Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Central Heating Boiler

Central Heating Boiler

Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Central Heating Boiler

I have a Valliant combination central heating boiler which I have ust had to have repaired due to a leak.

I called out Sertec via the Valliant shop in Benitachell On Friday and they were here as promised this morning (Monday). Two chaps spent almost an hour fixing the leak. They charges me a total of 84.19 euros, of which onlt 13.38 euros were for parts and 11.61 IVA. Which leaves 23 euros for the call out and 36.20 for the labour 59.20euros total Call Out/Labour charges

What I would like to know is, is 59.20 euros about average or could this have been cheaper ith anothr company
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:04 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Heating Boiler

15 €`s an hour for a teckie is quite reasonable.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Why did it take two engineers Is it standard practice to send two these days. Last year they only sent one guy for the call out
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polly.walker
Why did it take two engineers Is it standard practice to send two these days. Last year they only sent one guy for the call out
Probably health and safety working with gas.
I think you are making a bit of a fuss over 15€`s, as long as the boiler is working and safe I would be very happy at that price.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:19 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by polly.walker
I have a Valliant combination central heating boiler which I have ust had to have repaired due to a leak.

I called out Sertec via the Valliant shop in Benitachell On Friday and they were here as promised this morning (Monday). Two chaps spent almost an hour fixing the leak. They charges me a total of 84.19 euros, of which onlt 13.38 euros were for parts and 11.61 IVA. Which leaves 23 euros for the call out and 36.20 for the labour 59.20euros total Call Out/Labour charges

What I would like to know is, is 59.20 euros about average or could this have been cheaper ith anothr company

Polly . I hope this is the end to your problem but here in Spain the biggest killer of all types of boiler/Water Heater is Calcium. I have Installed these Devices shown on the site below having lost two water heaters in 2 years I have not had a problem since.

hydroflow

There is an initial outlay of course but the water here is so hard its best tackled head on.The web site show you where to fit the devices and causes of water problems. I hope there is someone in the trade who can give you more expert advice, I am only speaking from the wallet already. With regards your charge re repair I am afraid that would be about right. You must have seen Rogue Traders on BBC1 showing rip of builders/Plumbers , My old uncle Robert Dulux owns a paint factory and of painters would say, Their first day on a new job without fail they always give it a two hour coat of looking at, Which means they do F.All just put that on their charges. Anyway My Butler has just rang the Dinner Gong so I must Dash. Pip Pip :embaressed_smile:

Last edited by jdr; Jun 9th 2008 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Don't get me wrong My husband and were delighted at how little the repair cost was We were expecting to pay a lot more. I was just trying to get an angle on how much we should be expecting to pay or professional engineers.

Polly