Carnival ?

Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carnival ?

I see posters all around advertising a carnival in town but everybody I ask replied very vaguely saying it is one day two days maybe ...maybe around the 14/15th Feb or some this weekend Que ?

Does anyone have dates for it and location thank you, It is very difficult to find info on events here
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carnival ?

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I see posters all around advertising a carnival in town but everybody I ask replied very vaguely saying it is one day two days maybe ...maybe around the 14/15th Feb or some this weekend Que ?

Does anyone have dates for it and location thank you, It is very difficult to find info on events here
Carnival starts on Ash Wednesday and continues to Easter Sunday.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Are there 2 then ? infoayamonte says Carnival ends Ash Wed with the burying of the sardine! unless I read it wrong. That would make the Carnival 12th/13th Feb this year.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Carnival starts on Ash Wednesday and continues to Easter Sunday.
Sorry Mike, its Lent that starts on Ash Wednesday and ends on Easter Sunday and Carnival ends on Ash Wednesday with a procession (I think) Shrove Tuesday. Regards Bryony
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

http://www.carnaval-ayamonte.com has all the info..
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you. My spanish does not cover most of that but I see it WAS to be tomorrow BUT suspended due to the forecast of rain.

Como nos ha hecho saber la ACA, comunicamos que el Revoltijo Carnavalero 2013 que estaba previsto para este sábado 19 de Enero, se ha suspendido debido a la posibilidad de lluvia.

Una vez se decida que día se llevará a acabo dicho evento, lo comunicaremos tanto aquí como en nuestro facebook
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:45 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Are there 2 then ? infoayamonte says Carnival ends Ash Wed with the burying of the sardine! unless I read it wrong. That would make the Carnival 12th/13th Feb this year.
Take it from me InfoAyamonte is right
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

May well be but it aint much help about tomorrow
Old Jan 19th 2013, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Sorry Mike, its Lent that starts on Ash Wednesday and ends on Easter Sunday and Carnival ends on Ash Wednesday with a procession (I think) Shrove Tuesday. Regards Bryony
Quite right - mea culpa - I can't read a calendar
Old Jan 19th 2013, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, if you go to the link posted by 'Lord Mayor' and then click on Agenda at the top of the page you will get a list of all the various Carnival Events including what should have been happening today plus the date of carnival procession which is in Feb as previously mentioned. Regards Bryony

Last edited by MikeCol; Jan 19th 2013 at 8:53 am.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Bryony beat me to it!
Still plenty of time

A loose translation:
ACA= Asociación de Carnavaleros de Ayamonte = the organsing body of this fiesta.
Revoltijo Carnavalero = Jumble of a sorts (not sure as never I have been to it).
The event (Revoltijo) has been cancelled today (Saturday) due to forecast rain. The event will be rescheduled once a date has been decided. Info provided on the website or on FB.

News link:
http://huelvaya.es/2013/01/17/el-pre...l-de-ayamonte/

On the carnaval-ayamonte website (thanks for the link, TP) you'll find the Calendar of Events/Agenda on the top menu. There you will find that the opening speech/"Pregón" will take place tonight at 20:30h at the Teatro Cardenio (building in front of the municipal market/mercado de abastos).

Also on the "Home" page/Principal there's a dress rehearsal/ensayo general of one of the performances which will take place today at Tasca Quitapenas at 16:30h. This might be a good opportunity to "test the water".

Hope this helps anyone out & about today.

Last edited by Carol&John; Jan 19th 2013 at 9:11 am. Reason: P.S. Is the Lord Mayor the Pope? Heaven help us!;-)
Old Jan 19th 2013, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Bryony beat me to it!
Still plenty of time

A loose translation:
ACA= Asociación de Carnavaleros de Ayamonte = the organsing body of this fiesta.
Revoltijo Carnavalero = Jumble of a sorts (not sure as never I have been to it).
The event (Revoltijo) has been cancelled today (Saturday) due to forecast rain. The event will be rescheduled once a date has been decided. Info provided on the website or on FB.

News link:
http://huelvaya.es/2013/01/17/el-pre...l-de-ayamonte/

On the carnaval-ayamonte website (thanks for the link, TP) you'll find the Calendar of Events/Agenda on the top menu. There you will find that the opening speech/"Pregón" will take place tonight at 20:30h at the Teatro Cardenio (building in front of the municipal market/mercado de abastos).

Also on the "Home" page/Principal there's a dress rehearsal/ensayo general of one of the performances which will take place today at Tasca Quitapenas at 16:30h. This might be a good opportunity to "test the water".

Hope this helps anyone out & about today.
Hi Carol, sorry I got there 1st.
P.S. I have been asked not to post in pink but horrid weather today so we need colour
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeCol

I have been asked not to post in pink but horrid weather today so we need colour
You rebel, you!