Chiclana

Old Apr 23rd 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Chiclana

Possibly of interest.
Today, Sunday, I had a visit from two men from the Council telling me that I needed to pay my rubbish tax. They filled in a form stating that last years was due for 156 euros plus another 28 euros for the last two months and that it would then be due every other month. I don't mind paying but I thought this would have been included in my rates when the council eventually got around to telling us what they will be. At least it made us feel a little more legal!!!

Also Eroski is opening at Hipersol in May. I presume they will close at some stage for the change over. Champion is now closed and will re-open as Carrefour.

There is due to be a new roundabout on what we locally call the bumpy road between the Coca Cola factory and the road to Medina.

Today is horrible, feels like a wet Sunday at home but can't go to Marks to cheer myself up!
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 5:51 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chiclana

It's a wet Sunday here in London Glynis, and was so up in Leicester where I drove back from today. Hope it gets sunny next week when I get out on Weds. Have a garden to sort out !! A nice post to keep us upto date on happenings in Chiclana. I had an e-mail from another forumite who finally had a temporary legal meter saying her neighbours were cut off when she was there over Easter, as were others. Hope you are OK.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
It's a wet Sunday here in London Glynis, and was so up in Leicester where I drove back from today. Hope it gets sunny next week when I get out on Weds. Have a garden to sort out !! A nice post to keep us upto date on happenings in Chiclana. I had an e-mail from another forumite who finally had a temporary legal meter saying her neighbours were cut off when she was there over Easter, as were others. Hope you are OK.
But it's supposed to rain in the UK, it's not supposed to rain here!!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting about the cut offs, didn't know it had started again. Which area does the formite live in?

Also, to show the difference in Chiclana. We have just had a horse appear outside out house. We are a dead end and the grass has grown as "big as an elephant's eye" Think I've got that quote from Oklaholma right. So someone has decided to leave their horse there as a lawn mower. I think it's great, but, the cats and dog are very confused.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by glynis
Possibly of interest.
Today, Sunday, I had a visit from two men from the Council telling me that I needed to pay my rubbish tax. They filled in a form stating that last years was due for 156 euros plus another 28 euros for the last two months and that it would then be due every other month. I don't mind paying but I thought this would have been included in my rates when the council eventually got around to telling us what they will be. At least it made us feel a little more legal!!!

Also Eroski is opening at Hipersol in May. I presume they will close at some stage for the change over. Champion is now closed and will re-open as Carrefour.

There is due to be a new roundabout on what we locally call the bumpy road between the Coca Cola factory and the road to Medina.

Today is horrible, feels like a wet Sunday at home but can't go to Marks to cheer myself up!
To briefly answer the question, bin collection is not included in the rates which you pay the council every year and is actually managed and carried out by Chiclana Natural, the water company. The cost you mention seems about right, but I'm surprised they are catching up with people as many get away with not paying and everyone else seems to subsidise those who don't. It's is a good 'feather in the cap' however if you are living in or have an illegal build for obvious reasons, so worth investigating.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:13 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Interesting about the cut offs, didn't know it had started again. Which area does the formite live in?

Also, to show the difference in Chiclana. We have just had a horse appear outside out house. We are a dead end and the grass has grown as "big as an elephant's eye" Think I've got that quote from Oklaholma right. So someone has decided to leave their horse there as a lawn mower. I think it's great, but, the cats and dog are very confused.
I believe she is on the edge of Sancti Petri. It sound great..a horse rather than a Flymo...either that or you've been at the Cava again.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poollounger
I believe she is on the edge of Sancti Petri. It sound great..a horse rather than a Flymo...either that or you've been at the Cava again.
Drink would never touch my lips! It has difficulty as it goes down the throat too fast!

Did anyone read in the Euro Weekly News that drug smugglers have been bringing in drugs at Sancti Petri?
Old Apr 25th 2006, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Chiclana

Sorry Glynis, its the 'corn that's as high as an elephant's eye'
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by susique
Sorry Glynis, its the 'corn that's as high as an elephant's eye'
Corn/grass what's the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Corn/grass what's the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aargh, youm'baint a faarmer then! (I know I probably spelt all that wrong but you get my drift)....
Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

I saw Sevillana cutting off supplies in Las Veguetas on the Wednesday before Easter. They were removing the fuses from the poles, not just cutting the wires.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dazzle
I saw Sevillana cutting off supplies in Las Veguetas on the Wednesday before Easter. They were removing the fuses from the poles, not just cutting the wires.
Things just got worse too......Endesa have been found out by the Coucil for supplying meters to unlicenced house via a loophole in the law. They have now closed (or are closing) the hole and it looks like from the end of this year (or before if we are unlucky) that Endesa will no longer accept applications, be able to provide meters or do anything else regarding the supply of meters. Thank your lucky stars if you have one, and if you don't get your application in ASAP (success not guaranteed.)
Old May 6th 2006, 6:34 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
Things just got worse too......Endesa have been found out by the Coucil for supplying meters to unlicenced house via a loophole in the law. They have now closed (or are closing) the hole and it looks like from the end of this year (or before if we are unlucky) that Endesa will no longer accept applications, be able to provide meters or do anything else regarding the supply of meters. Thank your lucky stars if you have one, and if you don't get your application in ASAP (success not guaranteed.)
Why are the council stopping people from getting legal meters.
Old May 6th 2006, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Why are the council stopping people from getting legal meters.
Because the houses were built without the permits required (by law) to obtain electricity. In other words, they're illegally built!
Old May 6th 2006, 7:43 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by dazzle
Because the houses were built without the permits required (by law) to obtain electricity. In other words, they're illegally built!
Thanks for your reply dazzle,so did these properties that, dont have meters go through the notarys office when they were sold.
Old May 6th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes of course and buyers used a Solicitor and many obtained a spanish mortgages on them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.