Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Geranium Moth Spray

Geranium Moth Spray

Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Geranium Moth Spray

I have lots of Geranuims in my garden Last year (our first summer in Spain) some were attacked by the Geranium moth The only spray I found for them was already mixed in a spray type bottle from the garden center. It was quite expensive considering the number of plants I haveto spray

I wondered if anyone knows if I can buy the same stuff to dilute with water so I can make up more, as the small sprays last me no time at all.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:55 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Geranium Moth Spray

Polly if you take the old spray to your local cooperativa they will have something you can use and much cheaper than your garden center. You can probably buy it in 5 litre containers which diluted should be more than enough for your needs. Best of luck.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:23 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Polly

An old public school friend of mine had a spare afternoon staring out of the window looking at geraniums of all things and came up with these ditties that may pass a moment, He was a bit of an American nerd so any problems with anything technical I am sure Same difference will assist Her brain is so big she wears a size 14 hat.

http://aem.asm.org/cgi/reprint/68/8/4090.pdf
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't happen to know where the nearest Cooprativa is to Benssa do you
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:53 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Try "Decis" from Bayer. It works fine.