in to check. Cost to her was 9 euros. Worth it.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:11 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We were having the same problem and discovered that our water pump was constantly running. If you have well water then I would have the pump checked. Now our bil is about 60 Euros every two months.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

I would say that something fishy is going on. My last electric bill was 107 euros and I use 3 aircon/ heaters at least a couple of hours a day. Get a private sparky to check it. :scared:
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by poollounger
If you are one of the lucky ones who have a bonafide meter, under no circumstances should you share or consider sharing it. If Endesa discover that a meter is providing other houses, irrespective of whether a sub meter is connected, the sub meter will be diconnected and if the sharing persists, the main meter will be removed as well. It is a breach of contract.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
If you are one of the lucky ones who have a bonafide meter, under no circumstances should you share or consider sharing it. If Endesa discover that a meter is providing other houses, irrespective of whether a sub meter is connected, the sub meter will be diconnected and if the sharing persists, the main meter will be removed as well. It is a breach of contract.

Cdl Is this true surely not. If it is in three weeks of intensive house hunting I have not seen one legal electric meter. Without exception all have been connected to another meter and most have been have been positioned inside the property. If this is so serious why is it not Endesa stopping it?. Looks like I have no choice but to move from the CDL if I want to stay within the law. :scared:
Old Feb 16th 2006, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Cdl Is this true surely not. If it is in three weeks of intensive house hunting I have not seen one legal electric meter. Without exception all have been connected to another meter and most have been have been positioned inside the property. If this is so serious why is it not Endesa stopping it?. Looks like I have no choice but to move from the CDL if I want to stay within the law. :scared:
I'm afraid it is true Mitsipurr. Why do you think meters are positioned inside houses.....so that Endesa cannot disconnect as it is illegal for them to enter a property without permission. Endesa have a team of people visiting areas disconnecting illegal supplys leaving many people (some of whom on this site probably have experience of) without electricity causing untold problems. If you are searching for property, do not buy anything that does not have a meter and ensure that any meter it does have is registered with Endesa and is not just a sub meter. You need to look at previous bills to confirm this. It is a massive problem here that is not going away, and whilst the wheels are turning, it is a slow and labour intensive process to rectify.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
I'm afraid it is true Mitsipurr. Why do you think meters are positioned inside houses.....so that Endesa cannot disconnect as it is illegal for them to enter a property without permission. Endesa have a team of people visiting areas disconnecting illegal supplys leaving many people (some of whom on this site probably have experience of) without electricity causing untold problems. If you are searching for property, do not buy anything that does not have a meter and ensure that any meter it does have is registered with Endesa and is not just a sub meter. You need to look at previous bills to confirm this. It is a massive problem here that is not going away, and whilst the wheels are turning, it is a slow and labour intensive process to rectify.
Thanks very much Cdl you have opened my eyes and that is for sure. I did suspect the answer you gave for the meters was for the reason you have given. However I have been told on numerous times by different agents that meters are put inside the property until the house is sold then the buider will draw up a contract in your name for Endesa and the meter will be moved to the outside by Endesa. Is this true Cdl or yet another bare-faced lie from the dreaded EA . I totally agree with you this is a massive problem that affects a lot of people which I feel really sorry for and nobody in authority is resolving.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Thanks very much Cdl you have opened my eyes and that is for sure. I did suspect the answer you gave for the meters was for the reason you have given. However I have been told on numerous times by different agents that meters are put inside the property until the house is sold then the buider will draw up a contract in your name for Endesa and the meter will be moved to the outside by Endesa. Is this true Cdl or yet another bare-faced lie from the dreaded EA . I totally agree with you this is a massive problem that affects a lot of people which I feel really sorry for and nobody in authority is resolving.
Well that is a new one on me !!!!
Meters should never be placed inside a property for any reason as the readings cannot be taken by Endesa staff and they have no access to their property. I would suspect this is a 'clouding of the truth' as once the property is yours, it is your problem. Please be very very careful, check, check and check again before you make any decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.