Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cheaper than Telefonica?

Cheaper than Telefonica?

Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:00 am
Just Joined

hatters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheaper than Telefonica?

My first post, so be gentle with me!! I've just been told about btlink. They claim to have cheaper call charges and ADSL access than Telefonica, although you still have to pay the Telefonica line rental. Does anyone have any experience of them, good or bad?

Please don`t post promotional URL`s. SITE RULES rule 8. thanks jdr (mod)

Last edited by jdr; Jun 4th 2007 at 11:05 am.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Cheaper than Telefonica?

Originally Posted by hatters
My first post, so be gentle with me!! I've just been told about btlink. They claim to have cheaper call charges and ADSL access than Telefonica, although you still have to pay the Telefonica line rental. Does anyone have any experience of them, good or bad?

Please don`t post promotional URL`s. SITE RULES rule 8. thanks jdr (mod)
Sorry, no advertising intended. I just want to know if anyone has had any dealings with them.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, no advertising intended. I just want to know if anyone has had any dealings with them.
No problem.
I think most people use Telefonica as the lesser of two evils, if you had BT and had a problem you would still need Telefonica to sort it and they don`t go a lot on people stealing their trade, so it could be put on the bottom of the list.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
No problem.
I think most people use Telefonica as the lesser of two evils, if you had BT and had a problem you would still need Telefonica to sort it and they don`t go a lot on people stealing their trade, so it could be put on the bottom of the list.
OK, thanks for that. Anyone else had any experiences with them?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:34 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly getting cheaper adsl and actually getting it are two totally different things here ......... I could have got far cheaper than Telefonica, but when I went to the company involved they told me that they could give no time span for how long AND if they would be able to supply me.

The reason? They were having difficulty getting Telefonica to communicate with them ... they couldn't get the lines.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Possibly getting cheaper adsl and actually getting it are two totally different things here ......... I could have got far cheaper than Telefonica, but when I went to the company involved they told me that they could give no time span for how long AND if they would be able to supply me.

The reason? They were having difficulty getting Telefonica to communicate with them ... they couldn't get the lines.
OK, I'm confused now! Was it btlink that you went to?

I've been told by someone who's just transferred that it was done with no problem using the existing line, so I'm hoping that someone else who has dealt with btlink (is that part of the UK BT?) can describe their experience.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:51 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Best going direct to telefonica over here... hard enough getting a phone line.

Last edited by Fuzzlepop; Jun 4th 2007 at 4:56 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

NicholasHuelva is an unknown quantity at this point

Telefonica is crap, but less crap than everybody else, who gives you low cost and bad service. Wannadooooo was the deception of the year, when they told us that our new wireless connection could not work because our computer was too new!!????
They are the same company that has a call-center that insults you and hang up on you when you tell them that you do not want their product.

Go telefonica and be half as disappointed.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

I've yet to hear of anyone getting a better service than Telefonica.
Thats not to say Telefonica are any good they are just better than all the rest.
We are in Extremadura and have to say we can't complain about the service Telefonica have provided. Thats not the general feeling, so I gather.
But hey, if you would like to be the Guinea Pig for BTlink then go for it! We will all be very interested in how you get on.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I'm confused now! Was it btlink that you went to?

I've been told by someone who's just transferred that it was done with no problem using the existing line, so I'm hoping that someone else who has dealt with btlink (is that part of the UK BT?) can describe their experience.

It is BT, yes ... the same BT that were going to go into partnership with Telefonica with mobiles.
I was going to use Moraira Digital who were far cheaper on ADSL and on phone calls. But they couldn't offer me a service as TF wouldn't talk to them. Plus, when something goes wrong ... who you gonna call. Its difficult enough getting through to Telefonica and fault finding. In fact in the UK you have the same problem with BT and third party adsl.
I'd take the easy road if I were you
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

I have adsl through a local company "dragonet" (who use telephonica line.) I ring them if I have adsl probs and they fix it.
I have the btlink for cheaper long distance calls and the billing etc is all clear
have routed all my calls through them so my bill from telefonica is only line rental now. All going ok.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by searcher48
I have adsl through a local company "dragonet" (who use telephonica line.) I ring them if I have adsl probs and they fix it.
I have the btlink for cheaper long distance calls and the billing etc is all clear
have routed all my calls through them so my bill from telefonica is only line rental now. All going ok.
How much do you pay for a UK call with BTlink ?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

3.3c + iva but no charge to establish call.
http://www.lunadecos.com/btvoz.htm
I use skype for alot of my calls now
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by searcher48
3.3c + iva but no charge to establish call.
http://www.lunadecos.com/btvoz.htm
I use skype for alot of my calls now
Thats slightly over 1 cent a minute cheaper than Telefonica then, but all local calls are free. ;-)
Old Jun 21st 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down Re: Cheaper than Telefonica?

Hi Mr Eddie here

I agree with sticking to Telefonica for ADSL. I enquired about ADSL from Europa Network and had my calls through them, they then decided to migrate me without me even telling them to do so. Not happy as I need ADSL to work, to top it all off they said that I did apply for it and it was my word against theres, now I'm stuck with them for now as I could be down for at least a week if i decide to migrate to someone else. Don't touch Europa Network with a Barge pole.

Right thats that off my chest, back to BT.

I am with BT for my calls and they appear to be fine and cheaper than Europa and most other 3rd parties, something to do with the lines being installed by BT years ago.

Had to call there support centre and got through to someone English speaking and was very professional.

If your living in the Gandia area then I believe there are some WIFI aerials in various locations which covers a good part of the town, all for free. There is a site that you can go to but don't think I'm supposed to put it on here is that correct?

Anyways....steer clear of Europa Network!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.