Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Central Heating installers in Malaga Province

Central Heating installers in Malaga Province

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:29 am
Just Joined

brickwork is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Central Heating installers in Malaga Province

Can anyone give me names and contact details - email preferably - for good installers of wet heating systems in the inland area of Malaga province as I will need something more than air con next winter
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Heating installers in Malaga Province

Originally Posted by brickwork
Can anyone give me names and contact details - email preferably - for good installers of wet heating systems in the inland area of Malaga province as I will need something more than air con next winter
I'm not overly surprised no-one's come back to you - 'proper' central heating is thin on the ground in this neck of the woods. Will be watching with you to hear of anyone!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 6:27 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I'm not overly surprised no-one's come back to you - 'proper' central heating is thin on the ground in this neck of the woods. Will be watching with you to hear of anyone!

I'm doing the same Fiona lol!!! (is this a business opportunity???)

Jo xxx
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
I'm doing the same Fiona lol!!! (is this a business opportunity???)

Jo xxx
I've often said to anyone who'll listen that a RELIABLE (YES I'M SHOUTING) plumber could clean up (ho ho ho) and anyone who comes up with a decent back boiler for a decent wood burner and/or decent rads/micro bore piping & installation would be on to a winner. You got any funds to invest to make our millions?
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 7:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Not even punters to make it worthwhile.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Surely someone must have grabbed the opportunity to do a propper job and install real heating systems, after all it does get cold inland?
Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I considered installing central heating some years ago.
However in a UK house with wooden floorboards the pipe runs are easy to install / hide.
Here with solid / marble floors the costs escalate.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Dear Fred,
What if any alternative did you opt for? Whilst I understand the problem I am not sure why the cost should increase as all they have to do is run it neatly on top of the skirting tiles which most properties have.
I would be happy with just downstairs as convection would take care of the upstairs.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brickwork
Dear Fred,
What if any alternative did you opt for? Whilst I understand the problem I am not sure why the cost should increase as all they have to do is run it neatly on top of the skirting tiles which most properties have.
I would be happy with just downstairs as convection would take care of the upstairs.
You also have to cross doorways.

I now have a woodburner and reverse cycle aircon
Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:41 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Isn't water and lack of it an issue.

I have friends in northern Spain who have a full wet central heating system feed by Natural Gas piped into the property similar to the UK.

Although they complain it is expensive to run.

Southern Spain I have no idea if its a culture issue or an engineering issue.

Spain is not new to gas, so I'm figuring its a cost or logistical issue rather than somebody not thinking of ideas.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Isn't water and lack of it an issue.

I have friends in northern Spain who have a full wet central heating system feed by Natural Gas piped into the property similar to the UK.

Although they complain it is expensive to run.

Southern Spain I have no idea if its a culture issue or an engineering issue.

Spain is not new to gas, so I'm figuring its a cost or logistical issue rather than somebody not thinking of ideas.
Actually, piped gas is a rarity in Spain. Certainly outside the main cities

The people I know who have central heating outside of the cities use oil/fuel burners attached to the central heating network. These are available just about everywhere, although I've been told to expect to go through a lot of fuel if you have a big house i.e. they are expensive.

A lot of village houses in the North have an agger burner which while making delicious food can also be used to heat the house
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:21 am
Just Joined

madlass is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just been given this link from a fellow member of Expats (which I just joined yesterday in the hope of finding someone to suggest where my husband could search for a plumbing job).
My husband would love to help unfortunately we are stuck in cold, wet and miserable Hampshire
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by madlass
I've just been given this link from a fellow member of Expats (which I just joined yesterday in the hope of finding someone to suggest where my husband could search for a plumbing job).
My husband would love to help unfortunately we are stuck in cold, wet and miserable Hampshire
Welcome! Hope you have some luck; unfortunately the only plumbers I know here who don't return to England for other contract work are either doing other building type stuff as well to make a living or are local Spanish.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone had oilfired CH fitted ? Any problems ? How much did you pay and for how many rads?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:06 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I have GCH fed by the large gas bombonas . Was already installed when we bought the villa. It is costly and not very efficient, still have woodburners too! A neighbour has a gas tank built below his garden but I wouldn't trust that, equally you could have an oil tank built, would be costly though.

A friend got workers out from the UK when he refurbished his villa. They brought their families and stayed there for months. We used to scoff when he was having everything done a la UK. but he must have the warmest house in Spain Well, the warmest I have visited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.