Reload this Page >

Carry pillion on class B licence

Carry pillion on class B licence

Old Mar 9th 2013, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

scotty10002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carry pillion on class B licence

Hi all just a quick question.
I know on a full UK B driving licence you can use a 125cc in Spain if you've had it more than 3 years. but my question is when you change to a Spanish class B licence I know you can still ride a 125cc, but can you carry a pillion on it? I'm assuming you can, thanks in advance
Old Mar 9th 2013, 6:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carry pillion on class B licence

Yes you can.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

scotty10002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:04 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Just be careful when exchanging a licence - Spain has a habit of missing off some of the classes.

Luckily I spotted this error on mine and they were re-instated. However, my wife has lost the ability to ride a scooter and class B - it's quite clearly on her UK licence but has been forgotten on her Spanish one.

She's not bothered as she never intends to use it but just be warned.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 11:18 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If she has lost class B then she can't drive a car.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

wsteele1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes Uk class B and Spanish for for use of a car. So she cant drive a car now
Old Mar 10th 2013, 3:01 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

You're correct - she's lost all A's.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:59 pm

So she had a full motorcycle licence previously and has now lost that?

If she still has a B licence she can drive a 125cc scooter.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Similar thing happened to me.
I applied for a D737 from the DVLA and got the various categories reinstated
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Similar thing happened to me.
I applied for a D737 from the DVLA and got the various categories reinstated
Hi Fred, can you tell us how you managed to get them reinstated on your Spanish licence? Did you just send the form off to Traffico?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
Hi Fred, can you tell us how you managed to get them reinstated on your Spanish licence? Did you just send the form off to Traffico?
I originally used a gestor and I used him to put the misstakes right, that was many years ago when queing time at Traffico was counted in weeks and months.

However if it was to happen today I would personally try Traffico direct with the D737.

One of the misstakes required me to have a different medical form. When I went to medico they asked me for my license which of course was the incorrect Spanish one, I explaned that there had been a misstake. Their reply was a vey simple F off you liar.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Mar 11th 2013 at 2:35 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:17 pm
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Fred James
So she had a full motorcycle licence previously and has now lost that?

If she still has a B licence she can drive a 125cc scooter.
Is that just because she has a car licence?

If the licence has nothing against the bike categories what happens if she were to be pulled over? Won't the Guardia want to see something against those categories (like on my licence)?

Thanks.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:22 pm

It's no problem. You only get the A class on your licence if you took a test etc. so long as you have had the B licence for three years the Guardia will not require further evidence.

It's a strange quirk in EU license decree that allows countries to do this. They can't put it on your licence as then it would allow you to ride a scooter in another EU country which of course you can't.