Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Changing address issues

Changing address issues

Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Emma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to all
Default Changing address issues

Hi all,

Me again asking for help :-)

I´ve lived out of Marbella for 18 months now, but still have everything under my old address as my Mum took over my apartment, she has now moved so I need to change my address on everything....

I have applied for 2 government grants and don't want to rock the boat, hence why I haven't changed anything to my new address - I want everything to stay under Marbella....

Luckily Mum is still in Marbella, so I can use her new address, but where do I start?

Everything in Spanish, so I need to change the address on;

My residencia (NIE)
My social security details
My driving license
My car registration details, car tax etc.
plus whatever else I've forgotten!

OMG as I am writing this, I am seeing complications already!
OK have just emailed the grant office to see if the change of address would have any implications on my grant request...

not sure what to do now!

anyway, where do I go to change the address on the above?

would I have to change doctors? (don't want to)

am confused!

ps; Yes I always ramble on like this!

Just remembered another issue; my OH owns his house, would me changing everything to his address, affect anything for him? His mortgage or IBI or anything?? Does anything depend on the amount of people in the house?like UK council tax? Or does it all just go on the property?

Last edited by Emma-Louise; Jun 15th 2010 at 10:48 am.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Emma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to all
Default Re: Changing address issues

help?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:52 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily Mum is still in Marbella, so I can use her new address, but where do I start?
Maybe with changing your documents one at a time.

anyway, where do I go to change the address on the above?
My residencia (NIE)
- Local Police Station.
My social security details
- The local SS office.
My driving license
- Local Trafico office.
My car registration details, car tax etc
. – see above
plus whatever else I've forgotten!
– got no idea as I don’t know what else you are registered with or for.
would I have to change doctors?
It depends you have to ask the local health centre where you are registered if they cover the area of your new address.

Just remembered another issue; my OH owns his house, would me changing everything to his address, affect anything for him?
Now I am confused are you saying the house your mum is moving too, and presumably you too, is owned by your hubby?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

My Mum is still in Marbella my OH is in Manilva....I haven't lived with Mum for years but she moved into my old apartment in Marbella so I never bothered to change my address on anything....now as she is moving I should really change everything to where I live

I have been living in Manilva for 18 months but just didn't get round to changing my address as it was easier to keep everything under Marbella (I applied for government grants, am still getting stamps at the dole office, am under going platelet treatment with my dr etc)......

I've spoken to the grant people and the dole people and the worst case scenario is that I now have to go through Estepona offices rather than Marbella, but it should be just a simple change of address.....

The dr? I don't know, they'll probably kick me out and make me sign with the Sabinillas doctors.....

Am busy setting up a new business in Manilva, so will be going autonoma soon, so should really come clean and get my ass in gear and get it all changed, but it is so daunting!

Ok... I am rambling again......can you tell I feel a bit over-whelmed!

Social security and residencia - should I change my address at the offices/police station in Manilva or Marbella?

Traffico, can the driving license stuff, car registration doc etc be done by post?

Officially moving into my OH's house, does this affect him at all? Any extra taxes, charges, etc that we should be aware of, or is the IBI etc, based on the property, not according to who is living there?

Think that is all!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

fawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nice

Hi, you can't change your driving licence or vehicle registration by post, sorry. Got to Trafico and do it there at once.

As for Social Security you can do it online at https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/Sede_...dadanos/130800 but only if you have a digital certificate. Otherwise you can do it too when you register as self-employed (autonomo).

One important thing in Spain is that if you want to change your address in any document issued by the police -national ID card and passport for Spanish citizens or registration certificate for EU/EEA nationals- they will ask to see a "certificado de empadronamiento" issued by your local council, so in the first place go to your new local council, register there as resident and get a "cretificado de empadronamiento".

Trafico may also ask to see the "certificado".

Regards

Francis
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Excellent advice, thanks Francis,

but noooooooooooooooooo not Malaga! I just know that is going to be a nightmare!

Was looking at the social website and both them and trafico want the certifcado de em........

When I go to my local office in my new area, will the new application cancel out the certificate that I had in my old area? I cannot remember what I needed to take with me to get that certificate, any advice?

Am also looking into this certificate thingy as my careers adviser mentioned it also...
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

fawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nice

For the empadronamiento, if you are in a rented flat, you need the rental agreement, if it is your own, I believe a receipt of council tax will do. Anyway ask them as it is different in every council.

I have posted in your other thread about CERES.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Francis,

It is my boyfriends house, so nothing in my name except the phone line....
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

No problem, if he is registered there, he can usually go with you or write a letter.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Was one of the grants you applied for the CICE one? I entered my application in the convocatoria in July last year and got my letter of acceptance last month. They tell me the money will be in my bank account in about 30 days.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi Veleta, which one is the CICE? I applied for the women only one and the CADE autonoma one...
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Emma-Louise
Hi Veleta, which one is the CICE? I applied for the women only one and the CADE autonoma one...
It's the one for autonomos. I'm still waiting to hear back about the women only one.