Reload this Page >

NIE expired and have a job offer NEED HELP

NIE expired and have a job offer NEED HELP

Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

madridwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NIE expired and have a job offer NEED HELP

Hi guys,

I'm a in a bit of a mess. I left my job a week ago because I had been offered a new one, however in this new company they say they can't prepare the contract because my NIE has expired. I has requested an appointment to renew this but I don't have it until august 29th. The company has given me this solution, they say I need to request a DUPLICADO (certificado de registro) with my passport, volante de empadronamiento and a photo in comisaria. Does anyone know where in Madrid I can do this? I went to padre de piquer today and the chap wasn't too helpful but I only asked him if I could put forward the appointment, I didn't ask him if I could get the duplicado done, I'm not sure if this is done there or in Avenida de los poblados. Anyone been in this situation? Thanks.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:32 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIE expired and have a job offer NEED HELP

I did not think there was an expiry date on NIE? I have had mine for 9 years.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:37 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madridwolf
Hi guys,

I'm a in a bit of a mess. I left my job a week ago because I had been offered a new one, however in this new company they say they can't prepare the contract because my NIE has expired. I has requested an appointment to renew this but I don't have it until august 29th. The company has given me this solution, they say I need to request a DUPLICADO (certificado de registro) with my passport, volante de empadronamiento and a photo in comisaria. Does anyone know where in Madrid I can do this? I went to padre de piquer today and the chap wasn't too helpful but I only asked him if I could put forward the appointment, I didn't ask him if I could get the duplicado done, I'm not sure if this is done there or in Avenida de los poblados. Anyone been in this situation? Thanks.
Go to hacienda and ask if your NIE is still "alta" in their "base de datos". It is very odd though if you have been working all this time there would be no reason to let your NIE expire. Has your boss been paying your seguridad social?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:39 pm
Jur

Other question: Are you sure you´re not mixing up your NIE with your "Tarjeta de residencia" ?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

madridwolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh my NIE still exists and in the DB assigned to me, but it expires apparently, I'm just not sure which one of the various extranjerias I have to go to for this duplicado (certificado de registro). Sorry yes, it is the tarjeta de residencia which expired.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh my NIE still exists and in the DB assigned to me, but it expires apparently, I'm just not sure which one of the various extranjerias I have to go to for this duplicado (certificado de registro). Sorry yes, it is the tarjeta de residencia which expired.
According to my solicitor, an NIE is with you forever and doesnt expire.
You simply need to get your foreigners certificate (residencia) renewed
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:00 pm
Jur

It´s not the NIE which expires, it´s the residency card. The new resident documents do not expire.

Go to your townhall and ask for a certificado de empadronamiento (citizenship).
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:46 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

considering what is said in http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=718261 it would appear that your new employer is sticking rigidly to the law and checking your documents but having found what could be a problem is offering you a way round it.
any more jobs there? employers like that can be few and far between.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Dougle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

This was my scenario, I went to social to set up autonomo and gave them my NIE certificate. They informed me that it was out of date!

I then went to the national police station in Fuengirola and made an appointment for the following day.

Turned up with the required documents and was given the NEW green certificate.

This is what you need to do! They no longer issue residencia cards, the certificate acts as one, But A4,

Why you have been given such a long wait is beyond me, NOT unbelievable!

Regards, Carl.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NIE expired and have a job offer NEED HELP

Originally Posted by Dougle
Hi,

This was my scenario, I went to social to set up autonomo and gave them my NIE certificate. They informed me that it was out of date!

I then went to the national police station in Fuengirola and made an appointment for the following day.

This is what you need to do! They no longer issue residencia cards, the certificate acts as one, But A4,

Regards, Carl.
I have read somewhere that they are now issuing credit card sized green certificate not the A4 sheet. It does not have a photo so it is not an ID but it is a step in the right direction.

Here in Huelva it is said to be September before you can get an appointment but it can only be done online and it will not accept my details so I cannot become legal with the Residencia! What next?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:17 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dougle
Hi,

Regards, Carl.
I'm not disbelieving anything that you have said and experienced but the "NIE certificate" can NOT expire so they were wrong if that's what you were told.

Certainly (as I understand it) the old residencia (card) can expire and must now be replaced with the green, paper version. You will notice that the NIE number has not altered.

The smaller version of this A4, green paper is just as useless - it still requires folding so why they've produced it I shall never know!