Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Certificate of entitlement

Certificate of entitlement

Old Jan 8th 2024, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Linda00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certificate of entitlement

I had been living in Spain a few years had. Spanish driving license but I had it stolen reported it to Spanish police, now I’m in UK wanting to get UK license back, but they say I need a certificate of entitlement ? Any idea how I can get this and where from. As I say I’m not in Spain so where can I email to get this?
Old Jan 8th 2024, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificate of entitlement

Originally Posted by Linda00
I had been living in Spain a few years had. Spanish driving license but I had it stolen reported it to Spanish police, now I’m in UK wanting to get UK license back, but they say I need a certificate of entitlement ? Any idea how I can get this and where from. As I say I’m not in Spain so where can I email to get this?
Basically it is details of your driving licence validity, points, classes etc

Start with DGT . In theory they have a phone number which you can ring from abroad +34 902 887 060.
Alternatively go to their website and look up personal details
https://www.dgt.es/inicio/
Nuestros servicios
Permisos de conducir
Informacion de tu permisos y puntos.

Old Jan 9th 2024, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificate of entitlement

To access that site you will need either a digital certificate or a (the) Spanish mobile phone number you have registered with them to receive a PIN number.

A CoE is a document the country which issued your current licence (Spain) provide to another country (UK) in order to show that you are entitled to be holding that licence and not disqualified.

Normally DVLA would acquire that themselves using the information and numbers from your Spanish licence but absent that they cannot thus they are putting the onus on you to provide it.

Assuming you do have an electronic certificate or a Spanish phone number to expand on the previous post here are the full steps.

https://www.dgt.es/inicio/
Nuestros servicios