Catch uptime

Old May 13th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Catch uptime

Hi all

God how I miss being able to post regularly on here!

Thought I would let you know how things are going. Terry and I are now officially here!We have our padrons and also have done the residencia fiasco.
We love our new casa, even though there are all sorts of botch up jobs that seem to raise their ugly heads every day. The work has begun on the casita that we intended MIl to live in. Dust, muck and noise is all I can say!

We have really got into the coffee culture here too...can't go into town without the obligatory stop off for the cafe con leche. The locals are really friendly and patient with our pathetic attempts at Spanish.

We have organised some lessons with a local lady who will endeavour to teach us Spainsh once she finishes her Uni course in the middle of June.

We have a spare bedroom packed from floor to ceiling with MIL's furniture and boxes, and once the casita is finished I will start sorting through all that. Apart from that room, the rest of the house looks relatively organised!

Sheba (our dog) is loving the new lifestyle here. She spends the afternoon in the outside naya in the shade, and then wanders down onto the olive groves in the early evening to suss out what is happening down there. One happy hound!!!

Can't wait for the rain to move away and for us to get the sunshine back again...this is a bit like being back in Cornwall!
Old May 13th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catch uptime

Glad that you are appearing settled and organised, despite your many setbacks.

Best of luck to you both.
Old May 13th 2008, 8:08 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally
Im so glad to hear you are well - yes we miss you too but are happy to hear you news - you sound like youve been really busy - well that should keep you out of trouble
Take care
Love Sam xxxxx
Old May 14th 2008, 7:16 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you Sally and that you are both well and happy in your new home. Hope it isn't too long before your casita is finished. How are you progressing over your internet connection? Any chance of a proper connection in the near future? We miss your postings.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:35 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

SALLY!

How did I miss this thread?

So good to hear things are going better for you..........

Good to hear the dog is enjoying life in Spain.
Old May 14th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

How lovely to hear from you hopefully when your internet is sorted you will be on the forum more often
Old May 14th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Internet is a pain to say the least! We have a mobile internet connection with a Movistar modem. It's costing us 58 euros a month. Supposed to be 3G but most of the time it is GPRS...to get 3G I have to online very early am or very late at night.
Dear old Tim has been trying to find an alternative for us, but no luck so far.
Trouble is, we have a radio phone up 'ere in the mountains, so no landline option. We are trying to fins a satelitte internet provider for our area (Cocentaina/Alcoy), so if anyone knows of a company.....

Looks like the sun is back today, whch helps as far as the building work is concerned. Our soil here is almost solid clay, so with all the rain it has been a quagmire....not good news for tiled floors and terraces!

Sally xx
Old May 14th 2008, 9:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you back even if it will be intermitent with your lack of internet supplier.

Keep up the good work, your new life is kicking in now and when it is all straight you will really begin to enjoy it.

Rosemary
Old May 16th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Congratulations Sally and welcome back! I too made the move to Spain 3 weeks ago and I´m loving every minute of my new life. So glad to hear you´re happy after your recent setbacks. Love Kyla xx