Castellon

Old Jan 27th 2013, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

abellas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Castellon

Hi

Does anyone have any advice about Castellon. My husband is Spanish and his parents are needing a bit of help now so planning to move to Spain. I have a degree in Spanish and am a nurse and my husband is a chef. What are chef job avail abilities like, I could teach English, as I don't think nursing jobs will be easy to come by.
We also have 7 yr old twin girls who don't really know that much Spanish.
Any info on Castellon, schools, chef work, just anything would be great. His parents live in el grao.

Thank you
Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Castellon

I am sure you appreciate that this is a move vastly different to moving to the next street or next town, especially with Spain having 30% unemployment.

You would be best trying to use your local contacts for getting jobs, alright chef's are needed but vacancies appear to be few and far between. As to English teachers, well Spain is slowly growing its own, many can't get jobs even though they are well educated. One I know has a Govt Interpreter stamp but works for a company in accounts.

Regrettably it aint going to be easy getting settle here, especially for the youngsters to start with. Can you come over for a few recce visits ?

There have been a number of general and specific threads about moving to Spain here on BE, but I am sure there are others who may be able to help a little bit more.
kind regards

`
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abellas
Hi

Does anyone have any advice about Castellon. My husband is Spanish and his parents are needing a bit of help now so planning to move to Spain. I have a degree in Spanish and am a nurse and my husband is a chef. What are chef job avail abilities like, I could teach English, as I don't think nursing jobs will be easy to come by.
Any info on Castellon, schools, chef work, just anything would be great. His parents live in el grao.

Thank you
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 28th 2013, 9:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Teaching jobs are no easier to come by than nursing jobs. You said that you have a degree in Spanish and that you are a nurse and then mentioned teaching, do I take it that you have a teaching degree as well or am I misunderstanding you?

It is very difficult when parents begin to need assistance so I wish you well in the decision making.

Rosemary
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Six million unemployed and you are coming over hoping to get work? Take a sanity check!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Six million unemployed and you are coming over hoping to get work? Take a sanity check!
This new member has only made one post and in that post they have made it very clear that they are not thinking about moving here on a whim but due to her husbands parents difficulties. She has asked a question because it would appear that she does not know about the work situation in the area where her inlaws live. Your response is not very friendly, offputting to anyone seeking information and pointedly rude.

Rosemary
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP - please do not take this seriously but....

....there's a swanky new airport in Castellón, so far unused. Apparently it's being bought by some rich Libyan investors (have I got this right?) who want to have it operational by this summer - Jobs bonanza in Castellón.

Last edited by rachelk; Jan 28th 2013 at 3:34 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:58 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
To the OP - please do not take this seriously but....

....there's a swanky new airport in Castellón, so far unused. Apparently it's being bought by some rich Libyan investors (have I got this right?) who want to have it operational by this summer - Jobs bonanza in Castellón.
Few people believe the Libyan story, although there has been rumours more recently of a German consortium looking into it.
As for teaching English, there is supposed to be a big demand - certainly the people I saw in Madrid last October were snowed over with work.
According to this, teaching English in Spain is a boom business (personally I wonder if it can remain so with various websites offering cheap/free courses)

http://www.culturespain.com/tag/engl...eaching-spain/
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abellas
Hi

Thank you
Welcome to the forum. I have no answers for you but you appear to be doing the honourable thing by your in-laws, well done to you! I wish you and your family all the best.