carrefour spain

Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:49 am
Just Joined

plasterer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: carrefour spain

anyone in spain can you tell me if they are in need of a plasterer
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:13 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasterer
anyone in spain can you tell me if they are in need of a plasterer
with a 50% unemployment rate among Spaniards, and thousands of Brit expats desparte to find work then I doubt you'll get a very positive response.

In any case
Just search the forum for info on jobs in Spain, sorry but it doesn't make very good reading. The unemployment in Spain is much worse than the UK, and there isn't really any welfare system as a back up.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:22 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I love Carrefour. Where else can you buy a memory stick, a pair of jeans, a loaf of bread and a bottle of whisky all in the same place.

In two weeks time, my local one will be open from 9am until midnight, every day until September.

But if some peculiar person wants to shop in the middle of the night, the 24-hour shops are but a short distance away. And if the same peculiar people want to go for a drink in the middle of the night, the 24-hour bars are there as well.

The people wandering around in the middle of the night are usually not very nice people.
Yeah but pity the stuff doesn't work when you get it home or lasts only a week or two, I call it "ForCrap". Mercadona has fresher meat for a start and prices are better all round.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:32 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Yeah but pity the stuff doesn't work when you get it home or lasts only a week or two, I call it "ForCrap". Mercadona has fresher meat for a start and prices are better all round.
Unless things have changed since I was last in, Carrefour is definitely more expensive than most of the main Supermarket chains.
I may occasionally buy the odd item there if it's on offer, but as far as normal weekly shopping is concerned I give it a miss.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:40 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I find Carrefour an unpleasant place. We do all our (supermarket) food shopping in Mercadona and only use Carrefour occasionally for things Mercadona don't have.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:58 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
I find Carrefour an unpleasant place. We do all our (supermarket) food shopping in Mercadona and only use Carrefour occasionally for things Mercadona don't have.
I only used to go in to watch those pretty little things on roller skates doing their act, but as I understand it's stopped now the place holds no futher attraction for me.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I only used to go in to watch those pretty little things on roller skates doing their act, but as I understand it's stopped now the place holds no futher attraction for me.
They still do it my local store, I usually only go in for eggs as they do sell the XXL variety - and when I have poached eggs I actually want to see the yolk. I wish that they sold duck eggs in Spain. Did spend a lot of money there last week however on some electrical items I couldn't get anywhere else.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning to go to Carrefour tomorrow

Then on to Mucky doughnuts to food shop
Old Jun 17th 2012, 12:54 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Alectryon
They still do it my local store, I usually only go in for eggs as they do sell the XXL variety - and when I have poached eggs I actually want to see the yolk. I wish that they sold duck eggs in Spain. Did spend a lot of money there last week however on some electrical items I couldn't get anywhere else.
I find duck eggs disgusting. Foul taste and fowl smell if you'll excuse the pun.
They are natural bottom feeders often living on the obnoxious rotten crap in the bottom of ponds, which partly accounts for the sour taste of their eggs.

Now goose eggs are an entirely different kettle of fish, the geese living to a large extent on lots fresh springtime grass which gives the yolks their deep rich colour and flavour.
Been almost living on them these last few weeks back in the UK, though I previously had a few given from my Spanish neighbour along with some duck eggs.
Not having access to much fresh grass, the Spanish goose eggs were not quite of the best while the duck eggs mostly went straight into the dogs bowl.

Maybe shall call in C'four when passing again,even if only to drool over those pretty young things on rollers.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 3:49 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I normally shop in Mercadona too, but they don't sell computer parts or shorts, so I get those in Carrefour. The dog food is of a better quality in Carrefour as well.

I can easily deal with rude staff, I've lived in Spain long enough and now they make me laugh, and a casual 'mujeres en pantalones' usually shuts them up anyway.

Come to think of it, my desktop, screen, mouse and keyboard all come from Carrefour and were all cheap as chips.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 5:20 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have two stores near me both have items in at different prices to each other and hardly any customers these days, It's not even cheaper for fuel now. Tuesday I went for ITV (what a fantastic system) drive through a lane five minutes later 2 years ITV. Anyway Popped into Carrefore for fuel they used to give me cash back when buying fuel now it goes on your card and not sure how to get it back, I went down the road to a small garage and got it 2 cents per ltr cheaper, No point going there anymore, except for a browse, every electrical item I bought from there has ended up in the bin or getting them fixed (skyline or whatever make it is) Crap.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 5:42 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: carrefour spain

Originally Posted by HBG
The dog food is of a better quality in Carrefour as well.
Now that really surprises me! If (for whatever reason) I do all the rest of my shopping in carrefour, I will go out of my way to get the dog food in Mercadona.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 6:06 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I normally shop in Mercadona too, but they don't sell computer parts or shorts, so I get those in Carrefour. The dog food is of a better quality in Carrefour as well.

I can easily deal with rude staff, I've lived in Spain long enough and now they make me laugh, and a casual 'mujeres en pantalones' usually shuts them up anyway.

Come to think of it, my desktop, screen, mouse and keyboard all come from Carrefour and were all cheap as chips.
I have it on good authority from he who knows these things that the only decent dog food (wet as opposed to dry) is Auchan - Alcampo's own. Won't even go near Pedigree from the UK.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 6:06 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by jimenato
I will go out of my way to get the dog food in Mercadona.
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...uch-vitamin-d/

Hope you have your mutt well insured.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 8:30 pm
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...uch-vitamin-d/

Hope you have your mutt well insured.
I didn't have you down as a Mail/Olive Press reading numpty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.