The Chateau

Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:24 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default The Chateau

For those of you who tend not to go out much and watch a lot of television you may have remembered a programme called The Chateau or A hotel in Slovakia. I think it was a type of No Going Back tale of David a bald put upon chap and his evil spendthrift wife anyway the programme went on for several episodes but never told you if the hotel was ever finished and did they make a go of it........ Well here is the website for the finished hotel....http://www.thechateau.sk/contact.html

A very strange thing about the whole business their names do not appear anywhere on the Website and I am sure the wife was such a battleaxe she would have made sure her name was all over the place. I suspect this was another of channel fours suspicious Real Life......... Constructed ...programmes when the truth is never revealed.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jun 20th 2008 at 8:27 am.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:29 am

Default Re: The Chateau

Please pop this in Siesta Time many thanks
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:45 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
For those of you who tend not to go out much and watch a lot of television you may have remembered a programme called The Chateau or A hotel in Slovakia. I think it was a type of No Going Back tale of David a bald put upon chap and his evil spendthrift wife anyway the programme went on for several episodes but never told you if the hotel was ever finished and did they make a go of it........ Well here is the website for the finished hotel....http://www.thechateau.sk/contact.html

A very strange thing about the whole business their names do not appear anywhere on the Website and I am sure the wife was such a battleaxe she would have made sure her name was all over the place. I suspect this was another of channel fours suspicious Real Life......... Constructed ...programmes when the truth is never revealed.

Hiya PnB
I thought they had been bought out - i remember something about them getting a really good offer that they said they couldnt turn down????? I may be wrong - but there was something - she was a bit of a strong character but he was a lazy git - he dint want to do anything and they rubbed some of the locals up the wrong way and they spoiled there opening night didnt they.
Something happened to the dogs as well if i remember correctly or did they find them again - their outdoor furniture got knicked as well - god i really must get a life
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:58 pm

I think you should get a key cut and get out of your Chateau a little more Sam

Whoever bought it has spent squillions on it and its really cheap to stay there. I don't think there is much to do in the lo cal but if you were hold up say with Penny Smith or Agyness Deyn for two weeks I could think of a lot worse places to stay.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jun 20th 2008 at 4:02 pm.