Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

carrefour spain

carrefour spain

Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default carrefour spain

does anyone know if the carrefour hypermarkets are open 24hrs in spain cant seem to find it on the website
Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: carrefour spain

Originally Posted by timmyf
does anyone know if the carrefour hypermarkets are open 24hrs in spain cant seem to find it on the website

Locations and opening hours are on website.......look again
Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:52 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timmyf
certainly the one nearest us doesn't - in fact they don't even open on Sunday most of the year

http://www.carrefour.es/tiendas-carr...or-de-tiendas/

click on the store you want to know about & the opening hours are there
Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
certainly the one nearest us doesn't - in fact they don't even open on Sunday most of the year

http://www.carrefour.es/tiendas-carr...or-de-tiendas/

click on the store you want to know about & the opening hours are there
thanks very much for your help that answers my question 10-22,
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

think times are same for all big supermarkets, I like or even love the way Sunday is a nice quiet day, no shops open etc etc.

Back to plot, OH had the green card for over 65yr old and sometimes Carrefour drop the vat on the shopping if you have both that card and the club card, we used it between Jan and March this year.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:55 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

sounds good to have a quiet Sunday, which I suppose it could be said about here as well, but.........(isnt there always)
the local Pena Marca club at the back of us meets Friday nights and they have a full pocket when it comes to letting off loud fireworks at midnight. That starts off the dog who shouts at them.
No chance of a good night's sleep with them about - wouldnt be so bad but they aren't exactly teenagers
Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pwwm
think times are same for all big supermarkets, I like or even love the way Sunday is a nice quiet day, no shops open etc etc.

Back to plot, OH had the green card for over 65yr old and sometimes Carrefour drop the vat on the shopping if you have both that card and the club card, we used it between Jan and March this year.
I went to Carrefour yesterday and saw the advertisement for the 65+ card. Didn't investigate any further but I must ask - is the IVA dropped for ALL purchases? I spent a lot and might get a little miffed if I missed out.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alectryon
I went to Carrefour yesterday and saw the advertisement for the 65+ card. Didn't investigate any further but I must ask - is the IVA dropped for ALL purchases? I spent a lot and might get a little miffed if I missed out.
Think it was only certain things, but was only on food items. If you havent got your card yet what you need is, well OH did, was passport photo, copy of residencia, padron, he also had to show proof of pension, he then filled a very short form in, card arrived from Seville within a month.

edited to say currently looking at Careefour web site they have introduced their own 65+ card, will ask if oh card is good or does he need theirs instead.

Last edited by pwwm; Jun 15th 2012 at 4:32 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 4:53 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Carrefour announced yesterday they are pulling out of Greece.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm

Where and how do you get this card?
Old Jun 15th 2012, 7:36 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Where and how do you get this card?
post # 8
Old Jun 15th 2012, 9:30 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I love Carrefour. Where else can you buy a memory stick, a pair of jeans, a loaf of bread and a bottle of whisky all in the same place.

In two weeks time, my local one will be open from 9am until midnight, every day until September.

But if some peculiar person wants to shop in the middle of the night, the 24-hour shops are but a short distance away. And if the same peculiar people want to go for a drink in the middle of the night, the 24-hour bars are there as well.

The people wandering around in the middle of the night are usually not very nice people.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 10:15 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

When we were in Spain, non of the supermarkets opened 24 hours, unlike the UK.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

We have our green 65+ card for Carrefour which we obtained from the information desk. We just produced our El Club card and our residencia. It gives a discount (not sure how much) on food items. We just hand it in with out club card at the checkout to get the discount.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74
We have our green 65+ card for Carrefour which we obtained from the information desk. We just produced our El Club card and our residencia. It gives a discount (not sure how much) on food items. We just hand it in with out club card at the checkout to get the discount.
http://www.lacanada2.com/news/genera...refour-65-club

Just found this on Google, gives all the info for the card. It does say that the initial period would end in March but we are still using ours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.