Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Central Heating installers in Malaga Province

Central Heating installers in Malaga Province

Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Heating installers in Malaga Province

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I have GCH fed by the large gas bombonas . Was already installed when we bought the villa. It is costly and not very efficient, still have woodburners too! A neighbour has a gas tank built below his garden but I wouldn't trust that, equally you could have an oil tank built, would be costly though.

A friend got workers out from the UK when he refurbished his villa. They brought their families and stayed there for months. We used to scoff when he was having everything done a la UK. but he must have the warmest house in Spain Well, the warmest I have visited.
Bottled gas /eletric heating is very very expensive both in Spain and the UK , diesel/heating oil seems to be the way to go.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Macman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant future

Has anyone considered using solar heating? I've fitted a couple of radiators and will soon be coupling them up to a home made solar panel. The idea is that the sun will warm the house during the day and retain a lot of the heat after sunset. The house faces north so does not receive any sunlight directly through the windows.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:41 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, let us know. Most spanish houses are so badly insulated that they only retain heat for about 10 mins
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Macman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant future

Guess I'm lucky as the house seems to hold the heat very well. I fitted a small wood burner and after using it during the day and evening the next morning the living room is still 20c.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macman
Guess I'm lucky as the house seems to hold the heat very well. I fitted a small wood burner and after using it during the day and evening the next morning the living room is still 20c.
20c is cold for me.lol
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

And me! That's why I've fitted radiators. Hate the cold more than paying taxes!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:53 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Anyone had oilfired CH fitted ? Any problems ? How much did you pay and for how many rads?
We have C/Heating (Gasoil fired) and is very reliable since we have been here (6 years)
Our villa is 6 bed (3 up, 3 down) and we burn about 600 litres per winter on average.
Think ? the previous owner paid about 4k for the system fitted.
Rads seem to be expensive here compared to the UK looking in Leroy's/Brico etc.
Oil deposito is 600lit plastic type you see everyware with the steel cage around it & is covered by the regs etc.

Last edited by VFR; Jan 21st 2010 at 6:56 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
We have C/Heating (Gasoil fired) and is very reliable since we have been here (6 years)
Our villa is 6 bed (3 up, 3 down) and we burn about 600 litres per winter on average.
Think ? the previous owner paid about 4k for the system fitted.
Rads seem to be expensive here compared to the UK looking in Leroy's/Brico etc.
Oil deposito is 600lit plastic type you see everyware with the steel cage around it & is covered by the regs etc.
Is yours a modern property? & How many rooms total/how many rads? I know you can't speak for the previous owner, but to your knowledge was the 4k all-in, tank (bunded?? would have to be in UK) rads, pipework, boiler, making good plasterwork, etc., ??
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:24 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Is yours a modern property? & How many rooms total/how many rads? I know you can't speak for the previous owner, but to your knowledge was the 4k all-in, tank (bunded?? would have to be in UK) rads, pipework, boiler, making good plasterwork, etc., ??
Built in the 70's and strangly it has cavity walls (rare here I know)
About ?? 10/12 rads and I am looking to add one more in our what was an open terrace area.
Tank lives in the boiler room and is quite legal here in Spain.
Yes I belive that the cost was all in, mind you that was fitted about 10 years ago !
Upstairs where we live I fitted laminate flooring through out, with the best under liner available to help keep it nicer underfoot (works ok)
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Built in the 70's and strangly it has cavity walls (rare here I know)
About ?? 10/12 rads and I am looking to add one more in our what was an open terrace area.
Tank lives in the boiler room and is quite legal here in Spain.
Yes I belive that the cost was all in, mind you that was fitted about 10 years ago !
Upstairs where we live I fitted laminate flooring through out, with the best under liner available to help keep it nicer underfoot (works ok)
Sounds cosy.... tells the tale of why owners of old properties such as ourselves find it a frightening prospect to retro-install CH. Yours in a fairly modern build may have cost 4-5k€. 80% of our walls are stone, some very thick, and I'd be reluctant to install surface pipework hence requiring loads of cutting out/in & weeks of mess not to mention €€€€€€€€! For boiler, tank, plus 13 rads (which I think we'd be looking at) I hate to think the final bill. Mind you it might pay for itself somewhere down the line when house purchases pick up And for anyone who sees this as moaning about something we should have thought of, well actually yes maybe we should have thought of it, but it's not moaning, it's thinking out loud
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:07 am
Just Joined

chris52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I have GCH fed by the large gas bombonas . Was already installed when we bought the villa. It is costly and not very efficient, still have woodburners too! A neighbour has a gas tank built below his garden but I wouldn't trust that, equally you could have an oil tank built, would be costly though.

A friend got workers out from the UK when he refurbished his villa. They brought their families and stayed there for months. We used to scoff when he was having everything done a la UK. but he must have the warmest house in Spain Well, the warmest I have visited.
I know a Dutch company and they work with condensing boilers, heatpumps ect. They also sell Dru gasfires. They worked in Comares and Colmenar and friends of my are very happy with them.
The name is Clima-estepona and you find them in Estepona. Google on clima estepona
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris52
I know a Dutch company and they work with condensing boilers, heatpumps ect. They also sell Dru gasfires. They worked in Comares and Colmenar and friends of my are very happy with them.
The name is Clima-estepona and you find them in Estepona. Google on clima estepona
Thanks.... doesn't solve the problem of retro-installation in an old stone property, but it's worth knowing a local company anyway.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

I guess retro fitting isn't too good an idea, luckily most of my pipework will be hidden when I fit built in wardrobes.