Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Changing Resedency card for TIE

Changing Resedency card for TIE

Old Aug 5th 2021, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing Resedency card for TIE

We are off to Seville later this month to change our residency card for TIE, We have followed all of the instructions , filled in all of the forms, ticked the boxes ( hopefully in the right places) and paid taxes. Remembering the nightmare when we applied for our residency, and I was asked to produce the original papers from when we opened our Spanish Bank account ( which luckily I had taken with me) Has anyone been asked for additional paperwork? or should I just take everythying!
Pete
Old Aug 5th 2021, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing Resedency card for TIE

Always take everything and photocopies - but mine and all of my friends (OK mainly Alicante province) have been straightforward.

Good luck.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

It was very straight forward when I did mine at Málaga. They didn't put any extra hurdles in place or ask for anything extra.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

My in laws did theirs last month, and apart from being asked if they had moved (the Padron they have is over 10 years old) nothing was needed after the paperwork was filed.

Don't forget to take your green card with you, because they did ask to see that (and they then take it from you when you pick up your TIE)
Old Aug 5th 2021, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

We changed our green (permanent) residency cards to TIE last month and only needed application, passport and green residency cards. Nothing else was asked for.

Steve
Old Aug 6th 2021, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Having filled out the downloaded form (called Modelo 790) I had to make an appointment online ("cita previa") in the Bilbao police station (policia).
Documents needed were original NIE, an up to date photo, & padron. Then told to go to any bank to pay the €12. The bank stamped it & I returned to the police HQ.
I was then told me to make another appointment online in about 6 weeks' time & come to collect the TIE.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 7:42 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retired in Euskadi
Having filled out the downloaded form (called Modelo 790) I had to make an appointment online ("cita previa") in the Bilbao police station (policia).
Documents needed were original NIE, an up to date photo, & padron. Then told to go to any bank to pay the €12. The bank stamped it & I returned to the police HQ.
I was then told me to make another appointment online in about 6 weeks' time & come to collect the TIE.

Why NIE and not residency card/document?
Old Aug 6th 2021, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Barriej
Don't forget to take your green card with you, because they did ask to see that (and they then take it from you when you pick up your TIE)
I did mine in Seville in March. When I pitched up to collect the new card without my green residency form the guy asked for it but when I looked blank and shrugged my shoulders he just waved his hand, said "never mind" and gave me the card!
Old Aug 6th 2021, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Tebo53 - What about your photo?
Old Aug 6th 2021, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

We exchanged ours in Málaga earlier this year and it was very straightforward. I had lost my original green card but had filed a denuncia at our local CNP so took that along and it was accepted without question. We had moved house but had updated our residencia details at the CNP previously so did not have to provide a new padrón certificate. So all that was needed were our passports plus copy, new photos and the Modelo 790s to show we'd paid the fee, plus my husband's original green card.

Good luck.
Old Aug 6th 2021, 9:47 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

It's a simple exchange as others have said - passport + copy, green cert, padrón + copy if you've moved, photo, tasa 790/012.
Old Aug 14th 2021, 10:33 am
Just Joined

rainydays76 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did this in July in Córdoba. I needed my NIE & passport. They asked for the Padron but I didn´t have a recent version as I´d recently moved. The woman didn´t seem bothered and just issued the card in my old address and told me to change it when the card came through (as with all admin things in Spain, it probably depends on who you get and what mood they woke up in that particular morning). I had to wait 3 weeks for the card and collect it from the office again, I don´t think they will send it, although in my case that was a moot point anyway as it was issued to my old address. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 14th 2021, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

From Uk Embassy Madrid -

At the beginning of June, more than 150,000 UK Nationals had applied for their Withdrawal Agreement TIE - that's both those swapping from the green certificate, as well as brand new applicants. If you're not one of them, both we and the Spanish Government recommend doing so as soon as you can. It explicitly states your rights under the Withdrawal Agreement. It makes day-to-day administrative processes, including the border crossing, easier. It's got your photo on it, it's more recognisable and it's more durable. For more details about how to apply or exchange see the Spanish Government's Q&A: https://www.inclusion.gob.es/.../guia_brexit_2020_en.pdf.
Old Aug 15th 2021, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Why NIE and not residency card/document?
For myself and my 2 year old son, they needed the NIE also.
Old Aug 15th 2021, 8:24 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breakfasttea
For myself and my 2 year old son, they needed the NIE also.

Not true as it'#s on the residency card/certificate and that is just as valid.