Chiclana

Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

irup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chiclana

OMG...Chiclana has a new association to combat it's problems
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:20 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chiclana

Originally Posted by irup
Well not EVERYONE in Chiclana has problems, but the association has been formed to help those who do and to pre-empt any other situations occuring.. Anyway what's so funny about it ??
Old Jan 19th 2008, 3:43 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

What's your problem?

If you know so much about it, then you will know why it was formed and who asked for it to be done. As poollounger has said not everyone is lucky enough to be problem free, and I do believe that there are the same problems all over Spain not just in Chiclana.

Some people have sawdust for brains
Old Jan 19th 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crispy
Some people have sawdust for brains
your probably right
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:19 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

your probably right
Yes, some people do have sawdust for brains and it's not Crispy!! Do you live in Chiclana? Do you live in a property that is illegal because unscrupulous estate agents, lawyers and notaries have duped you because you do not know the area, or the law? Are you without electricity and water, a basic human right? I don't fall into any of those categories, but friends of mine do. I sympathise with all who do and the new Association is intended to try and help them, and any other of us who have future problems with the authorities, for whatever reason.

JJ
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Bet you're glad you statred this thread now :curse:
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CDL Ben
Bet you're glad you statred this thread now :curse:
Jeeeeeeeez ur not wrong cdl ben
Just goes to show ....as soon as anyone has a comment that "A" person doesnt agree with they all jump on the friggin band wagon sayin "do you...bet you...how would you.." it goes on and on With ref to the BIG grin cant any body be excited about something good happening ..again with out friggin "do-gooders" jumping in and automatically thinking neg stuff?...i bet a lot of their "old neighbors" was glad to see the back of some of them :
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Just goes to show ....as soon as anyone has a comment that "A" person doesnt agree with they all jump on the friggin band wagon sayin "do you...bet you...how would you.." it goes on and on With ref to the BIG grin cant any body be excited about something good happening ..again with out friggin "do-gooders" jumping in and automatically thinking neg stuff?...i bet a lot of their "old neighbors" was glad to see the back of some of them :
Perhaps they thought your first post was just a little trollish with the ROTFLMAO smiley on it.
Its best just to lurk a bit to get to know on the site, then put a few feelers out before you upset people by posting weird stuff.
What did you think the replies were going to be like then ?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

elgallego is an unknown quantity at this point

You may find folks a bit sensitive 'til they get to know you....I think there is a lot of trouble around the area and some folks are down to their last nerve...
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:50 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Your 'Big Grin' is in fact roflmao, which people took to mean that you thought it was an amusing idea. Learning what the smilies actually mean would be a great start to your career on here. Your first post did seem to indicate that you thought it was a ludicrous idea. If that wasn't your intention, then I suggest that you think such comments through carefully BEFORE posting as ther are many members of this forum in that area that are sensitive to the areas problems
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:24 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
Yes, some people do have sawdust for brains and it's not Crispy!! Do you live in Chiclana? Do you live in a property that is illegal because unscrupulous estate agents, lawyers and notaries have duped you because you do not know the area, or the law? Are you without electricity and water, a basic human right? I don't fall into any of those categories, but friends of mine do. I sympathise with all who do and the new Association is intended to try and help them, and any other of us who have future problems with the authorities, for whatever reason.

JJ

I'm going to get my virtual ass kicked here.......

....but from what I know of the situation (and although not from there, I do know a bit about it and I'm not throwing out random comments) there was an incredible amount of naivety on the part of many foreigners who got sucked in. A lot of things were done that they would never have done in their home country and I'm sorry to say (here comes the ass kicking .... gulp) many were willing to accept things due to a preconcieved idea that the Spanish did things ..ahem..differently when in fact doing things properly and above all patiently (as they would have done back home) would have avoided the problem completely. In a lot of cases - not all I grant you - these preconcieved notions, the rush to get in, and yes, in some cases the greed, are all factors in the mess they now find themselves in.

I'm off to hide.........
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

I agree with Fortaleza. Chiclana in late 2003/mid 2004 was like a goldrush town with English arriving weekly in their hoards, many with a get rich quick attitude fuelled by TV programmes and rising house prices in UK. Building outstripped services and the term favela used by another poster is appropriate. Some people bought wisely, some less so. I remember conversations with newly arrived families who were amazed that we paid taxes, rates, electricity etc., boasting that they paid nothing at all. We watched them arrive; we watched them leave a year later, dreams broken.
Those that have stuck it out have mainly tried to integrate, learn Spanish etc. and love it here. Chiclana is improving tremendously year by year and services slowly are catching up with the rate of building growth. The move to live here is still the best decision I ever made for my family. However, I think it will prove to be my best financial decision in about five years´time when the Spanish economy recovers and the improved infrastructure attracts professional Spanish families. It´s future, IMHO, lies in the retention of its Spanish integrity so that it does not become "anywhere land" like the Costa de Sol and I would hate to see it become another little England.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

....but from what I know of the situation (and although not from there, I do know a bit about it and I'm not throwing out random comments) there was an incredible amount of naivety on the part of many foreigners who got sucked in. A lot of things were done that they would never have done in their home country and I'm sorry to say (here comes the ass kicking .... gulp) many were willing to accept things due to a preconcieved idea that the Spanish did things ..ahem..differently when in fact doing things properly and above all patiently (as they would have done back home) would have avoided the problem completely. In a lot of cases - not all I grant you - these preconcieved notions, the rush to get in, and yes, in some cases the greed, are all factors in the mess they now find themselves in.

I'm off to hide.........
You are right, at one time if you built a dodgy building you could just declare it pay a fine and then you had a legal home.''
There are still a lot of houses that have never had paperwork since they were built generations ago.
Somebody just forgot to tell everyone the rules had changed.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lis48
I agree with Fortaleza. Chiclana in late 2003/mid 2004 was like a goldrush town with English arriving weekly in their hoards, many with a get rich quick attitude fuelled by TV programmes and rising house prices in UK. Building outstripped services and the term favela used by another poster is appropriate. Some people bought wisely, some less so. I remember conversations with newly arrived families who were amazed that we paid taxes, rates, electricity etc., boasting that they paid nothing at all. We watched them arrive; we watched them leave a year later, dreams broken.
Those that have stuck it out have mainly tried to integrate, learn Spanish etc. and love it here. Chiclana is improving tremendously year by year and services slowly are catching up with the rate of building growth. The move to live here is still the best decision I ever made for my family. However, I think it will prove to be my best financial decision in about five years´time when the Spanish economy recovers and the improved infrastructure attracts professional Spanish families. It´s future, IMHO, lies in the retention of its Spanish integrity so that it does not become "anywhere land" like the Costa de Sol and I would hate to see it become another little England.
I do not believe professional Spanish families will ever move to Chiclana except for holiday homes and if you are going to wait five years in case this happens!!!!!!

Those of you who read www.mycadiz.biz will have noted that a lawyer has spoken to the head of Endessa locally and he is claiming that even though you may have a legal meter in 12 months or so this may be taken away from you unless you live on an urbanisation. This is a very scary thing to read.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

I'm off to hide.........
Some may be true, but this week, there have been major electricity cut offs. We have paid all amounts requested by the leccy company, but the council has decided to use this as a way to fund their urbanisation project. Therefore we have paid out in good faith, the leccy company has took our money in good faith and a third party has stepped in preventing us all to do what we want - to pay for our electricity!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.