Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Carrying Passport with new Residencia paper

Carrying Passport with new Residencia paper

Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future
Default Carrying Passport with new Residencia paper

Hi. Neighbour of mine has just renewed her residencia and instead of the A4 sheet has been given what looks like a plastic backed paper the size of a credit card with the same info as my A4 sheet. Question 1 is: Can I get mine changed or isn't it worth it?

Question 2 refers to her passport. She doesn't wish to carry the whole thing all the time and says she is going to have a colour copy made, take it to the Town Hall and get the Mayor to sign and stamp it, reduce it to a credit card size copy and then laminate it. The question is: is this copy considered legal if the Guardia stop you? I have heard of copies being done by a Notary, but the Mayor?
Thanks for all help.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:59 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carrying Passport with new Residencia paper

Originally Posted by Cats-R-Us
Hi. Neighbour of mine has just renewed her residencia and instead of the A4 sheet has been given what looks like a plastic backed paper the size of a credit card with the same info as my A4 sheet. Question 1 is: Can I get mine changed or isn't it worth it?

Question 2 refers to her passport. She doesn't wish to carry the whole thing all the time and says she is going to have a colour copy made, take it to the Town Hall and get the Mayor to sign and stamp it, reduce it to a credit card size copy and then laminate it. The question is: is this copy considered legal if the Guardia stop you? I have heard of copies being done by a Notary, but the Mayor?
Thanks for all help.
lucky lady - I'm seriously considering getting mine changed to a card - using the excuse of a new address

to be honest though, I don't carry my NIE or my passport around - I've never been asked for it ad hoc - I always know when I'm going to need it & take it with me

I don't drive though - so why would I ever be stopped for anything

If you have a photo driving licence that's generally accepted as ID

but to answer your question - I do belive a notarised copy of your passport would be accepted except for very official uses
Old Mar 27th 2012, 1:08 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carrying Passport with new Residencia paper

Originally Posted by Cats-R-Us

Thanks for all help.
You can't copy or photo reduce a certified copy as it wouldn't be a certified copy anymore!

I had ours done by the town hall and they actually stick the €2 paper receipt to it and stamped over it.

What you can do is get it photo-reduced first and then get it stamped and then just fold it up. I have one A4 sheet with my passport, driving licence and the green residency sheet all on the same piece of paper.