Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Catastro Fiasco ?

Catastro Fiasco ?

Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Catastro Fiasco ?

Friends recently employed a gestor to register their 100 year old cortijo with the catastro in their name ,this never happened 10 years ago when they purchased the place but they now want to get everything in order as they may want to sell in future, their gestor said there would only be a 100,00 euro , fine as this is as much as they can currently afford , now they`ve found out the gestor is trying to register the house as a new build as this is the only way it can be done....supposedley Now the catastro want an architechts plan/report with photos of the house which will cost a further 350,00 euros

Do you have to register old cortijo`s as "new builds"?

Are there likley to be any more surprise fee`s?

Last edited by Rotor; Jun 8th 2011 at 2:40 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

anninspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Catastro Fiasco ?

Charges sound about right. I would normally be given a certificate of antiquity not registered as a new build and yes they need architecht's plan and report.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anninspain
Charges sound about right. I would normally be given a certificate of antiquity not registered as a new build and yes they need architecht's plan and report.
Thanks Ann ,who is isues the certificate of antiquity and I guess its called a "certificado de antigüedad" ?

And do you think anything else is likley to raise it`s ugly/expensive head ?

Rgds
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

anninspain is an unknown quantity at this point

It is normally issed by the Ayuntamiento.
If he wants to get it totally in order then he shoud get it added to his escritura as I would imagine that it currently only covers the land and makes no mention of the house. That is issued in Madrid and I think it can be quite expensive.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anninspain
It is normally issed by the Ayuntamiento.
If he wants to get it totally in order then he shoud get it added to his escritura as I would imagine that it currently only covers the land and makes no mention of the house. That is issued in Madrid and I think it can be quite expensive.
Actually they got this bit done when they purchased , the escritura mentions a dwelling on 160 m2 ,it was a condition of purchase and paid for by the vendor so at least they got something right....I think
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:09 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Thanks Ann ,who is isues the certificate of antiquity and I guess its called a "certificado de antigüedad" ?

And do you think anything else is likley to raise it`s ugly/expensive head ?

Rgds
Friends of ours had to go through this but; as it was being declared as a new build, they were fined for not having planning permission!

They also had to pay all the (building) application fees to the town hall AND they had to provide photos of how the land/property was before it was built.

Luckily, my friend was able to find an old photo on the cadastre web site !!!!!!

All-in-all I think it cost him about 16k euros for a property that he purchased for about 250k
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Friends of ours had to go through this but; as it was being declared as a new build, they were fined for not having planning permission!

They also had to pay all the (building) application fees to the town hall AND they had to provide photos of how the land/property was before it was built.

Luckily, my friend was able to find an old photo on the cadastre web site !!!!!!

All-in-all I think it cost him about 16k euros for a property that he purchased for about 250k
not what they want to hear , was it an error of the gestor ? also they wont have photos of before it was built as cameras probabley were not invented then ,maybe a rough sketch would do
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:33 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

not what they want to hear , was it an error of the gestor ? also they wont have photos of before it was built as cameras probabley were not invented then ,maybe a rough sketch would do
I don't think it was an error but just the way 'it had to be done' to legalise it.

Whilst all of this was going on, there was an embargo placed on the house so that no more work could take place and it couldn't be sold.

It was eventually sorted and all is now OK - they can even now install the fountain they've always wanted (no accounting for taste!).
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I've recently done this on a property that had an Escritura for the land and a house being built. This escritura was 20+ years old.
A new escritura was obtained using the Catastro information at a cost of 1% of the Catastral value plus lawyers fees
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I've recently done this on a property that had an Escritura for the land and a house being built. This escritura was 20+ years old.
A new escritura was obtained using the Catastro information at a cost of 1% of the Catastral value plus lawyers fees
This house was built around a 100 years ago , I dont think any records exist to prove it either way so I dont know what is best for them? can they just write to the catastro and say their gestor has made an error and delete the application and forget it ? they just dont have they money to go through with this and from what I can see were ill informed by the gestor.

Last edited by Rotor; Jun 8th 2011 at 4:17 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

This house was built around a 100 years ago , I dont think any records exist to prove it either way so I dont know what is best for them?
In my case we had IBI bills going back years that had breakdowns for land and buildings.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Friends recently employed a gestor to register their 100 year old cortijo with the catastro in their name ,this never happened 10 years ago when they purchased the place but they now want to get everything in order as they may want to sell in future, their gestor said there would only be a 100,00 euro , fine as this is as much as they can currently afford , now they`ve found out the gestor is trying to register the house as a new build as this is the only way it can be done....supposedley Now the catastro want an architechts plan/report with photos of the house which will cost a further 350,00 euros

Do you have to register old cortijo`s as "new builds"?

Are there likley to be any more surprise fee`s?
Not sure as to the exact sale but was this land with a habitable cortijo or a ruin?
If it was habitable then it should have been registered with the catastro if it was a ruin then permission for reform should have been applied for including architects plans for any major changes,especially to footprint.
It sounds as if it was a ruin as the gestor is trying to register it as a new build, in which case it is going to be expensive but only as expensive as it would have been originally, that is unless they have changed the footprint which could be a whole new headache.