Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Changing U.K. licence for Spanish -

Changing U.K. licence for Spanish -

Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Default Re: Changing U.K. licence for Spanish -

Good response there Fred !!
Cool - I will have them ship it to USA for me..Calling them up tomorrow.

P.S: Some people could use your scanned picture for naughty purposes / best remove
P.P.S:Good to see what 'one should look like" though.

Awsome follow through peeps

DSB.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
Good response there Fred !!
Cool - I will have them ship it to USA for me..Calling them up tomorrow.

P.S: Some people could use your scanned picture for naughty purposes / best remove
P.P.S:Good to see what 'one should look like" though.

Awsome follow through peeps

DSB.
Hi bealerDSB Glad you find it usefull

Thanks for your concern

I have modified the image a little more.

However I never lived at that address which could not be traced from the information shown, although someone with local knowledge may have made an intelligent guess.

I have now removed the dates which only prove I'm an old codger
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Hi bealerDSB Glad you find it usefull

Thanks for your concern

I have modified the image a little more.

However I never lived at that address which could not be traced from the information shown, although someone with local knowledge may have made an intelligent guess.

I have now removed the dates which only prove I'm an old codger
Hey there Fred,
Your most welcome

The older the wiser, as they say..
I'm nearly wiser, but getting older faster..

Cheers;
DSB.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry came to this thread a bit late,
I'm a bit confused or maybe the law has changed since I did mine.
Some 5 years ago I took my UK license to Trafico with the relevant forms and they registered my UK license here, printing my NIE on the reverse of it.
The Guardia accept this no probs.
Therefore has the law changed for all this talk of having to exchange and surrender???
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:56 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Sorry came to this thread a bit late,
I'm a bit confused or maybe the law has changed since I did mine.
Some 5 years ago I took my UK license to Trafico with the relevant forms and they registered my UK license here, printing my NIE on the reverse of it.
The Guardia accept this no probs.
Therefore has the law changed for all this talk of having to exchange and surrender???
No, you dont have to change / surrender. Neither do you have to register your UK licence with Traffico
The choice is yours, but bear in mind that your UK picture licence will expire every 10 years, and you will need to be able to renew it (UK address required)
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No, you dont have to change / surrender. Neither do you have to register your UK licence with Traffico
The choice is yours, but bear in mind that your UK picture licence will expire every 10 years, and you will need to be able to renew it (UK address required)
Blimey I'm living in the past. I thought license was like old type and expired when life did,so to speak. Had no idea new ones were only for ten years.
Thanks for that top tip, I'd never have known.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey I'm living in the past. I thought license was like old type and expired when life did,so to speak. Had no idea new ones were only for ten years.
Thanks for that top tip, I'd never have known.
Look at the front of your card. There is an expiry date on it. A lot are coming up for renewal over the next few years, mines in 2013 I think
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

mines in 2013 I think
Ditto. they'll probably change the rules again by then.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditto. they'll probably change the rules again by then.
UPDATE:

I just called DVLA 10minutes ago.
5pounds all in, got the D737 being AirPosted today to the States for me.

P.S: Inside all the voice options I heard "the man" say

"To renew your 10 year photo" press ***.

Anways - I'm good.
Waiting on the New Year to visit Spain to get my Spanish License.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:00 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BealerDSB,

You may have blanked out your date of birth but from the information given I calculate you passed your test aged 19 years !!!

You may like to blank out a little more (expiry dates)

Davexf
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: Changing U.K. licence for Spanish -

All,
Just received my D737 Form, Form was shipped from DVLA June 9th 2009 and got to me in 15days. A few changes from Freds it seems.

But, wait for it - PLEASE NOTE the NEW BOX about the Photo ID
(Areas blanked for obvious reasons & typed over for a safe Forum Use)

Anyways - Cheers;
DSB
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
scan.pdf (183.9 KB, 384 views)
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:37 am
Senior Moment

All,
Just received my D737 Form, Form was shipped from DVLA June 9th 2009 and got to me in 15days. A few changes from Freds it seems.

But, wait for it - PLEASE NOTE the NEW BOX about the Photo ID
(Areas blanked for obvious reasons & typed over for a safe Forum Use)

Anyways - Cheers;
DSB
You mean about the expiry dates?
Yes, photocard licences expire every 10 years
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

You mean about the expiry dates?
Yes, photocard licences expire every 10 years
Indeed - just pointing out that the new D737 now shows the actual initial date the photo is due to expire and thereafter every 10yr..

As some people did not know about this, thought I'd mention it again.

DSB.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:25 am
Senior Moment

Indeed - just pointing out that the new D737 now shows the actual initial date the photo is due to expire and thereafter every 10yr..

As some people did not know about this, thought I'd mention it again.

DSB.
The dates are actually printed on the front of all photocard licences, but I agree a lot of people dont know about it
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:41 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I believe the photo licence last for ten years unti you are aged 45, it lasts for five years until you are aged 70, and only for two years thereafter

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.